Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tomlin to Chris Rainey the other day. He's so funny:

Quote:
Well, if sharp needling means love, the coaches apparently still carry those feelings about Rainey. Just the other day, at the start of the first full-contact practice of the season, the horn blew, players began running to their individual stations, and Tomlin shouted, “OK, 22, time to die!”

Of course, that’s the text message Rainey, number 22, had sent to a girlfriend to break up with her in college. It led to criminal charges – and a year’s worth of verbal abuse from Tomlin and the rest of the Steelers.

“I hear it every day, about five times a day,” Rainey said as he smiled and shook his head. “It’s all good. I made a bad mistake in the past but I moved on. It’s funny now. I’m glad I’m here.”
Old 07-30-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I know the division pretty well, and when I make my wagers I won't make them with Seahawks-colored goggles.

The cold hard truth is that Flynn will be making his THIRD career start when he starts in Week One. It's just hard to back a QB with such little experience, on a new team with so many questions at receiver and OL. Even if Flynn becomes a good one, it might take a year or two... it's scary.

The 49ers have an excellent program because of their head coach, and their talent level on defense is undeniable. All Alex Smith has to be is average for them to win 10+ games. I hate them, but I believe in the program Harbaugh has established. They're going to be tough for a long time.

Arizona is sketchy to me because they have a really good defense and the best offensive player in the division. Unfortunately for them, Kolb is the QB and their OL still sucks. They feel 7-9ish again because of those concerns. I think Ryan Williams has a big year but Kolb's just too inconsistent for me so I'm not expecting a breakout.

I will call for the Rams to be a big-time sleeper this year. They have a good defense, should be able to run the ball, and I expect to see better OL play and an improved Bradford as a result. Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach, and his impact should be felt immediately. Their potential last year showed in that win against the Saints. Fisher will get the best out of them. They'll be tougher mentally and physically and I like their young DL. They also boast one of the top CB duos in the league.

So there you go, a Seahawks fan calling for a breakout year from the freaking Rams, tempering expectations (I just think it's unrealistic to think a new QB is going to step in and make this team THAT much better RIGHT AWAY), and acknowledging that the 49ers will remain legitimate contenders, despite a lot of people forecasting a drop-off.

Still early, but my picks will likely look something like this:

49ers 11-5
Rams 9-7
Seahawks 6-10
Cardinals 6-10
Predictions are fluid. But i don't like the Cardinals very much. Here's my prediction as of today

49ers- 11-5
Seahawks- 9-7
Rams- 7-9
Cardinals- 6-10
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im hoping for 11-5 but I think 10-6 is still a good season and more reasonable considering the schedule. Our schedule is brutal and our conference has improved across the board(well maybe not the Cards). Ten wins should get us into the playoffs and that's all that really matters to me.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this happened at the Jets training camp...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's also getting booed already. His act won't fly as well in NY without success like it did in Denver.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-sound-good/

Giants CBs suffering knee injuries...what can be done?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosley is fine, he just needed stitches. It doesn't sound good for Thomas though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn losing Thomas for the season and Ross being gone is gonna hurt. Prince is gonna need to step it up in a major way.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for Prince to step up.

Ditto for Hosely.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosley sucks. A rare miss by Jerry Reese.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The comment there about resigning Deon Grant is probably spot on too.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Hosley sucks. A rare miss by Jerry Reese.
I think he's raw. The tools are there. But he gives up too much space in off coverage, lacks experience in press man (he can be great at it though, very long arms and he has speed, ball skills, and flexibility), and he sucks at tackling.

He's not ready for a starting position, which sucks. I wanted to bring him a long slowly. But now we just have to hope he picks it up quickly.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We have enough CB depth this year where losing Thomas might not be a killer. Prince needs to do his thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I honestly wouldn't be shocked if all 4 teams have a shot at the division. I really wouldn't.

St. Louis has the best qb, whom I'm a believer of, who will get Amendola back, has some WRs who are unproven but better than what he has had in the past, a potentially dangerous DL, solid CBs, a solid LB core, great run game. It will come down to how Bradford clicks with that WR core, how the OL holds up, and ultimately how Bradford plays.

Arizona has a tough defense, good WRs, but they lack a run game, OL, and qb. If they can get production there they could be in it.

Seattle is pretty much loaded outside of qb and OL.

These teams have talent. A lot more talent than they're getting credit for.

I have a hard time finding that you believe this. Arizona & St Louis did not get that much better in 1 off-season. They are nowhere near contending for this division and I don't think it's even close. Unless Brian Quick has an Anquan Boldin type of rookie season their just not that good.

Seattle maybe, but that's if you want to put that much faith into a QB who has had what, 2 career starts up to this point. It's at least plausible he could come in and tear up the league, but the fact that Tavaris Jackson opened up as the starting QB in Training Camp tells me all I need to know about that situation.

I really don't even see what the debate would be about. SF has a ridiculous defense, that returned every single starter to my knowledge. The weakness of that team is adding Randy Moss(I'll admit don't know which one, but he's still an upgrade), Mario Manningham, AJ Jenkins, and Lamichael James.

You'd seriously need everything to go right in the world for any of those other 3 teams to win the division, and everything to go wrong for SF. Unless they are forced to start Kaepernick all season long it's 1 of the few locks this season they win the division. It may not be a run away, and they may not even win a playoff game, but you'd have to project a million things to go right for any of those other teams for that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our OL dominated the DL for the most part in Oklahoma Drills.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...5-e6d284f9ff6e

First on the video, Andre smashes Dunlap.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Cue the 49ers fans throwing a ***** fit in 5… 4… 3… 2…

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
People hyping up the Seahawks? Cue the 49ers fans throwing a ***** fit in 5 4 3 2
Shut up Thumper.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And @Redskins announce for #NYG LB Jonathan Goff has re-torn his ACL and he is out for the season. -- Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton)

Damn ACLs!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from a Chiefs practice in St. Joe and I met Clark Hunt! Boom!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Just got back from a Chiefs practice in St. Joe and I met Clark Hunt! Boom!
You could give some reports to how things went, Mikey. How did Berry and Charles look with their ACLs no longer dead? Stuff like that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-30-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake out does Matt for the second straight day. Its still close though, both look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan Shipley is back from injury.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You could give some reports to how things went, Mikey. How did Berry and Charles look with their ACLs no longer dead? Stuff like that.
I didn't get a great look at Berry but he was out there running. Charles juked a few defenders on some random plays and he looks 100%. Tony Moeaki was out there running pass patterns and looked good too.

And Tony Ugoh decided to retire three days after we signed him. Cue all the "no one wants to play in KC lolol" comments!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard Brockers described as Man-child
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhhh, training camp. Where every player is going to be the next big thing.