Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, Forenci is the least helpful person ever! Few questions:

-Do I want to launch the game via Steam? That is an option in the DayZ Commander settings tab.

-How do I choose a name? I assume if you launch it via Steam it uses your Steam profile.

-Do the key bindings / switches I made in Arma2 carry over, or am I going to have to re-do them for DayZ?

-And please tell me there is a way to invert the mouse in DayZ, otherwise I will blow something up.

Thanks!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This looks awesome and I hope to be able to join you guys within the next week or so.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, well I'm in because bantx is a stone cold baller and shot caller and helped me out a bit.

I'm getting my keybinds set up right now. I'm pretty much down for whatever. Do we have a "home server" or something?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

My god, why was everyone so excited to play, and the second I get the game no one is around to answer my questions? Y'all suck something fierce.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i told you asshat

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
i told you asshat
I know <3

So I was wandering around to kind of get my bearings, see how the game was, etc. Found an old barn with some extra bandages/food/soda, so I grabbed that. Then I had to alt tab for something and when I tabbed back in I was dead, haha.

Going to go back in and see if I can gather up some supplies. I'm kind of learning how zombies interact with the world and how to avoid them and stuff. So far I'm having a ******* blast though.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone around?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets play caddy!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So I log on a server and I start scavenging when a Zombie runs up on me. Now I have a gun with a few spare clips, but I try to shoot him and it does nothing.. I run away but I end up losing 3k bloods because of that glitch. Now I'm down to 7300 or so. :(

Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
So I log on a server and I start scavenging when a Zombie runs up on me. Now I have a gun with a few spare clips, but I try to shoot him and it does nothing.. I run away but I end up losing 3k bloods because of that glitch. Now I'm down to 7300 or so. :(
Crouch or Prone at all times around Zombies. Aim for the head only if you cannot lose them. Shooting will draw other Zombies and potential players.

If you have a train of Zombies run into a building you know you can get out of when they get in there. Zombies are forced to walk in buildings so you should have a good chance to get out.

Or find a big hill... well actually a mountain where you are forced to slow down. Keep trekking up the hill and the Zombies will fall off. You can also go out on a Dock or Pier as Zombies hate them. Last ditch effort you can swim but you risk losing your backpack.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Literally none of that was the problem. I did that. I've been watching videos for weeks. :P

The problem was that my gun wouldn't fire, so I just ran.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Also that wedding is ********! Come play DayZ instead! :D

Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Literally none of that was the problem. I did that. I've been watching videos for weeks. :P

The problem was that my gun wouldn't fire, so I just ran.
Did you reload?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Did you reload?
I wasn't out of ammo to begin with. It was a glitch on that particular server apparently, cuz I logged into a new one and it fires just fine.

Things have taken a turn for the worse though. I broke my leg and I'm out of bandages and painkillers. I'm down to 5400 blood and I'm scared. I am not long for this world.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Well if you didn't reload originally you wouldn't be able to shoot but any way...

If you don't have anything too good I would just end it and get back to looting.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well if you didn't reload originally you wouldn't be able to shoot but any way...

If you don't have anything too good I would just end it and get back to looting.
I was already shooting with it though, that was the problem. Anyway it was just that server.

Oh well, time to die!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Took out five zombies before I died from blood loss. Hooray.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

So like, is DayZ Commander just the worst ever at getting you on the same servers as your friends or what? A buddy and I are trying to play and we don't see the same servers via DayZ Commander.

edit: Ah, it's apparently an issue and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Last edited by vidae : 07-28-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So like, is DayZ Commander just the worst ever at getting you on the same servers as your friends or what? A buddy and I are trying to play and we don't see the same servers via DayZ Commander.

edit: Ah, it's apparently an issue and hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
something is wrong with it. Last night Bantx and I were trying to get on the same sever but mine would only load up 500 servers.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
something is wrong with it. Last night Bantx and I were trying to get on the same sever but mine would only load up 500 servers.
Yeah I read the forums and apparently it's a problem for everyone atm. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. :)

Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

who wants to play in a few?!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

me and forenci is in a pretty good server right now if anyone wants to join

Old 07-28-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae is lame and won't play with us.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I told you how to get to this server. I'm not ditching the three people I'm playing with because you're unwilling to open and close the DayZ Commander app a few times. :P

Old 07-28-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I told you how to get to this server. I'm not ditching the three people I'm playing with because you're unwilling to open and close the DayZ Commander app a few times. :P
I told you numerous times I tried that SEVERAL (not just a couple) times and it didn't work. I was more than happy to go on your server but it's not there.