Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm digging Lane Johnson so much I might rank him above Warmack.

His upside is through the roof.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm digging Lane Johnson so much I might rank him above Warmack.

His upside is through the roof.
I really hope he is there when we pick. That's a pick I'd be very happy for. Probably a level of happiness I haven't had since I can remember in a draft.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I really hope he is there when we pick. That's a pick I'd be very happy for. Probably a level of happiness I haven't had since I can remember in a draft.
My first choice is still Ansah. But if he's not there, and I'm not in love with Oggletree, then Johnson or Warmack better be the pick.

Regardless, we have potential for a very good pick at 19. Someone very talented will be there to take.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My first choice is still Ansah. But if he's not there, and I'm not in love with Oggletree, then Johnson or Warmack better be the pick.

Regardless, we have potential for a very good pick at 19. Someone very talented will be there to take.
Yeah, and this draft is deep. I hope we don't go DE. I believe we can run with Tuck, JPP, Kiwi and Ojomo. However, if they feel Ansah is the best player then I would be fine with it. Stick to your board and keep that integrity of the board intact.

I was thinking for a couple days if teams have adapted to our popular, can't have too many pass rushers model. It was a great model that yielded results. But I wonder if the league has caught up with it or found a way to play us that makes that model some what archaic.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I want Kawan Short in the first. But I've said it before and I'll say it 10 more times come draft day: this draft is SO deep in the trenches, it's absurd
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty is right, the OL and DL depth in this draft is incredible. I would love to go one OL one DL the first 2 rounds(unless there is a steal when we pick), then DB and LB rounds 3, 4, and/or 5 and then back to addressing the OL and DL. Just stock up on some Big Uglies

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said weeks ago I wanted to build the trenches back up and this is certainly the draft to do that. I'd be very happy with an offensive or defensive lineman.

Can I get some further information on Lane Johnson? Why is his upside more than Warmack?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I said weeks ago I wanted to build the trenches back up and this is certainly the draft to do that. I'd be very happy with an offensive or defensive lineman.

Can I get some further information on Lane Johnson? Why is his upside more than Warmack?
He just recently starting playing OL. He's a LT prospect. He's got a great frame and can add weight. Incredible feet. Rumor is hell run a 4.8 at 303 lbs. footwork is just incredible.

It's really more bc he's a LT instead of a Guard. But he can be a great one.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like he's sort of a project. I'm not a big fan of "projects" at offensive line positions. It typically doesn't work out very often.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He's not a project though. He's very good already. Was very good all week at the practices and during the game at the Senior Bowl. He's probably a notch below Fisher already and with his athleticism could be a better pro than Fisher. Is already a very good technician as well.

Lane Johnson is the real deal. Watch him at the Senior Bowl and you'll know what I'm talking about. This guy is the real deal. It wouldn't surprise me if he winds up being a top 10 pick.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to check him out. He sounds interesting.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top prospects in the first round that I like for NYG are:

1. Ezekiel Ansah

2. Lane Johnson

3. DJ Fluker

They all seem to fit the mould of elite physical tools and substantial development potential.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1 Ansah
Round 2 Warford
Round 3 Corner

Drop mic and walk off stage

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't realistically think Ansah will be there at 19 quite honestly. He's my first choice, but I don't see him on the board.

Lane Johnson and Warmack both could potentially be off the board as well. Which presents us with a tricky situation.

Warford is getting overrated. Just because a draft class is deep doesn't mean you should shy away from the top talent in that position to get better value later in the draft. Typically, that depth is overrated. I'm not saying Warford won't be a good player, but I really don't like how he went from a 3rd/4th rounder to a 2nd in an instant.

Those jumps scare me a little.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
My top prospects in the first round that I like for NYG are:

1. Ezekiel Ansah

2. Lane Johnson

3. DJ Fluker

They all seem to fit the mould of elite physical tools and substantial development potential.
My top prospects for the Giants first round:

1. Sam Montgomery

2. DJ Fluker

3. Desmond Trufant
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Ansah or Johnson will be there to be honest

CB is an option, but I am not sure which one. There is plenty of talent at CB and we can likely get a good one in the second round.

I am really liking Fluker as a LG/RT option.

I just don't see us getting a first round LB (much as I want to), I think we will get some good talent in the 2nd to 4th rounds.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to fear that all three of our guys will be gone before #19. Ansah played soo good in the Senior Bowl game, and he will probably test well at the combine. Someone is going to fall in love and pick him top 15, after seeing us do the same thing with JPP and succeeding. Lane Johnson will also blow everyone away at the combine and go top 12 or something, because tackle-needy teams will panic and trade up once Joeckel and Fisher both gets picked top 8-10.

Warmack just seems like such a good prospect, but I think he is the most likely to fall to our pick of those three guys. I ultimately fear he gets picked right in front of our noses, and we barely miss out on him.

If Ansah, Johnson and Warmack are all gone, I would want a LB(not Te'o) if there's anyone out there worthy of the pick. If not, I say we go Trufant. I REALLY love Trufant, he is my favorite prospect we can realistically have a shot at drafting so far in my evaluation process. Although I think we have bigger needs than to take him in the first round. But I think he's going to be a shutdown #1 corner in this league.

If Trufant is there round two, and we don't take him, I will be super pissed. I think he will go in the last third of round one when it's all said and done. Probably too early for us to take him round one :(

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I'd like Jonathan Jenkins, Jesse Williams or DJ Fluker if Ansah and Johnson are gone.

Jenkins or Williams could be that huge anchor we ideally need inside (and we tried to get with Rogers).

First of all I think we bring in on vet LB and I think we can get decent LB to complement in the later rounds.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Kawan Short, I'm telling you guys. I need to watch more on Montgomery and Okafor. both guys I kinda like but not sure on
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea where Warford's stock is and what it's been doing. I want him just because I was impressed the few games of his I saw and based of what YFS has told me that supports what I saw. And what I saw was a borderline first round OG who does not let go once he's locked in, and who moves very well for how massive he is. Warford would be a nice fit next to Beatty on our left side, that'd give us great protection of Eli's back and would give us enough punch to actually run left.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I have no idea where Warford's stock is and what it's been doing. I want him just because I was impressed the few games of his I saw and based of what YFS has told me that supports what I saw. And what I saw was a borderline first round OG who does not let go once he's locked in, and who moves very well for how massive he is. Warford would be a nice fit next to Beatty on our left side, that'd give us great protection of Eli's back and would give us enough punch to actually run left.
I like Fluker in that role, I think he is more mobile than Warford
Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I really like Kawan Short, I'm telling you guys. I need to watch more on Montgomery and Okafor. both guys I kinda like but not sure on
I like him as well! Stood out at the senior bowl, and has some real nice burst for a DT. Just so many talented guys on the OL and DL this year, it's hard to go wrong with one of those in the first round.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
In the Senior Bowl it sounded like Warford was more of a pass blocker and less of a run blocker. I'd rather get more of a road grader to put him next to Beatty. Warford's size just scares me. He's fat. Really fat. He's not in the mold of the more muscular linemen you see these days and that scares me.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I'm not thrilled with his conditioning at all. That scares me.

I'm also not thrilled with Montgomery as of right now. He looks like an average NFL pass rusher to me. Not a terrible player, but not an impact player either.

I don't want to draft a DE that's just average.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question.

Let's say we draft Lane Johnson. How does our line shape up? Where do we stick Beatty? at RT? Does Lane redshirt the season? Does he play RT? I am not opposed to the pick, but wouldn't a guard or pure RT be better for us? If Beatty plays like he did last season he can be the LT no problem, of course that's a big "If" though.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote