Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
You seem sure of Todd's status, which makes me a bit suspicous. Are you masoned? Are you protecting a fellow mafioso? (Would you even know he's mafia already?)

His inactivity could be "laying low" due to a power role, mafia ties, or simply joining and not playing. How are you so sure he's no threat and there's no reason to target him?
who are you asking this to? Renji or myself?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You seem sure of Todd's status, which makes me a bit suspicous. Are you masoned? Are you protecting a fellow mafioso? (Would you even know he's mafia already?)

His inactivity could be "laying low" due to a power role, mafia ties, or simply joining and not playing. How are you so sure he's no threat and there's no reason to target him?
because Todd has never been a threat ever.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
who are you asking this to? Renji or myself?
Both. Sorry for not making that more clear. Wanted to edit . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both. Sorry for not making that more clear.
if you are asking if Todd and I are masoned/mafia, remember that I was the first to vote for Todd and then ask yourself any of those questions again.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
because Todd has never been a threat ever.
Well, at least we know you're bringing sound logic to the party.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what i am saying is: there is no real reason to take out todd for the Serial Killer or the mafia. He was never an overly active player. he was never a decisive player. He was never a great player per se. So i dont see a reason why they would kill him now just cause CJ deems him bait.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
if you are asking if Todd and I are masoned/mafia, remember that I was the first to vote for Todd and then ask yourself any of those questions again.
Fair enough. Re-reading the quoted post in that light changes things a bit.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what i am saying is: there is no real reason to take out todd for the Serial Killer or the mafia. He was never an overly active player. he was never a decisive player. He was never a great player per se. So i dont see a reason why they would kill him now just cause CJ deems him bait.
Todd would be the perfect early kill. He is not the most active or most high profile player, so he is unlikely to be watched or protected. The mafia or serial killer can get can easy kill with almost no risk of getting caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Todd would be the perfect early kill. He is not the most active or most high profile player, so he is unlikely to be watched or protected. The mafia or serial killer can get can easy kill with almost no risk of getting caught.
yes. but im trying to show how dumb cj's plan is.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd has actually played pretty damn good games in the past which is why I want to here from him. That said CJ laying out the whole watch Todd plans was pure insanity so maybe there are tied together.

Going to hold off on voting until Todd speaks or at least for another hour or two to give him a chance but with him being defended day one I could see him being mafia. I did the same thing for Forenci in the Sesame Stree game when he was inactive and we were both mafia.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Todd hasn't posted in the next few hours he will likely get my vote. Being inactive (not hitting the post count quota) will get him killed anyway, and we don't have a ton to go on at the moment.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has actually been pretty good in a couple games like a month back, I have played in every one though so I forget. That said, I am with you, I don't think the mafia or sk kills him either because he is evil or because he has some heat on him write now.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Todd has actually played pretty damn good games in the past which is why I want to here from him. That said CJ laying out the whole watch Todd plans was pure insanity so maybe there are tied together.

Going to hold off on voting until Todd speaks or at least for another hour or two to give him a chance but with him being defended day one I could see him being mafia. I did the same thing for Forenci in the Sesame Stree game when he was inactive and we were both mafia.
I'm in this boat, too. I didn't have any intention of starting a lynch train when I voted for Todd and thankfully it hasn't quite gotten to that point just yet. also, the part of your post after what I bolded also has me pretty interested about CJ's alignment..
Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
He has actually been pretty good in a couple games like a month back, I have played in every one though so I forget. That said, I am with you, I don't think the mafia or sk kills him either because he is evil or because he has some heat on him write now.
idk, he just never struck me as anything important or outspoken

Old 07-18-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I'm in this boat, too. I didn't have any intention of starting a lynch train when I voted for Todd and thankfully it hasn't quite gotten to that point just yet. also, the part of your post after what I bolded also has me pretty interested about CJ's alignment..
It has been the first thing this game that has really given me pause and looked like mafia behaviour. It could be nothing but I have defended mafia and then said I would not be stupid enough to openly defend mafia.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
It has been the first thing this game that has really given me pause and looked like mafia behaviour. It could be nothing but I have defended mafia and then said I would not be stupid enough to openly defend mafia.
exactly - seemed as if he was trying to do enough to get us away from lynching Todd while simultaneously letting us talk ourselves into a reason why, if we didn't lynch him, he'd come out of the night alive.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
They're more likely to target somebody who is active/good but is still unlikely to be watched, rather than someone who is a popular target.

See: why you were killed last game.

And Todd can be a good, active townie. Uninformed suspicions everywhere.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, If he comes back as mafia, towns people with power will have a few hints as to who to look into tonite.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If Todd hasn't posted in the next few hours he will likely get my vote. Being inactive (not hitting the post count quota) will get him killed anyway, and we don't have a ton to go on at the moment.
FML - Taking into account rule 11 this won't work with an inactive. I feel like a jack-ass.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
And Todd can be a good, active townie. Uninformed suspicions everywhere.
right, I don't deny this. but given Cigaro's post count rule, if Todd doesn't so much as post to defend himself, he's toast either way. at least this way we can (and have) get some information out of it.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
right, I don't deny this. but given Cigaro's post count rule, if Todd doesn't so much as post to defend himself, he's toast either way. at least this way we can (and have) get some information out of it.
Exactly, at the moment he is our best shot at getting some answers. Or we could go the direction it looked like it was heading in and try to get people to lynch someone over past grudges or RR...... But that path doesn't look too appealing.

Last edited by Ngatachance92 : 07-18-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: wrong word
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** YOU RULE 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really pissed off. I really have come up with some next level stuff here, I'm just going to have to wait until another game to play it.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

No lynch or Todd do seem to make the most sense. It looks like they are the same, anyway, due to the inactivity rule.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Assuming Todd is good, then deciding to lynch him to speed up a day is stupid. Time is not a scoring factor, so taking more or less of it means nothing. Anyone town aligned would be in favor of giving him every chance to show up and get active.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mine was a general comment. It wasn't related to the argument of lynching him right now. I've already seen my name tied to him once which I'm not so comfortable with.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote