Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who Was the Best Team Last Year?
Packers 41 49.40%
Patriots 4 4.82%
Ravens 3 3.61%
Steelers 0 0%
49ers 7 8.43%
Texans 6 7.23%
Saints 3 3.61%
Giants 17 20.48%
Lions 1 1.20%
Bengals 1 1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
The Packers were the best team in the league.

You see, this is why I hate the argument for a playoff in college football, it diminishes the regular season.

The NFL doesn't crown the best team in the league as their champion, it's a flawed system. The NFL doesn't crown a season champion. They crown a tournament champion.

What you did in the regular season doesn't matter. Everybody who qualifies for the playoffs starts over with a brand new season once the playoffs start. "Getting hot at the right time" is saying nothing more than "An incredibly average football team pulled off a few upsets and can now call themselves superbowl champions".

I'm surprised that you really don't hear more about how flawed the NFL's way of crowning a champion really is. Everyone is too busy complaining about college football and how they decide their champion.

One of these days a bad 7-9 team is going to win a pathetic division again like the Seahawks did a few years ago and go on to pull off a couple of upsets in the playoffs because they "got hot at the right time"... and end up calling themselves superbowl champions. That's when everyone will see how flawed it really is.
We're making the same end point for the purpose of this thread, but other than the first sentence I completely disagree with everything you said.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Call me when a sub .500 team ever wins the SB.
It can happen. Hell, a 9-7 team just did. Same difference really.

The superbowl isn't even designed to get the two best teams in the league playing against each other for the championship. At least college football attempts to achieve that.

The NFL is designed to get the winner from the NFC to play the winner from the AFC in the superbowl. The two best teams in the league could very well be in the same conference... kinda like Bama and LSU were this past season.

It's the divisional alignments that has the NFL screwed up. A team with a losing record has no business getting into the playoffs just because they won the worst division in the league, while a 10-6 team from a much tougher division gets left out. It's a flawed system that has run it's course.

The superbowl was originally intended to get the BEST TEAM from the old AFL to play the BEST TEAM from the NFL. Two seperate leagues entirely.

The current NFL playoff structure is a watered down, outdated version of it's former self that's flawed to pieces. But it's the NFL so nobody bothers to look at it with a critical eye.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
We're making the same end point for the purpose of this thread, but other than the first sentence I completely disagree with everything you said.

Be a little more specific if you don't mind....
Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, will of course seemed biased but I've always felt the best team the previous year was the defending champion.

Now if the question is, who was the best team of the regular season last year? Probably the Packers.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Be a little more specific if you don't mind....
I think the NFL playoffs are perfect. I also think that the Giants are the rightful Champions. My point is that the Champion and best team aren't always the same. And there's nothing wrong with that. You strive to be the Champion, not the best team.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I think the NFL playoffs are perfect. I also think that the Giants are the rightful Champions. My point is that the Champion and best team aren't always the same. And there's nothing wrong with that. You strive to be the Champion, not the best team.

They are the rightful champion going by that system. The point isn't necessarily who the champion is, but more about how they go about determining who the champion is.

I don't necessarily like the idea of crowning a tournament champion as the champion period, because everything in the regular season gets tossed out the window. Everyone is starting over with a brand new season once the playoffs start.

A 16-0 team is in the same boat as an 8-8 or 7-9 team once the playoffs start. I just don't like the concept.

I suppose that I like my champions be required to play like champions all season rather than watching incredibly average football teams pull off one or two upsets in a tournament and call themselves superbowl champions.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Patriots. If one were to ask me who the best team from that season was, I'd say the Patriots.

Same with the 1990 Bills and 1990 Giants. Scott Norwood's missed field goal doesn't mean that the Giants were undoubtedly the better team than the Bills that year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 07-27-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's a **** topic as I said before. I hate the question and the answers. Either side is right on this.
It's a topic that gets people all worked up, which is why it's a fun topic for us, since we don't really give a **** cause the Giants won the superbowl. It's why I love the German National Soccer Team so much, they've been that sports' best troll team, having crafted a remarkably successful legacy denying "Better" teams their titles. That's why my two favorite teams in all of the sports I watch are the Giants and Die Mannschaft.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
They were not better than any of the teams you mentioned besides the Falcons. The Packers came in flat and the Pats didn't execute, and the 9ers (thought you didn't mention them) gave them the game.

They were lucky to make the playoffs let alone win the SB.
They were far better than the Packers in the playoffs. That game wasn't as close as the score indicated. The reasons for that are inconsequential because when the games started to really matter, the giants were the better team.

Same thing for the Pats game, not executing means that in that game they weren't the better team. You can argue that the pats could've executed and in that hypothetical world would've been the better team, but you can't argue that in this world they were the better team because if they had executed they would've won. Execution is a crucial part of the game and failing to execute is what makes teams bad at football.

The giants were lucky that no one eliminated them before they got their **** together, but when it came down to it they won the games they had to win to get into the playoffs and clearly out played 2 of the 4 teams they beat, outplaying the third and getting lucky against the 4th team who was managing to match them.

Quote:
What you did in the regular season doesn't matter. Everybody who qualifies for the playoffs starts over with a brand new season once the playoffs start.
I'm glad we agree on the principles of american football and one of the many things that separate it from the rest of the world's football.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-27-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this is the stupidest topic.
were they the best REGULAR SEASON team? **** no. But that's not the question meow, is it?
I think it's a fair question to ask which team was better in both "seasons" of the game.

Quote:
The NFL doesn't crown the best team in the league as their champion, it's a flawed system. The NFL doesn't crown a season champion. They crown a tournament champion.

While you are basically right about it, pretending that other methods of crowning a champion are any less flawed is equally annoying. No method of crowning a champion is anything more than a set of rules to play under.

One might be called a "tournament champion" while another might be called the "regular season champion". I've seen "round robin" tournaments run where people who had abysmal records stuck around until the final cut was made and were crowned champion of the tournament (there was no single elimination tournament afterwards). Did anyone there that day think that person was the best? Not really. Does it matter? Nope.

Everyone's goal is to win the Super Bowl. It doesn't mean we as fans can't argue which team should have won it.

Obviously, as a Patriots fan... I'd like to see what NE would have done with a totally healthy Gronkowski (lol... Gronk would have Gronk'd them), but that doesn't mean I think NE was the best team last season.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:24 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with JHL6719 but there really is no other way to handle it. It's essentially college basketball where it's one and done.

the NBA, MLB and NHL make more sense because having the teams play a best out of 7 eliminates the chance of a surprise team catching a few breaks or getting a few lucky bounces on their way to the championship.

For example, college basketball has wayyyy too many "cinderella" teams.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Pat got flat out beat. Tom Brady better watch out he's gonna come home one day and find Eli raw dawging Giselle. Eli owns Tom Terrific. Might as well take his woman too.
Peyton Manning should keep his wife on guard because Philip Rivers owns Peyton.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to go with the Texans. If not for the injuries they would've probably won the SB last year. Even with the injuries their defense was fantastic and they offense near unstoppable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I had to go with the Texans. If not for the injuries they would've probably won the SB last year. Even with the injuries their defense was fantastic and they offense near unstoppable.
I went with the Packers despite that pathetic excuse of a game against the Giants in the playoffs. They were killing it for most of the year and certainly looked to repeat another Sb appearance. But if the Texans had shaub I could agree with this somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I went with the Packers despite that pathetic excuse of a game against the Giants in the playoffs. They were killing it for most of the year and certainly looked to repeat another Sb appearance. But if the Texans had shaub I could agree with this somewhat.
I also want to see how the Texans do. I think they could have done better with their QB if he didn't get hurt. This season will be interesting to see them and how they do.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants whipped the Packers. The Packers had an incredible offense but that defense wasn't Super Bowl caliber despite the turnovers. Not even close. And that Packer offense got some big breaks who they played and when (4 teams without top pass rusher, 4 different teams missing top CB). An injured Detroit secondary twice, Rams(instead of 49ers as the West opponent), San Diego missing thier top pass rusher and second corner, Denver missing Champ Bailey, Vikings missing Cook twice, Giants missing Osi(2 sacks in the playoff game). Chicago twice(who did not bring their A game and missed Cutler/Forte once) and Atlanta(minus Jon Abraham who didn't play) did not bring their A game in the second half. Green Bay won the shootout against the Saints with good redzone defense and an early fumble Week 1 getting to play them in Lambeau which is completely different than the Super Dome like Detroit and Chicago had to endure.

Green Bay is a very good team but they will not be a 15-1 club and they will be challenged for the division by 2 other teams. Detroit healthier twice, Chicago's a better team and will give them two tough games, San Fran, Giants in New York obviously,Houston are going to really test that Packer offense. Seattle secondary could as well in Seattle. And another shootout in Lambeau against the Saints. If the Packers only lose 1-2 games out of that gauntlet, I'll bow down to them but right now the Giants are the best for smoking the Packers/Falcons in the playoffs, beating San Fran in a tight game on the road and beating the Pats in the biggest game of the year.

Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew : 07-27-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah, I was in a hurry when I wrote that. But what I said was under the assumption that Shaub stayed healthy. The Texans really had some bad luck last year. If not for the injuries I'm pretty sure they would've won.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if it wasn't for our injuries we probably would have had a better regular season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm part of the last man standing crowd. To me the best team is the one who wins the SB.

The Giants this year, the Packers last year, the Saints the year before.

If you're the best team you prove it in the playoffs, where there's no tomorrow.

*shrug* It's up for debate, I can see both sides, but to me its simple, the champ is the best.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't know if it wasn't for our injuries we probably would have had a better regular season.
This is the one fact most football fans fail to see, the number of key injured players the Giants not only overcame but still had enough juice to win it all.

I know most SKins fans will admit(in private!!lol) one of the main reasons we won that first contest against NY is because they had like 5-7 key players out with injuries.

Were the Giants ever really at full strength all season???
Add to the fact they had absolutely no threat in the run game and their 2011 SB is even more impressive.

All this talk that the best team has the best record during the regular season is pure B.S.

Most teams don't even make the playoffs with the amount of injuries NY had.

If David Wilson has a borderline OROTY type season, the Giants could be even more dangerous in 2012.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the one fact most football fans fail to see, the number of key injured players the Giants not only overcame but still had enough juice to win it all.

I know most SKins fans will admit(in private!!lol) one of the main reasons we won that first contest against NY is because they had like 5-7 key players out with injuries.

Were the Giants ever really at full strength all season???
Add to the fact they had absolutely no threat in the run game and their 2011 SB is even more impressive.

All this talk that the best team has the best record during the regular season is pure B.S.

Most teams don't even make the playoffs with the amount of injuries NY had.

If David Wilson has a borderline OROTY type season, the Giants could be even more dangerous in 2012.
The Super Bowl was the first game where everyone was available to us who on the 53 man. We still had multiple players on IR though.

We really owe the Redskins though. If you didn't beat our ass at home we wouldn't have went on that run. The team needed a message and the Redskins presented it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm part of the last man standing crowd. To me the best team is the one who wins the SB.

The Giants this year, the Packers last year, the Saints the year before.

If you're the best team you prove it in the playoffs, where there's no tomorrow.

*shrug* It's up for debate, I can see both sides, but to me its simple, the champ is the best.
While I agree with everything you said I still disagree. Some years the team that wins the SB is the best team, but it's far from every year that is the case. Let's not forget that the Giants almost didn't make the PO. The Giants were by no means the best team last year. They are build so that they match up extremely well with teams like for example NE (not intentionally of course) and thus I will forever bet on the Giants beating the Patriots as long as the Pats doesn't improve on defense. Lots of teams could've and probably would've blown the Giants off the field that day in february. I dubbed the Giants as the most dangerous team going into the PO, but the best? No way. The were hot, and that's what matters in january and february. The defense was finally coming together and the offense got lucky on a number of occasions. That has nothing to do with being a great team, it's just pure coincidence. Even without the injuries I highly doubt that team would've been much more than a roadbump to a healthy Texans team. That's just my opinion though..

Quote:
Old 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans?

Matt Schaub hasn't proven a thing. I think it's a bit premature to assume the Texans would be in the SB.

And what teams would exactly "blow the Giants off the field" that we didn't play?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only team I was scared of facing those playoffs were the Saints. I think if we played them in their dome for the NFCCG they would have smoked us honestly. But thankfully San Fran took care of them for us! :)

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Texans?

Matt Schaub hasn't proven a thing. I think it's a bit premature to assume the Texans would be in the SB.

And what teams would exactly "blow the Giants off the field" that we didn't play?
We murdered the Texans when we played them last in 2010 in Texas. It was 34-10 and we held Foster to 11 rushes for 25 yards. They got better and so did we. I think it will be a good game, and who knows it could, like all NFL games, could go either way. But as for being a road bump, come on now. Only team who can beat us like a drum are the Saints. That damn team in their dome scares me! LOL. No more Saints! Damn team runs us over, and then reverses and runs us over again.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote