Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
if so then fine, but I think he will bolt to Carolina and Dave G their GM will make a pitch for him. Panthers have lifted themselves up. So come to the Panthers and be our missing piece. I can see that kind of pitch being made for him.

I don't expect Nicks back. If he does I would be personally surprised. No more groom for the future nonsense! That idiotic way got us here. None of the back ups panned out and the starters we rode way too long and they are broken. Draft them and play them. We actually need to sac up and hit on our OL players. Stop with the project picks. God I can't stand that philosophy.

Our TEs are way short of solid. One guy barely plays, the other doesn't know what out of bounds is, and the other guy is servicable, but hailed for his versatility and work ethic in Bear P. But as a unit our TE corps is pathetic.
One thing to consider with the Nicks situation is that we will likely have a bit of cap room to work with. It is quite possible to franchise tag him to buy time for negotiations to continue.

I will try and finish my current offseason thinking (with cap numbers) this weekend
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
One thing to consider with the Nicks situation is that we will likely have a bit of cap room to work with. It is quite possible to franchise tag him to buy time for negotiations to continue.

I will try and finish my current offseason thinking (with cap numbers) this weekend
We rarely franchise, but I guess it depends on what we think of him. Not trading him probably had more to do with waiving the white flag and sending the wrong message to the locker room then valuing him.

If we bring him back fine, but this is lack of chemistry. I think after the Duke training camp meeting where Eli and Peyton brought 3 WRs each, Nicks didn't show him for anything because of him trying to not get hurt. Even in training camp, he stayed out for a while recovering slow and playing not to get hurt or re-injure anything.

Well all that has caught up. He has been useless this year. OL is useless, TE corps is useless and our X WR has been useless. Only so many spots can be useless before it effects the whole offensive unit. We are seeing that this year.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We rarely franchise, but I guess it depends on what we think of him. Not trading him probably had more to do with waiving the white flag and sending the wrong message to the locker room then valuing him.

If we bring him back fine, but this is lack of chemistry. I think after the Duke training camp meeting where Eli and Peyton brought 3 WRs each, Nicks didn't show him for anything because of him trying to not get hurt. Even in training camp, he stayed out for a while recovering slow and playing not to get hurt or re-injure anything.

Well all that has caught up. He has been useless this year. OL is useless, TE corps is useless and our X WR has been useless. Only so many spots can be useless before it effects the whole offensive unit. We are seeing that this year.
There is a reason we are giving Nicks a lot more reps than Randle in certain situation. I think the coaching staff do rate Nicks as our best WR.

I think our oline is the major problem, which will be fixed next year.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st - C/G
2nd - DB/DE
3rd - DE/DB
4th - OL/TE
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen any Notre Dame at all this year.

Jug, can you break down Tuitt for us? I keep hearing great things about him but I'm cautious to believe it until I scout him myself bc Notre Dame players are notoriously overhyped.

What's your take on him?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for him against Rutgers.

Also, if we let Nicks walk, and if Kelvin Benjamin falls to us in the 2nd, I want him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When do we play Notre Dame?
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
When do we play Notre Dame?
December 28. We're going to get blown out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

December 28th
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Don't say that!

We probably will, but don't say it!

I gotta DVR that one. It's bowl game time, it's time to whip out the DVR and evaluate players.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team is a mess. It's BS we're keeping Flood as HC. I don't even want to get into it since it pisses me off more than the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hehe nothing pisses me off more than the Giants right now. Stupid team fell off the wagon. Injury prone players galore. Is Webster ever going to come back? IR him. Robinson is in the 7 year medical program so he will be like 35 when he is ready to play. This team gives me agida!

Viva OL or Sammy Watkins.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I just thought of something:

You're the Rams. You have the 2nd pick in the draft. Teddy goes #1 overall so you don't have a qb conundrum. So the clear #2 BPA is Clowney but you already have Long and Quinn and plan on extending Quinn.

Since you're stuck with Bradford for another year you want to build around him. You don't take Jake Matthews bc you just signed Long to a huge deal. But you need playmakers and Sammy Watkins is available.

Now you know you can get Watkins later than the 2nd pick, and you know people will trade up for Clowney.

So if you're the Giants, and you have the 7th pick in the draft, do you give up a 1st and 2nd to move up to get Clowney, knowing the Rams will look to move out of this position?

Last year Oakland shipped the #3 pick for a 1st and 2nd, so what if we can get the same deal to move up for Clowney?

Do you pull the trigger?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I am not sure on Clowney, but the scouts will have a much better take on him. It could be that he is worth trading up, but it would be a big call.

One guy I do like is Auburn OT Greg Robinson. Beatty isn't going anywhere next season due to his guaranteed salary, but drafting a guy like Robinson will put pressure on him to perform.

One LB I can really see as being a good option is Christian Jones. It seems like he could be available for us in the third round. Jones' numbers have been down this year a little, but he has been playing at DE at times to compensate for the loss of Werner and Carradine.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You're the Rams. You have the 2nd pick in the draft. Teddy goes #1 overall so you don't have a qb conundrum. So the clear #2 BPA is Clowney but you already have Long and Quinn and plan on extending Quinn.

Since you're stuck with Bradford for another year you want to build around him. You don't take Jake Matthews bc you just signed Long to a huge deal. But you need playmakers and Sammy Watkins is available.

Now you know you can get Watkins later than the 2nd pick, and you know people will trade up for Clowney.

So if you're the Giants, and you have the 7th pick in the draft, do you give up a 1st and 2nd to move up to get Clowney, knowing the Rams will look to move out of this position?

Last year Oakland shipped the #3 pick for a 1st and 2nd, so what if we can get the same deal to move up for Clowney?

Do you pull the trigger?

No. Giants have too many holes. We need all the players we can get. Should be considering all options to trade back.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:18 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

My current thinking (assuming for the first two days is

(assuming our current picks at 11, 42, 73)

trade back in the first round for an extra 2nd round pick..maybe to a team around #18, #50

18. DE Trent Murphy, Stanford

42. LB Kyle Van Noy, BYU

50. OG David Yankey, Stanford

73. LB Christian Jones, Florida State

Last edited by Big_Pete : 12-29-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Pro Bowler

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do you pull the trigger?
Without question. JPP was special but Clowney is just a once a decade prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
Without question. JPP was special but Clowney is just a once a decade prospect.
Clowney reminds me too much of Randy Moss

If I was seriously considering drafting him, I would do a lot of homework on his attitude and work ethic.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It's a pipedream at this point but I would trade our 1st and 2nd to move up for Clowney.

That won't happen though. Our most realistic option is staying put at 12 and going best available OT in the draft.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Another guy that I'm interested in is Dennard, the CB from Michigan State.

I love his potential. Him and Prince together would make a great CB duo.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:54 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I've been on the Dennard bandwagon for a while now. I'd love the pick
Quote:
Old 01-02-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I've been on the Dennard bandwagon for a while now. I'd love the pick
If we fortify the OL in FA in some capacity I think we should be open to the idea of a guy like Dennard in Round 1.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

sign someone in FA, draft Dennard round one. Go OL rounds 2 and 3. OG's and OC's can be excellent value in those rounds
Quote:
Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
It's a pipedream at this point but I would trade our 1st and 2nd to move up for Clowney.

That won't happen though. Our most realistic option is staying put at 12 and going best available OT in the draft.
If you were the GM and did that they would run you out. A team with many holes and you're trading up for a damn DE?! God no. Just no.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
If you were the GM and did that they would run you out. A team with many holes and you're trading up for a damn DE?! God no. Just no.
You don't make personnel decisions based on what the fans want.

If I get Slauson or Mack or both in FA, and draft OL in round 3, and use rounds 1 and 2 on Clowney I don't see why that would be a terrible idea.

Having that said, it's a pipedream. I know it won't happen.

What Scotty said is more realistic. Get a FA OLmen, draft Dennard in round 1 to plug in a hole at CB, then draft OL in rounds 2 and 3. Guards and Centers are great value in those rounds.