Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-07-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I texted Wally. He might be working since he hasn't gotten back to me.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played for about an hour today and I still have yet to find a gun or a map, which is a bit frustrating. I love the game but I'm hoping later I'll be able to play for an extended period of time to acquire some real loot. I actually stumbled upon a deer stand in the middle of the wilderness but I only walked away with some razor wire and an mp5 mag.

I'll be pretty late tonight after I get done playing with my nhl12 club team but if anyone's interested my DayZ name is themaninblack.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are raining on my parade, Cain. I have some time to play!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:55 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm off all day today if anyone would like to play. I'll check this thread periodically and probably hit up IRC too.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Played for about an hour today and I still have yet to find a gun or a map, which is a bit frustrating. I love the game but I'm hoping later I'll be able to play for an extended period of time to acquire some real loot. I actually stumbled upon a deer stand in the middle of the wilderness but I only walked away with some razor wire and an mp5 mag.

I'll be pretty late tonight after I get done playing with my nhl12 club team but if anyone's interested my DayZ name is themaninblack.
Maps are pretty rare anyways. Hopefully you find a gun or hatchet soon. :)

And hopefully I can play soon. :\

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Maps are pretty rare anyways.
Well thats good to know, ha, guess I just have to figure out how to get my bearings on my own. I do now have a general idea of where Cherno and Elektro are, so I guess today I'll have to venture into those places to get a gun.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-08-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well thats good to know, ha, guess I just have to figure out how to get my bearings on my own. I do now have a general idea of where Cherno and Elektro are, so I guess today I'll have to venture into those places to get a gun.
Make sure you go to a low population server if you are going into one of those.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Make sure you go to a low population server if you are going into one of those.
Yea I realize it's a very risky move even in a low pop server but I need a gun and that seems like one of the quicker ways to do so. Pretty much every place I've looted has yielded only empty cans, soda, canteens, razor wire, chemlights, etc.

Is there any way to recognize which buildings are lootable from a distance? It sucks having to sneak around checking the doors on a bunch of buildings in the middle of zombiepalooza.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea I realize it's a very risky move even in a low pop server but I need a gun and that seems like one of the quicker ways to do so. Pretty much every place I've looted has yielded only empty cans, soda, canteens, razor wire, chemlights, etc.

Is there any way to recognize which buildings are lootable from a distance? It sucks having to sneak around checking the doors on a bunch of buildings in the middle of zombiepalooza.
Honestly its just time... I first started and ran to every damn building trying to open doors.

You can always run to Stary Sabor which is a good place for gear.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Generally in Electro you can find guns in either of the two fire houses. Sometimes the Firehouse closest to the city will wield an AKM. The church usually has a Makarov(sidearm) in it and the SUper Market usually has a weapon as well. The office building almost always has a makarov and more often than not has a lee enfield (most common but on of the loudest guns in the game). Electro can be great for loot but is also usually populated very well with starters...if you have nothing to lose just run in and grab what you can get.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Generally in Electro you can find guns in either of the two fire houses. Sometimes the Firehouse closest to the city will wield an AKM. The church usually has a Makarov(sidearm) in it and the SUper Market usually has a weapon as well. The office building almost always has a makarov and more often than not has a lee enfield (most common but on of the loudest guns in the game). Electro can be great for loot but is also usually populated very well with starters...if you have nothing to lose just run in and grab what you can get.
Yeah exactly what he said... If you can enter from the north by the Power plant as you skip most of the crap in the town and can hit the closely gathered Firestations, Super Market, Church and Office Building.

If you don't have dual monitors you can download an app called DayZ Map guide which will greatly assist you in finding where these buildings are.

DayZDB is a good online map as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I need a mini break from the game since losing the truck was pretty damaging to my psyche.

I will be back on tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I need a mini break from the game since losing the truck was pretty damaging to my psyche.

I will be back on tomorrow.
It's true. Cain sounded very depressed yesterday.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i went on a helicopter joy ride then got murdered for it.

Ran to the airfields to see someone raiding it i hop in and take off then i get owned.

anyone by the airfields to hook me up with some blood?!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I'm by Pavlovo right now, figured that church would be lootable but it isn't and I haven't really found anything here. Gonna head east I think to look for some more deerstands then probably up to Stary.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stary is a good place to get military guns!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm by Pavlovo right now, figured that church would be lootable but it isn't and I haven't really found anything here. Gonna head east I think to look for some more deerstands then probably up to Stary.
Stary is pretty much guaranteed loot. You wont get out of there without at least 1 assault rifle. I have found AK Kobra/ AK 74 / M16 / m4 etc

Have also found a Glock / M9 / and M9 silenced as well as an m24 sniper rifle.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

So I ran into a barn just east of Pav and lo and behold, there's a shotgun sitting there with a few rounds. I accidentally threw a flare right before I picked it up so that attracted a few zed which kinda scared me so I ran and fell off the side of one of the staircases going up the barn and broke my leg. Sooo close yet so far away lol.

EDIT: Well I finally did get ahold of some stuff after I respawned by the air field/military base thingy. Grabbed an AK with a bunch of ammo, soda, razor wire,and a canteen. Then I guess I aggro'd a zombie so I ran north into the woods (where I was planning on heading next anyway) and found a radio station that had a toolbox in it. Went a bit further and decided it was a good time to abort. IDK exactly where I am but I know its north of that air field.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 08-08-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Alright I am well rested. Less annoyed at real life situations and about half over the loss of the truck... I think I am good to go.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Alright I am well rested. Less annoyed at real life situations and about half over the loss of the truck... I think I am good to go.
Hooray! I will likely be playing today. I don't know when, but by god I will play.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hooray! I will likely be playing today. I don't know when, but by god I will play.
Same time for me, 5ish.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I will try to hop on around then. No guarantees though.

Don't worry Cain! We'll get you a new truck!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Look what I found cain :D

You missed out on a lot last night haha so many vehicles and boats found on one server. Forenci gunning down a van that was coming straight for us and making everyone we come across rage quit.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Haha nice... Did you guys save them or just joy ride and then leave?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Shiney crashed it late last night :\ should've never let him drive it!

But luckily another bus we ran into was still there when forenci went to go see if it was still there.