Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-29-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I didn't have to go to the hospital and drop out when I did, I was actually planning on going after vidae the same night Gonzo did (although I thought he was mafia, not the SK). No idea if people would have went along with it but having two people apply the pressure might have done it. Yea well, town still won anyway, good work everyone!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get why people dislike the Bodyguard role. If I was sure someone was good and it would help the town I'd use that so fast. It sucks dying but you could potentially save someone super important.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't get why people dislike the Bodyguard role. If I was sure someone was good and it would help the town I'd use that so fast. It sucks dying but you could potentially save someone super important.
I agree on that one. I'm rather pissed that D didn't protect fenikz or renji.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit would have died as well as his target if he had targeted anyone...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
See I found it very weird that he had a 2x ability where he would die in someone's place. But I was more sure that you were evil so I had to go with that first.
Well you sniffed it out correctly my good man.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
D-Unit would have died as well as his target if he had targeted anyone...
But he didn't know that. This is the third time I've seen someone be a bodyguard that just outright refused to use it. Job did it in FF and I think Gonzo did it in another game (don't quote me on that), BB has told me he will never use the role again since the first two times he tried, the person who had it refused to ever protect anyone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
But he didn't know that. This is the third time I've seen someone be a bodyguard that just outright refused to use it. Job did it in FF and I think Gonzo did it in another game (don't quote me on that), BB has told me he will never use the role again since the first two times he tried, the person who had it refused to ever protect anyone.
I would simply remove any indication of whether the person would die, and instead of making it shotted, make it to where they have to use it every night.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I would be glad to use it, but only if I was fairly sure it wasn't some evil jerkbag.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I now appreciate the likes of Gonzo and JR who played with balls and actually did something. They might not have been spot on with their accusations in previous games (Gonzo) or even this one, but it’s painful watching the likes of bantx and Snicho do absolutely nothing other than say “yeak ok”. Also, the game suffered from having some of the most active people in evil and SK roles, as they obviously weren't as active as usual.

The Mafia played a very good game. They were organized, knew what they wanted to do and executed it nicely. It would have been a much different game if on the first night vidae and the Mafia didn't target the same people. And then the same happened when they both targeted fenikz.

I don’t really want to give MVP to anyone on the town’s team, but I suppose I’m going to have too. It goes to JR (and Gonzo if he had stayed alive longer). He didn’t have a role, but used being a townie to good effect and overall had a positive outcome on the town’s fortunes. Everyone else that had a role, didn’t really use it well, other than CJ, who get’s credit for targeting Ngata and vidae. On the first two nights, broth targeted JR and Gonzo, which made no sense saying as they had been the two most active, and generally people that are active don’t have important or evil roles. Bulldogs didn’t ever get to say his findings, but it wouldn’t have made much of a difference. A case could be made for GOW as MVP, he used his role quite well, and had the right ideas, but I just think he wasn’t active enough to put his points across.

We have a sharing of the town’s LVP award! It has to go to broth, based on the points above. Bantx, because other than his role I don’t think he did anything, he was unlucky to die, however. And Snicho, who is the one person I would think again about letting him in another one of my games, mainly due to being inactive and not using his townie role to full effect, like Gonzo and JR did.

Finally, vidae did a very good job of snuffing out the Mafia, and could have gotten further had the town lynched BB when he was telling them too. I really liked that move. Again, he got unlucky with the Mafia targeting the same person as him, twice.

I had fun though, and minus a few rookie broth up's I think it went smoothly. I'll definitely try modding again.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 07-29-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I claimed I would never have used it in the hopes the mafia would leave me alone but I died that night which I think was night two it three do I never had the chance to use it really.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. then good job D! MVP!

But I have to LOL at cain for gifting the godfater with a vigilante weapon and the SK with a blocker.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, it was pretty stupid. He said he "couldn't trust anyone", but it was pretty clear that some people were good (broth/fenikz/GOW) and he just refused to protect them.

RIP themaninblack
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Not even a mention for town MVP?! I killed three Mafia!

*throws a table over*

Old 07-29-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you sniffed it out correctly my good man.
See the thing that got me with you was you weren't sure how to bring up the fact that BB was evil.

Right away I assumed that you tried to kill him, didn't...thus GF. It's kind of what I used against Mrs. Grizz in the Old West game when she said she investigated you, yet the other targets of hers died.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One one hand it sucks Grizz wasn't around to back me up about Vidae because I had him dead to rights day two and that lynch would have ended the game a lot sooner but I actually like the way it turned out. Much more entertaining.
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:

*throws a table over*
I think it should go to someone that won. I just gave you a mention, though. :)

RIP themaninblack
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I may be the LVP but I came through when it counted!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

*throws a table over*
Maybe if your win condition was all threats to the town are dead...
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Broth broth'd it up the first few days but he is the reason the town is victorious, so I can't say he was anywhere close to LVP.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I claimed I would never have used it in the hopes the mafia would leave me alone but I died that night which I think was night two it three do I never had the chance to use it really.
Ah ok, I remembered it off-hand and I remember BB going off about how he hates the bodyguard role but that makes sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-29-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Blame BB for him outing me. Bottom line is, after that I wanted to make sure the Mafia didn't win, and I did that. I'm sorry I stabbed you multiple times but it had to be done.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I may be the LVP but I came through when it counted!
You may have ****** up your role but you did come through when it counted. Snicho was way more LVP worthy than you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Don't you read? He changed his win condition. Geez.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I killed Gonzo and prevented the Mafia from winning after BB tried to get cute and outed me. I consider this a victory. ;)

Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Just something that was annoying me: If a Serial Killer is claiming he'll stop killing, please don't listen to him in the future. Serial Killers HAVE to kill every night. Its part of being a serial killer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Brody for MVP?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote