Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-16-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question, because this is going to be highly important to any possible future involvement in this game. Is this a game that should be easily left at a moment's notice?

A lot of the games I've been playing - CS:GO, LoL, Madden - you get into a game and you're kind of committed for 30-60 min at least. Seems like DayZ allows that possibility to leave the game if the baby wakes up or the wife needs me, yeah?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't really say at the moment. I think this DayZ will be far more conducive to quicker play sessions because you can basically hit a big town and just stay there for longer periods of time. You don't have to loot two buildings in the city (because they were the only open ones) and then run for 10 minutes to find another city, loot that, etc.

But, having not played it yet I can't say.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can definitely leave at a moment's notice although you may leave yourself in a bad spot when you load in next.

You'll be in the exact spot you were when you logged out provided someone doesn't kill you while logging out :)

Dallas Cowboys GM -Forum Mock
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I have to hold out until January. I am currently studying for my Series 7 and this would make it nearly impossible to sit at my desk and study.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
You can definitely leave at a moment's notice although you may leave yourself in a bad spot when you load in next.

You'll be in the exact spot you were when you logged out provided someone doesn't kill you while logging out :)
Got it. As long as I stay close to a safe-ish zone to get out at a moment's notice I should be okay then.

Sounds like this might fit my wife's liking a little bit more than some of the other stuff. Although I haven't gotten much time in at all recently.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think I have to hold out until January. I am currently studying for my Series 7 and this would make it nearly impossible to sit at my desk and study.
Good luck with the Series 7.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn it... I am downloading right now.

I have to finish this damn chapter before I play... Self control Cain... Self control.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and Forenci just found each other currently looking for supplies! Hop on vent if yall decide to get it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also got our first PvP kill. We both beat the **** out of some dude with an axe and a shovel.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Someone hook me up with the Vent info
Old 12-16-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god it is here. I head to Dublin/Edinburgh tomorrow until the weekend, but I might try and download it when I get back to London. I'll have like 3 and a half days staying with family so might be able to check it out!

Send me the vent stuff too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Downloading!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't get on vent but I played for a bit. Bit clunky but a ton of fun. Nabbed a backpack, gas lantern, couple cans of food, and evaded two people with flashlights trying to hunt me down (I think).

Zombies were a bit sparse IMHO hopefully their plan of utilizing multi-threading in the future will allow them to massively increase their numbers.

Good stuff though. I'll be on a ton tomorrow for anyone playing.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what happened to it being $15 :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I was expecting it to be more like $20. I guess they went with the ARMA III model, which was a bit more expensive in opinion.

We've been having a blast running around as a group so far. It's the definition of a REAL survival game though. I've died a couple times from not finding food.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of the DayZ-likes coming out (e.g. Rust)?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game has been really smooth for the most part even with the amount of people that have bought and played the game today. Not as buggy as I was expecting it to be, for it being in the very early stages of the alpha there's a lot you can still do and find. Been playing all day with with everyone and now with Forenci. I've recorded for most of the day so I'll be putting together a series video for a youtube channel.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It all just depends on your interest I suppose. I'm excited for DayZ for two reasons: first, the sheer depth. The game is SO insanely deep already and you have to (often times literally) fight to survive. Now, they need to clean up the textual indicators and maybe ease back on the hunger/thirst needs slightly but just trying to survive has been a blast. The second reason is that I REALLY love the team making it. Hall, despite not being the most PR savvy early on, is arguably the most open and honest developer I've seen. Not to mention he frequently and regularly interacts with the community. He says he feels like the launch and current state of Standalone would be at a C-. That's pretty tough criticism. Plus, the team is big for a game like this. 30+. Typically with games that are indie in nature and do not have an overbearing publisher (BIS is quite good about this for the most part) have small, small teams so you will see releases come often times bi or tri-monthly. Now, the updates WILL slow a bit now that's it been a released but considering that they were updating the game 4-5 times a day prior to release I expect frequent updates. They've already been squashing a ton of bugs from what I've read.

Again, I think Rust is interesting. However, it just sort of seems like a Minecraft/Dayz hybrid. If you like EXTREME survival, depth, and realism DayZ is the way to go. However, you don't like bugs, don't want to play an alpha, just wait. The alpha should be in development for over a year so if you want to wait you can for over a year and still get it at Alpha price later.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I just don't know about you Forenci.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Say what now?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

our adventures from yesterday

Old 12-17-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Dying Light looks like it could be a must buy IMO.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

New patch already released.

The turn around time for their updating is incredible.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i bought it, using my mac as a mic for now

steam id is fenikz602

Last edited by fenikz : 12-17-2013 at 08:02 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Added ya Forenci. Daedalus (vivalafear)

Jesus either from the patch or from it being daytime but zombies now see you 3 blocks away. Had a not-so-fun bug of a zombie running through doors and me being unable to break sight after freshly spawning.

On a plus side after respawning I made my way to Stary Sobor :)