Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips compares JJ Watt to Howie Long and says he is HoF bound.
FINALLY someone else who loves him as much as me.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't disagree with him. I love me some Watt. I think he's gonna be a beast.

I was relieved when the Cowboys passed up on him. The thought of Watt and Ware on the same side of the line rushing the passer scared me.

Watt fits the 3-4 perfectly. I don't know how effective he'd be as a 4-3 DT, but he built to play 3-4.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be perfect in any defense.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Wade Phillips compares JJ Watt to Howie Long and says he is HoF bound.
FINALLY someone else who loves him as much as me.
Finally? You know I had your back on all matters related to Mr. Justin James Watt.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This just in: Blaine Gabbert still sucks.

I wonder if he starts this year.
If only there were a public forum where, before he was drafted, a whole bunch of nerds pointed out that his accuracy sucks and his pocket presence is non-existent.

Last edited by WCH : 08-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Finally? You know I had your back on all matters related to Mr. Justin James Watt.
I know
I should have specified "someone in the NFL"

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two most interesting QB battles for me, Jake Locker vs Matt Hasselbeck for the Titans and Russell Wilson vs. Matt Flynn for the Seahawks. All sorts of Seattle roots in those two battles.

My guess is it will be Locker and Flynn coming out of those two contests.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Locker/Hasselbeck is interesting. I think with Hasselbeck, the Titans are going to go roughly .500 again, with a lower ceiling and higher floor.

With Locker, if they let him take his lumps, could potentially have a higher ceiling but lower floor. But they'd get a guy with franchise tools his first real starting experience.

I'd personally go with Locker the whole year, let him ride out any struggles, and be better off for it down the line.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Locker/Hasselbeck is interesting. I think with Hasselbeck, the Titans are going to go roughly .500 again, with a lower ceiling and higher floor.

With Locker, if they let him take his lumps, could potentially have a higher ceiling but lower floor. But they'd get a guy with franchise tools his first real starting experience.

I'd personally go with Locker the whole year, let him ride out any struggles, and be better off for it down the line.
I think they got to go with Locker. Having a QB sit for more than 1 year is too much imo. With CJ, Wright, a good line and Britt(for part of the year at least) the Titans have done enough to set up Locker for success at this point.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...olding-breath/

Dwayne Brown injures his ankle. He walked off under his own power but was later carted away.

That would be a crushing blow for the Texans to lose him for any length of time. They had the best o-line in football last year imo and he may have been the best part. With Winston gone, and now possibly Brown for at least a while, that suddenly looks like a weak area.

And Brown was so beastly last year.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
He would be perfect in any defense.
He would be effective in any defense but 5-Tech, especially Wade's more 1-gap style fits him like a glove. Scary how good he's gonna be in a another year or two. I think Cam Jordan could have had a similar impact if he landed in a 3-4. Had Jordan rated just slighty ahead of Watt as 5-Tech. But I loved them both, no ****.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Add Peter King to the list of believers after the Sports Illustrated reporter took in a recent Niners practice.

"When I saw Randy Moss come off the line of scrimmage and fake Perrish Cox so severely that Cox slipped and Randy Moss ran across the middle and caught a beautiful crossing throw," King told NFL Network's Rich Eisen on Tuesday. "And then ran a 9-route, you know, the long deep ball down the sideline, and beat Carlos Rodgers, who had an excellent year last year."

"Randy Moss absolutely has something left. If he stays healthy, five weeks from now I think you're going to see Randy Moss as a contributing player on a playoff offense."
King has been a d-bag in recent years on most things Niner related so I was surprised to see him give such a glowing review of us in his SI blog.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
He would be effective in any defense but 5-Tech, especially Wade's more 1-gap style fits him like a glove. Scary how good he's gonna be in a another year or two. I think Cam Jordan could have had a similar impact if he landed in a 3-4. Had Jordan rated just slighty ahead of Watt as 5-Tech. But I loved them both, no ****.
I liked Jordan more as a base left end who can slide inside depending on the situation more than a full on 5 tech. As far as 5 tech prospects go I don't remember a better one than Watt

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
King has been a d-bag in recent years on most things Niner related so I was surprised to see him give such a glowing review of us in his SI blog.
Don't get excited. King likes players who make for a decent redemption/comeback story. I'm not betting against Moss -- I think he'll be good -- but Peter King is doing what he does.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Don't get excited. King likes players who make for a decent redemption/comeback story. I'm not betting against Moss -- I think he'll be good -- but Peter King is doing what he does.
I agree about King - he is a journalist so he is looking for angles all the time. With that said I hope Moss has a comeback year and makes an impact.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dwayne Brown injures his ankle. He walked off under his own power but was later carted away.

That would be a crushing blow for the Texans to lose him for any length of time. They had the best o-line in football last year imo and he may have been the best part. With Winston gone, and now possibly Brown for at least a while, that suddenly looks like a weak area.

I would just bit the bullet and tried to retain Brisiel and Winston. I'm surprised they lost both of them, and now Brown might be out for a while. That's three good starters on arguably the best offensive line in football last season. Especially if your quarterback has had injury problems in the past and you run a specific zone blocking scheme.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Well, they CUT Winston. Supposedly failed a physical or some such nonsense...which is BS because he signed with the Chiefs pretty might right away and figures to be the starter.

Kubiak is trying to be late 90s Shanahan I guess. Cycle the o-line with mostly cast offs and late rounders while running the ZBS. He had a good group, but now that they could be down to reserve tackles on both sides....not good.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I liked Jordan more as a base left end who can slide inside depending on the situation more than a full on 5 tech. As far as 5 tech prospects go I don't remember a better one than Watt
I still like him more as a 5-Tech. Watt was more stout as a anchor and stronger at the POA but I thought Jordan's athleticism gave him a slightly higher ceiling and could help compensate while he improved his strength and technique. And I think in Wade's scheme it would have been even less of an issue, as Wade allows his ends to penatrate and get upfield more than most 3-4 DCs in base sets.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's been good to see him playing so well, I questioned that pick at the time. Though not so positive he's an excellent player in any scheme but for what they do he's a perfect fit. Was then and it's evident now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's been good to see him playing so well, I questioned that pick at the time. Though not so positive he's an excellent player in any scheme but for what they do he's a perfect fit. Was then and it's evident now.
The crazy thing is that he bulked up to 320 while staying that athletic. I remember a couple of times last year where he'd tear off down the field to pancake safeties. Throw in the 2.5 sacks allowed (though I'm always suspicious of stats like that since it can be a little subjective) and he may have been the best all around LT in the league last year.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams OT's Saffold and Smith trying to block DE's Long and Quinn is getting ugly. Don't know if Quinn and Long are that good or if Saffold and Smith are that bad. Hopefully the first part. Either way, it should only help Smith and Saffold having to block those 2 every day.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your OTs are just that bad. Smith is a certified bust at this point, and Saffold is very bleh.

I loved both Quinn and Long coming out, but neither are Reggie White, so if both are playing like it it's probably bc your OTs suck.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably a lot of both though. Quinn & Long will be 1 of the best bookend DE's in the league this year, I think Quinn is ready to bust out with how he finished the season. Also sucks that STL keeps trying to find Tackles and failing miserably everytime.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's probably a lot of both though. Quinn & Long will be 1 of the best bookend DE's in the league this year, I think Quinn is ready to bust out with how he finished the season. Also sucks that STL keeps trying to find Tackles and failing miserably everytime.
I could see 25+ sacks between the two of 'em.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't disagree with him. I love me some Watt. I think he's gonna be a beast.

I was relieved when the Cowboys passed up on him. The thought of Watt and Ware on the same side of the line rushing the passer scared me.

Watt fits the 3-4 perfectly. I don't know how effective he'd be as a 4-3 DT, but he built to play 3-4.

You do realize who we took instead of Watt right? I love me some JJ Watt, but I'd take Tyron Smith over him 100 times out of 100. He's 21 and one of the best young Tackles in the game, his feet and athleticism are scary good. We had to protect Romo, and considering we have to play you guys, Watt would have done us no good for making sure our QB was in 1 piece.

Quote: