Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their pass rush is gonna be sick now. They have no CBs, but they greatly improved their pass rush.
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We're going through a philosophical change on defense. We're getting bigger to play the run. I don't think we'll see as many Nascar packages as the past.
I'm not so sure. I think the idea is to have more options with how to deal with running QBs like RGIII while also being able to handle the OLs of SanFran and Seattle in the playoffs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we give Sam Montgomery a looksie now. I'm not a big Montgomery fan, but in the 5th round, it wouldn't be a terrible gamble.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Their pass rush is gonna be sick now. They have no CBs, but they greatly improved their pass rush.
Yeah, they have some crazy talent, but if Pugh's as good as the team thinks he is Wilson and the OL could push them around in the run game to keep those pass rushers off the field. We already did it last year and that was without Pugh. With beatty, Pugh, Brewer stepping in and Wilson being his ridiculously explosive self we can run on them if they go all out on stopping eli, and if they don't throw the house at him he'll pick that secondary apart.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I forgot Stevie is on the board. Let's get Stevie Scotty!

You know I love me some Beau!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this point in the draft, I want BPA regardless of position. Don't reach for a LB just for the sake of getting a LB. Same with CB.

Just load up on strict BPA. I'm hoping Washington is there for us, but if not, just go BPA all the way down the line. Talent makes rosters at this point, positional value doesn't mean anything at this point in the draft.
This x 1,000.

Like the 3rd and 4th round picks of Moore and Nassib. Surprised both of them were available. If we draft Arthur Brown Jr in the 2nd this would be an A draft but the fact that we ignored a 3 down LB for a 2 down rotational DT puzzles me.

Moore is my favorite pick so far but Nassib was a very smart move on our part.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reese's presser for this Ryan Nassib pick is up on giants.com
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cooper Taylor S Richmond in the 5th. Can't wait to hear about how much film you draft experts watched of him.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

None actually. I'm trying to look up info on him right now. He sounds the part physically.

I'm good for 3 rounds, after that your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the draft.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry's size and speed guy on this pick. Bye bye Sash?
Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wonder if we can move this guy to LB? He's 6 4" 230 lbs and ran 4.49. That's a nice long frame that can easily add 10 lbs and still have excellent speed.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Side note: Stanford's HC is gonna make an excellent NFL HC. I want him to be Coughlin's heir when TC hangs em up.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

They are saying on BBI that he was worked out a LB at his proday.

Some more Info http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ichmond-safety
Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Maycock View Post
They are saying on BBI that he was worked out a LB at his proday.

Some more Info http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ichmond-safety
According to this, he has a serious heart condition. That's a little scary.

I think we should convert him to LB, and keep an eye on his heart and see how it shapes up. It's a 5th rounder, it's a good gamble on our part. I like the pick.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well I doubt TC hangs it up. He will probably be forced out.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys yelled at me a few weeks ago when I suggested grabbing an heir to Eli, btw. Just saying.

We need Stevie Beau or Jordan Poyer in the 7th
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had never heard of cooper taylor but just read about him- he is a massive dude. 6'4 230 is LB size for a safety. he reminds me of kam chancellor from what i've read about him. I'm glad we took a safety

the fact we have not drafted a LB yet is very interesting. It indicates we feel really good about J Williams, Keith Rivers and potentially Dan Connor starting for us this year with Kiwi possibly rotating in and Herzlich as a backup.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you guys yelled at me a few weeks ago when I suggested grabbing an heir to Eli, btw. Just saying.

We need Stevie Beau or Jordan Poyer in the 7th
I don't think any of us envisioned a player like Nassib being there in the 4th.

I want Stevie. Do we get him? Probably not. But I want him.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to this, he has a serious heart condition. That's a little scary.

I think we should convert him to LB, and keep an eye on his heart and see how it shapes up. It's a 5th rounder, it's a good gamble on our part. I like the pick.
i asked my uncle who is a cardiologist and a fellow giants nut and he said his heart condition is not a big deal and it's rather common, nothing too out of the ordinary. IF that is why he fell, then we got a steal

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-27-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I am not sure though, that he is groomed to be our heir. Eli is 32, if he plays 5-6 years, that's 37-38, and Nassib would be 28-29. I don't see that as time to be a starter. I think this is a back up QB job or a stock. Buy low, and sell high later down the road type deal.

I think Eli's true heir is in still in HS playing.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder if we give Sam Montgomery a looksie now. I'm not a big Montgomery fan, but in the 5th round, it wouldn't be a terrible gamble.
He went round 3 to the Texans

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am not sure though, that he is groomed to be our heir. Eli is 32, if he plays 5-6 years, that's 37-38, and Nassib would be 28-29. I don't see that as time to be a starter. I think this is a back up QB job or a stock. Buy low, and sell high later down the road type deal.

I think Eli's true heir is in still in HS playing.
completely agree. Eli has gotten better every year rand has half a decade more of very, very good football. Look at Peyton, Brady, Favre, etc. Qbs play longer than they used to. This is, as you said, a buy low-sell high scenario and worse comes to worst, Nassib is our backup for the rest of his deal.

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-27-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Hopefully, the best case scenerio, is this kid gets good, we trade him like Kolb, Cassell, Matt S. and so on. So the kid gets to play and learns, and we get return on our investment.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
i had never heard of cooper taylor but just read about him- he is a massive dude. 6'4 230 is LB size for a safety. he reminds me of kam chancellor from what i've read about him. I'm glad we took a safety

the fact we have not drafted a LB yet is very interesting. It indicates we feel really good about J Williams, Keith Rivers and potentially Dan Connor starting for us this year with Kiwi possibly rotating in and Herzlich as a backup.
I think Rivers can be great for us if he actually stays healthy. Which is a huge if.

I also think Connor is an upgrade over Blackburn. Won't create the turnovers Blackburn did, but won't be as huge a liability in the run game.

A healthy Jaquian, a healthy Rivers, and Dan Connor is an upgraded LB core. Although, its still a very crappy one in my opinion; it just goes to show how little our staff values LBs which is reasonable in this era of the NFL.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Our LB gets a lot better also because we loaded up at DT and got some DEs. Just by doing that we have got better at the LB because now they can rally and flow to the ball without worrying about opposing OL chipping off and blocking them.

So you can't look at the unit without analyzing the areas that effect their play. That's the DL and we have a lot of fat bodies at DT now.

Kuhn
Austin
Jenkins
Rodgers
LinJo
Hankins
Patterson

That's a lot of fat people now.