Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jr, Grizz, Kill, ATL, Brodeur. These are the people Rufus named. Jr struck me as suspicious day 1 and Rufus kind of defended him so I could see Jr making that kill. Rufus voted for Grizz but I don't think that tells us much. Rufus went along with Kill to vote for Grizz. Kill is looking suspect to me. ATL was not really brought in any meaningful way by Rufus but he has been quiet.

I would like to hear everyone's feelings on Brodeur before I go.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously if they saw a mafia member/SK target Rufus then by all means I would encourage them to come out. I just don't think it's wise to assume we have another protector/bodyguard out there and even if we do what if the mafia has an unblockable kill or something? At this point I would rather not lose a protector and watcher/investigator on back to back nights. If they can point out a mafia member or the SK with absolute certainty then we would be wise to take the 1 for 1 trade and have them come out, but I'm not going to sit around a wait for info to fall into our laps because I doubt it will this early on.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
My postulation that a no lynch would aid the town being accurate, I think the first place one needs to look is at those who voted otherwise or failed to vote at all.
I disagree with this to a degree. I do think we should look at people who did not vote but not at those who voted for others. I think we should be looking at some of the people that voted no lynch as well. The mafia never likes doing anything that will raise eyebrows. They like to stay low key. Not rustle any jimmies. A no lynch is the perfect way to do this.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Obviously if they saw a mafia member/SK target Rufus then by all means I would encourage them to come out. I just don't think it's wise to assume we have another protector/bodyguard out there and even if we do what if the mafia has an unblockable kill or something? At this point I would rather not lose a protector and watcher/investigator on back to back nights. If they can point out a mafia member or the SK with absolute certainty then we would be wise to take the 1 for 1 trade and have them come out, but I'm not going to sit around a wait for info to fall into our laps because I doubt it will this early on.
I don't think anybody is sitting around. Did you really think I was trying to get power townie roles to reveal when they have no info? That makes no sense at this point.

Since you don't want to wait around who are you suspicious of? Maybe you should take the lead and get things moving or will you just wait until somebody else starts a lynch train and then hop aboard?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel pretty certain that kill/Rufus were just joke voting me because of the whole SK thing but I can't be positive (as they could have legitimately thought I was the SK).

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it's the job of investigators to withhold info. I think it ruins game play, I think it wastes the game modderators time to feed them info and create the role, and I don't think it's their job really to stay alive till the end of the game. I think it's their role to help the town even if it means sacrificing themselves.

In all the games I've been in there has been more than 1 protector. If an investigator comes out now, I would feel confident about him being protected. You just don't want more than 1 investigator coming out because I think it leaves the protectors guessing on who they should protect. ...and heck, if there's only 1 protector left and 2 investigators come out, 1 of them is not being protected.

The only other reason for not coming out as an investigator is if you didn't find anything useful out. Hopefully at least one of them has.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I disagree with this to a degree. I do think we should look at people who did not vote but not at those who voted for others. I think we should be looking at some of the people that voted no lynch as well. The mafia never likes doing anything that will raise eyebrows. They like to stay low key. Not rustle any jimmies. A no lynch is the perfect way to do this.
Yes, but it keeps them from getting a kill. On the reverse side, a no vote would seemingly inflict damage on no one and could easily be dismissed.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think anybody is sitting around. Did you really think I was trying to get power townie roles to reveal when they have no info? That makes no sense at this point.

Since you don't want to wait around who are you suspicious of? Maybe you should take the lead and get things moving or will you just wait until somebody else starts a lynch train and then hop aboard?
Vidae has been fairly quiet so far as a guy who usually leads the discussion in these games.

I didn't like the way Shane called out JR day 1 and tried to get a lynch train going against him. Day 1 lynchings are generally beneficial to the mafia based on the history of these games so that stuck out to me.

Snicho was also against a no lynch.
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Yes, but it keeps them from getting a kill. On the reverse side, a no vote would seemingly inflict damage on no one and could easily be dismissed.
I get that but at this point a no lynch is going to happen. We went from always having a lynch to always having RR because nobody could decide to now always have a no lynch (I imagine it will be like this for at least another few games). If I were in the mafia I would know this and hop aboard the no lynch wagon. I get that no lynch is one less kill for them which is why I have argued for it because it can also lead to a few of them voting to lynch someone day one and in a way outing themselves.
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be a longshot for an Investigator or Watcher to hit on the first day. If they have nothing of value to share with us they should keep quiet. If they do, they can share it today or try to gain more information before they out themselves.

It's a delicate balance and everyone approaches those roles differently, but the last thing we need is for an Investigator or Watcher to die right after we lose a Protector.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Vidae has been fairly quiet so far as a guy who usually leads the discussion in these games.

I didn't like the way Shane called out JR day 1 and tried to get a lynch train going against him. Day 1 lynchings are generally beneficial to the mafia based on the history of these games so that stuck out to me.

Shane and Vidae I would love to hear from. They indeed are usually leaders are far as discussion goes but the day is still young. In any case I think I will take a step back now that I am leaving for work and I will see what others bring to the table.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It would be a longshot for an Investigator or Watcher to hit on the first day. If they have nothing of value to share with us they should keep quiet. If they do, they can share it today or try to gain more information before they out themselves.

It's a delicate balance and everyone approaches those roles differently, but the last thing we need is for an Investigator or Watcher to die right after we lose a Protector.
Do you really think a watcher/protector would be dumb enough to out himself day 2 without any useful info though? I think all that you wrote is fairly obvious. Who are you suspicious of?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jr, Grizz, Kill, ATL, Brodeur. These are the people Rufus named. Jr struck me as suspicious day 1 and Rufus kind of defended him so I could see Jr making that kill. Rufus voted for Grizz but I don't think that tells us much. Rufus went along with Kill to vote for Grizz. Kill is looking suspect to me. ATL was not really brought in any meaningful way by Rufus but he has been quiet.

I would like to hear everyone's feelings on Brodeur before I go.
I got named? When did this happen? I'm pretty sure every time I get named it's because people are making fun of D-Unit's Fatal Attraction obsession with me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd is coming off as not very genuine, to me. Just a thought.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I got named? When did this happen? I'm pretty sure every time I get named it's because people are making fun of D-Unit's Fatal Attraction obsession with me.
It was a joke about you being SK. You were still named though.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you really think a watcher/protector would be dumb enough to out himself day 2 without any useful info though? I think all that you wrote is fairly obvious. Who are you suspicious of?
It's day two. I'm suspicious of everyone. No one is really jumping out to me more than anyone else yet, but it's early still.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of accusations with little evidence right now. No real hard evidence except for what Gonzo laid out and that's not much, but it's the closest thing we have to run off of.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I just got back from giving a presentation at work. Sucks that we lost Joey as a protector is quite an important role and he's my favorite character. No Gonzo, I did not kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this. also I do think we should look at Broth, as well. he jumped right on board that train and unlike Shane changed his vote to no lynch later - could be overthinking, but it seems more like he didn't want his name associated with a vote that wasn't no lynch
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I call out Todd on Day One and then Day Two he defends me? Could this be a move to convince me to take my eye off you?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Ugly Naked Guy.......erm Todd has some pretty sound logic.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Vote: Shane
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Come out and play Shane:

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 07-24-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My poor Rufus. Shot AND stabbed. Not cool. Not ok. Someone will pay for this.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I want to see some movement as well.

RIP TheManInBlack