Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
He's really not that good at it...People see this huge runner and think he must be great at it, but he's really average at best.

And don't even get me started on him running draw plays...
I don't think he will see the field much, to be honest. Hunter is going to be the first to go in if Gore comes out (as rare as that is) and Jacobs is still a better short yardage option than Dixon, if Gore doesn't stay in.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stolen from Reddit:
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Saints cut Ivory and Redman/Dwyer are out for an extended amount of time, I wouldn't mind him for the first half of the season.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't think he will see the field much, to be honest. Hunter is going to be the first to go in if Gore comes out (as rare as that is) and Jacobs is still a better short yardage option than Dixon, if Gore doesn't stay in.
What role is Lamichael James likely to have, not sure if they have talked about that at all yet...I can't figure out if he was drafted to just be a 3rd down back, or part of a future RBBC with Hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Lamichael in a Sproles type role. Playing a lot of slot and 3rd down responsibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What role is Lamichael James likely to have, not sure if they have talked about that at all yet...I can't figure out if he was drafted to just be a 3rd down back, or part of a future RBBC with Hunter.
Gadget plays and kick returns seem to be what his main purpose will be this year. I imagine that the goal is to have Hunter be the #1 with LaMike as #2 when Gore is done.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's still mindboggling to me that FF has changed so much with the league moving to pass happy offensive schemes (and favorable rules changes.) A handfull of RBs are worth drafting early and then it's all about WRs and QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
If the Saints cut Ivory and Redman/Dwyer are out for an extended amount of time, I wouldn't mind him for the first half of the season.
No, thank you. I drafted Ivory in a dynasty league expecting him to be hitting the road next season and choosing a team. He better not get traded to that mess in Pitt, especially since that's one of my teams with Dwyer. I guess he'd still be in line for FA next year, though, so not a total loss. Still, no thanks.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not the thread you are looking for.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing is LMJ and Hunter are similar in physical stature but their running styles compliment each other very well. Hunter excels at running outside the tackles while LMJ is a better guy between the tackles than most realize. And both can be used on 3rd down eventually, though right now LMJ is struggling with his blocking, which should be expected. So until that improves, you won't see him much on 3rd downs. But they should be virtually interchangeable in a year or two, but still being able coexist as a tandem on gamedays.

We draft a physical, bruising type and the RB corps is set for years. And we have back on IR in Jewel Hampton who reminds me a lot of Gore...same medical red flags before the draft and everything. Hopefully he can get his knees healthy and stick around. I think he has a lot of promise.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 08-15-2012 at 11:07 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
redman is hurt, dwyer hurt, mendenhall on pup...that gives us Rainey and Baron Batch as our only healthy RBs. Redman sucks to begin with, i wish they would have signed benson.

I think the only guys out there would be ryan grant and jeff demps that would be worth a look right now, i wouldnt think the niners would be able to keep gore, jacobs, dixon, hunter, and james so maybe we can snag one of them up
Dixon is going to get work when he's released. Just a matter of where but I see him staying in the division honestly. I think he has a ton of potential, just hasn't been able to hit the hole hard and fast consistently enough. Dances a too much at times. Has has wiggle for a guy his size but he had yet to learn when its necessary to display it.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think MJD might be traded? I know its crazy but if he doesn't get paid would he ask for trade?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Anyone think MJD might be traded? I know its crazy but if he doesn't get paid would he ask for trade?
Jets need to get on this.

If I were the Jets I'd also take DWill's bad contract.

And if that fails, offer NO a 7th for Ivory (or wait til he's cut).
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers are currently stacked at RB. Gore & Hunter are a great 1/2, Jacobs is hungry and actually trying, and James will get some catches and do KR. Don't really see how Dixon fits at all anymore. Jacobs just fills that small short yardage role better than him.

I like LaMichael James on the roster, but I still hate where they drafted him at.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-clint-sintim/

In a completely unsurprising move, the Giants have cut former 2nd rounder Clint Sintim.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In a completely unsurprising move, the Giants have cut former 2nd rounder Clint Sintim.
Never was a fan of drafting a 34 player on a 43 team. Injuries help compound the fact he never saw the field. Thank god we turned the page.

Also, Jacobs is not a short yardage back. I hated when we used him for that role! Remind me how Jim F. kept using Ron Dayne. I liked Jacobs regularly used not for short yardage. I actually liked Bradshaw for that because he could create something out of nothing. Also, saw the 9ers pre season game replayed on the NFL network. Jacobs had some nice runs with some big running lanes to run through. If he keeps that up with that run blocking he will really do well there.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 08-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Feel free to sign with the 49ers Clint. Compete with the million fringe guys they have competing for OLB depth behind Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, and Parys Haralson.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Witten injury is sounding worse and worse. Three weeks with absolutely no physical contact of any kind. That puts him on the edge of the regular season.

I bet he misses the opener at the very least. It's a Thursday night against the Giants...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was a big fan of his coming out but he was such a miscast in a 4-3. I really think he could have been a successful player had he been drafted as a 34 OLB. Hopefully he can land in the right situation and salvage his career to an extent.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This Witten injury is sounding worse and worse. Three weeks with absolutely no physical contact of any kind. That puts him on the edge of the regular season.

I bet he misses the opener at the very least. It's a Thursday night against the Giants...
Wednesday night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wednesday night.
Even worse.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even worse.
Better for me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...harrells-pain/

The Packers and everyone associated with them are deluded. It'd be one thing if Graham Harrell had great tools but was just really raw. But he doesn't...he's just not an NFL caliber QB. Starter, backup, 3rd stringer...shouldn't be there.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope that they're just blowing smoke until McCoy or Moore/Garrard become available. I'd even settle for T-Jack. Or almost anybody else who belongs in the NFL.

If Harrell ever has to play in a real game, he might manage a negative QB rating.

Last edited by WCH : 08-17-2012 at 09:32 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I was a big fan of his coming out but he was such a miscast in a 4-3. I really think he could have been a successful player had he been drafted as a 34 OLB. Hopefully he can land in the right situation and salvage his career to an extent.
I've absolutely always felt this way. Hated that he went to a 4-3 team, and was in love with his tools and versatility. Too bad injuries wrecked him because he still would have been solid for the Giants. But a 3-4 would have utilized his tools and athleticism much better.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Steelers or Lions would love this idea but it won't happen.

Quote: