Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another name I forgot to mention that I like is DJ Hayden.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please no Teo, Werner, TE, and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Another interesting fact I read on twitter:

Since 06, 85 players drafted have made the Pro Bowl.

49 on offense.
36 on defense.

Only 7 defenders were drafted after round 2.

So what does that tell you about the draft? It's more important to invest early on defenders vs offensive players. Bc offense can be manufactured through scheme bc of the rule changes. You can get production out of inferior athletes later in the draft.

On defense, bc you're reactionary to the offense, athleticism is more important, and that requires an earlier investment in the draft.

That's why I typically favor drafting defense early, and why I have no problem with how Reese invests on defense.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:05 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Another interesting fact I read on twitter:

Since 06, 85 players drafted have made the Pro Bowl.

49 on offense.
36 on defense.

Only 7 defenders were drafted after round 2.

So what does that tell you about the draft? It's more important to invest early on defenders vs offensive players. Bc offense can be manufactured through scheme bc of the rule changes. You can get production out of inferior athletes later in the draft.

On defense, bc you're reactionary to the offense, athleticism is more important, and that requires an earlier investment in the draft.

That's why I typically favor drafting defense early, and why I have no problem with how Reese invests on defense.
Wow, that's actually a really interesting stat! Had no idea the numbers were so skewed towards first round defenders! Well, yet another argument in favor of pissing off NYG and draft defense early and often

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Im not a big stat guy, but that is an incredible statistic. It also tells me that it's easier to find pro bowl offensive talent in the draft.

WRs have such a competitive advantage with the rules that it's just easier to find productive talent later in the draft. And if you spread em out you isolate matchups and you can generate production on offense as a result, as long as you have a good qb.

And by doing that, you put less pressure on the OL bc the defense is stretched out and the ball comes out quickly. So really, as long as you have a great qb, which we do, you can get great production on offense with minimal investment.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Draft Day everyone!!! This is the least I've cared about the draft in about 15 years though but should still be a fun night.

Awesome stat BBD. OL and defense starting tonight! I'm with you on the no TE or TE'O.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Happy draft day!

I'm gonna try to log on during the draft but I probably won't make it tonight. Enjoy the draft everyone!

NYG, I'm gonna laugh so hard when we go defense for the first 3 rounds then take a developmental OLmen in round 4! I'll be thinking of you!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please BBD. You won't be able to resist seeing the comments here tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This is probably our last draft together on this site guys. Think about it.

Getting sentimental!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well Reese better send us off on a high note then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hope its a player we like and not some random guy or surprise. I can't wait until draft time! Its like Christmas and now hopefully its someone that can play right away.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My favorite part of the draft is the wtf pick. Every year, there's a pick that comes out of nowhere that leaves the crowd laughing hysterically. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

But the wtf pick is always a good time. Unless its us...
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm so excited. this is the most i've ever followed a draft. so pumped.

I like Trufant as well, BBN.

Man, i'm excited. it's so awesome because we have NO idea which way we'll go
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I want to get beers before draft. Who's with me??

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Also, Scott's last mock is actually very good to us.

1st. Tank Carradine
2nd. Arthur Brown
3rd. Winters from Kent St.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Let's hope its a player we like and not some random guy or surprise. I can't wait until draft time! Its like Christmas and now hopefully its someone that can play right away.
No rookie ever starts right away for us. Even a RB didn't get any playing time his rookie year. Coughlin doesn't play rookies.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Also, Scott's last mock is actually very good to us.

1st. Tank Carradine
2nd. Arthur Brown
3rd. Winters from Kent St.
i LOVE arthur brown 2nd round...he'll turn into everything we wanted from clint sintim honestly and i like the winters pick too.

what are all your thoughts on tank?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Happy draft day!

I'm gonna try to log on during the draft but I probably won't make it tonight. Enjoy the draft everyone!

NYG, I'm gonna laugh so hard when we go defense for the first 3 rounds then take a developmental OLmen in round 4! I'll be thinking of you!

Nooooooo! stop saying such blasphemy!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will take your developmental 4th round OT and like it, sir.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@TomRock_Newsday

Sounds like Giants haven't completely closed the door on Michael Boley returning. Interesting.

this could mean we're not enthralled with any top LBs in the draft

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If NYG really doesn't like a 4th round OL, we can just wait another round and grab a project TE in round 5 to be our first offensive pick!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No rookie ever starts right away for us. Even a RB didn't get any playing time his rookie year. Coughlin doesn't play rookies.
and that's the philosophy of the HC vs Reese. TC does that but Reese says the first 3 picks have to contribute. That brings me back to Reese doesn't have a full stamp on his tram until 2 things happen: He picks the HC and QB. That's every GM though.

The Jets GM can't stamp his team until fatty and Sanchez get shipped away and he is allowed to pick a new HC and QB.

Same with Reese. He is doing well for us but still isn't his team until he picks both. He fell into a great spot where he has a HC and QB picked for him.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
This is probably our last draft together on this site guys. Think about it.

Getting sentimental!

why? are you leaving?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If NYG really doesn't like a 4th round OL, we can just wait another round and grab a project TE in round 5 to be our first offensive pick!

I never like the stupid project , developmental failed OL pick Reese does or Ross picks. A TE would go great lengths but I'd rather use the mid round on Lattimore as our risk.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boley coming back would be super sweet. focus on DE, DB and OL. boom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote