Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a transcript on Smith yesterday from Mike Franke:

Jason Smith held his own against Chris Long, which I was not expecting. Pretty much held him to draws 1-on-1, though Long was able to generate good bull rush on him at times. Smith also won his matchups with William Hayes and comes away as one of the positive surprises of the day.

Hopefully new Rams o-line Boudreaux will straighten Smith out.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Darn....you were only 20 some picks away too. They totally stole him from you.
Once he ran a 4.5, I knew we had no chance of drafting him.

I was actually hoping he'd run a bad time, like a 4.8 so we could steal him at the end of the round but once he ran 4.5 I mentally moved on. I knew the dream was over.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Once he ran a 4.5, I knew we had no chance of drafting him.

I was actually hoping he'd run a bad time, like a 4.8 so we could steal him at the end of the round but once he ran 4.5 I mentally moved on. I knew the dream was over.
Well last year I wanted us to trade up for Von Miller and we ended up having Jacquain Williams break out. This year I wanted us to trade up for Kuechly and it's looking like Herzlich is ready to break out, so there's hope!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yaaaaaaaaa....Williams is never gonna be a quarter hte player Von Miller is....or Herzlich a quarter the player Kuechly is.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
yaaaaaaaaa....Williams is never gonna be a quarter hte player Von Miller is....or Herzlich a quarter the player Kuechly is.
No ****, you're talking about my two favorite LB prospects since Willis and Hawk, but Jacquian is a very similar style of player to Miller who still made a good impact in that role, and if Herz is truly back to where he was, he can do a similar job of stepping in as a poor man's Luke Kuechly.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They both can still be very good though, so I'm not complaining. Don't sleep on Williams, he has a ton of potential. I'm actually very excited about him.

Herzlich, I don't want to let myself down there. Let's see if the training camp reports are true or not.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...0-yard-season/

Benson seems to think he can rush for another 1000 yard season in Green Bay.

One, over the last 3 years, his rushing total has dropped every season. He averaged under 4.0 ypc the last two years. And he's in Green Bay where he's going to have carries taken by other backs. AND he'll be taken off the field more anyway because he can't block or catch worth a damn.

I still don't fully understand the move from Green Bay's perspective. There are other backs available who would be better fits.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Under the Substance Abuse policy, yes. But not under the PEDs policy, which is what guys testing positive for Adderall are being disciplined under. (It can be used as a masking agent.)
Regardless, they have to be educated on this at some point. I would be shocked if they couldn't get a prescription for Adderall from a team doctor. How ******* hard could that be?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Regardless, they have to be educated on this at some point. I would be shocked if they couldn't get a prescription for Adderall from a team doctor. How ******* hard could that be?
Apparently, quite hard. Or players are dumber than I give them credit for.

I also wonder if this is the first year they've been testing for that since I can't recall ever hearing of players test positive for Adderall prior to this year.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe some new testing rules kicked with the new CBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also wonder if this is the first year they've been testing for that since I can't recall ever hearing of players test positive for Adderall prior to this year.
Again, they would have to inform the players they were testing for that. And, thus, they would be educated about it. I swear to science, they can learn a playbook thicker than Rex Ryan's neck but can't use their ******* brains when taking Rx drugs.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...0-yard-season/

Benson seems to think he can rush for another 1000 yard season in Green Bay.

One, over the last 3 years, his rushing total has dropped every season. He averaged under 4.0 ypc the last two years. And he's in Green Bay where he's going to have carries taken by other backs. AND he'll be taken off the field more anyway because he can't block or catch worth a damn.

I still don't fully understand the move from Green Bay's perspective. There are other backs available who would be better fits.
Yeah, I don't really understand the move. I've read that their RBs are lazy and they're trying to light a fire under their asses, but that's just hearsay.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite depth players, Spencer Johnson, has been awesome rotating in with our big guns on the line. Really like him for that role and should be the only guy feeling comfortable as a depth DT.

Tashard Choice's complete lack of vision astounds me. How did he get so bad?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
When was he good?

Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently, quite hard. Or players are dumber than I give them credit for.

Garrett Hartley was suspended for adderall a few years ago if I remember correctly.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When was he good?
He was just a guy. I don't know what he is now, but it's about 14 notches below that.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-of-injuries/

Giants: Studly deep at DE, nothing at DT.

Shaun Rogers is being treated for a blood clot in his leg which can't be good. And Marvin Austin is undergoing unspecified back surgery, which I'm sure isn't good.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans are super deep at DT and have nothing at DE! lets make a deal plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...h-of-injuries/

Giants: Studly deep at DE, nothing at DT.

Shaun Rogers is being treated for a blood clot in his leg which can't be good. And Marvin Austin is undergoing unspecified back surgery, which I'm sure isn't good.
Martin Parker is having the back surgery right now not Marvin Austin. We don't know what Austin's specific back problem is yet.

Rogers is probably done for the year and Canty will most likely begin the year on PUP missing games.

So basically we have Linval Joseph and not much else at this current time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling the Giants are gonna wear out Tuck by playing him too much at DT this year.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post

Quote:
When was he good?
Come on man, give the dude some credit. He was a really sound RB as a rookie who carried the load numerous games vs top 10 defenses and did everything you could ask for. Blocked, ran hard, caught the ball out of the backfield, short yardage runner, he was about as complete as you could get and 1 of his strengths was his vision. He was never a pro bowl talent but he was really good, check his December run as a rookie vs 4 or 5 D's all ranked in the top 10 and look at his overall numbers without sharing the load with anyone.

His detoriating skills are just one of those things that have always baffled me. He got soft, tentative, doesn't run with authority, can't hold onto the football, terrible vision, he is pretty much terrible in every aspect involved of being a RB. I wasn't expecting him to sign a huge contract, and he was an old rookie, but all I can think of is he just quit caring, working out, because it shows.

He was highly impressive as a rookie in all facets, if you watch film of him then and compare it to now he looks like he's aged 12 years between then. He should be out of the NFL now honestly but his start to his career is still buying him chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-for-opener/

Dammit. I see this as being one of those things that lingers.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

choices first start came against the steelers, they were like record setting good against the run that year and he made me a believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shame to hear about Shaun Rogers. I thought New York could be a great place for him in the twilight of his career. Even if he was just a space-eater with a little interior push. That still would’ve been useful depth between those ends. Wouldn’t surprise me if this was the end of Rogers. Given their thinning situation at defensive tackle, it makes sense for the Giants to bring new bodies into camp for some run. I suppose it’s possible to take a flier on an over-the-hill veteran like Tommie Harris, Albert Haynesworth, or John Henderson, but I certainly wouldn’t count on those guys for very much production, if any at all. Perhaps bring back Fred Robbins? Not a whole lot of options floating around right now. Might be a few more after the first roster cut-down. Until then, it’s just groom whatever is in-house and experiment with shuffling some inside snaps to the ends when possible.

It seems that the Giants have a knack for piling up injuries at a specific position though. Last season it was corner. This preseason it is defensive tackle.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Norman had 4 INTs and multiple pass deflections yesterday. I think he has more interceptions than practices. He could be a spark plug for the defense that had few playmakers.

Hopefully Joe Adams can do the same for special teams, he had a nice return vs the Texans. Lite version of the UT game.

Amini Silatolu is going to be a beast. Small school prospect. I think he majored in pancakes. He is probably the most untalked about rookie but he could make the biggest impact.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote