Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pugh is a great player, well done!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, considering who was on the board I think I'd have preferred someone else.

It's not the worst pick in the world but just seems like their were better guys on the board. I'm glad we didn't take Tank. I didn't like him.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Damn,, I cheated and saw the pick.

Eh... God.
you got your offensive pick

first 1st round OL since Petitgout in 1999
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
you got your offensive pick

first 1st round OL since Petitgout in 1999
yeah but not this guy. Jerry and his BPA nonsense. No way this guy is ranked higher than the others on the board.

Short armed OT reminds me of Sam Baker.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Tyler E. Heck, even Rhodes or Tru, or those guys would be cool too.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this pick to be honest

there will be great value at the other spots in the 2nd round
Old 04-25-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eifert is poop.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I would have guessed he was higher ranked then Puke. Plus he was an Eagles fan born and raised! LOL. So that's strike one.

At least, this guy is plug and play.
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awful. garbage. Pugh is so bad. I've seen get destroyed by blitzes and mediocre RU pass rushers for 3 years. So pissed. Would've preferred Long
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, a pretty meh pick for me to be honest. But I can't fault the Giants for picking a RT with the way Diehl played last year, so let's hope he shores up our right side. We have a potentially very sexy O-line if Pugh is good. In Reese I trust!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

The Giants had this guy rated very highly

Jerry Reese: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board."

(courtesy of Ralph Vacchiano)
Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Pugh could also be in the mix for LG as well as RT
Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The Giants had this guy rated very highly

Jerry Reese: "He was the highest guy on our board. You guys think I'm joking when I say that, but he was the highest guy on our board."

(courtesy of Ralph Vacchiano)
Jerry knows what he's talking about

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, this is why I never bank on anything with JR. I'll trust him on this one. I'm glad we didn't take Carradine though.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Watching TC and Bob Papa talk about him now..
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Haha, this is why I never bank on anything with JR. I'll trust him on this one. I'm glad we didn't take Carradine though.
very true and this year in particular was wide open.

Nice to see some youth on the Oline, Pugh is extremely intelligent.

I am looking forward to seeing what Pat Flahrety can do with this kid.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
even over Pugh? David Diehl's clone. At pick 19. A tweener o-lineman. Think about that. Christ.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Mmm. I don't like Carradine at all, never have so I was okay with that. I mean, Diehl in his prime was pretty damn good, particularly at guard (not recently, obviously). If we can get that for the next 10 years I'd be thrilled.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
even over Pugh? David Diehl's clone. At pick 19. A tweener o-lineman. Think about that. Christ.
Pugh is way more athletic than Diehl ever was. He is possibly our most athletic Oline right now, thats including Beatty.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

athleticism isn't everything. he's just not that good, IMO. He'll be an average/solid guard for us. it's fine, but not at 19. not over tank. not over Rhodes. not over Floyd.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Shane loved the Pugh pick, fwiw. Said he's very good in space and pulling. Sounds like our type of O-Linemen. I liked some other guys over Pugh, so I won't pretend to be excited about it but I can see it growing on me for sure.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

it just wasn't a good value pick. a guard is a guard IMO. Guards are easy to find late. Interior OL is easy to find late. We passed on some studly CB's and Tank for Pugh. Ugh. In the first. We picked an average guard in the first. I watched film on him and talked about him with ATL and we just watched him get DISMANTLED by Rutgers pass rushers
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well, I guess I'm not as upset because I don't like Tank and was never a huge Rhodes fan. I would have much rather had Floyd though.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

**** the saints. I would've like vacarro. or niners trading up for reid. ******* a
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it just wasn't a good value pick. a guard is a guard IMO. Guards are easy to find late. Interior OL is easy to find late. We passed on some studly CB's and Tank for Pugh. Ugh. In the first. We picked an average guard in the first. I watched film on him and talked about him with ATL and we just watched him get DISMANTLED by Rutgers pass rushers
Stop making sense, you are making me sad about our pick :( I will give Reese the benefit of the doubt, seeing as he never drafts busts in the first round, but there certainly were good options available out there we passed on to get him. So he better perform.

It's going to hurt my soul watching Trufant dominate for the Falcons with the D-bag Mike Smith as his coach.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote