Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I get it. He made a lulz, I said something back. It hurt your feelings. Patriots pass defense sucks, don't make fun of the Rams. Moving on.

Piece of advice for the future: don't use the "well your team sucks so you can't say anything about my team" card. It just doesn't make sense. That's all I was getting at.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a 49er fan. Our defense was insanely good last year. I do believe that I now have the proper authority to proclaim that the 2011 Patriots defense was a giant bottle of shitfuck.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are a Rams fan. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. You need to win a few games before you can point out anything resembling a flaw of any other team if you're team sucks as bad as it does.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I'm a 49er fan. Our defense was insanely good last year. I do believe that I now have the proper authority to proclaim that the 2011 Patriots defense was a giant bottle of shitfuck.
I'm a Packer fan, and our pass defense was an even bigger bottle of shitfuck. I feel like sitting through 17 games of shitfuck pass defense makes me uniquely qualified to pass judgment, and to say that the Pats were better, but not by much.

Last edited by WCH : 08-01-2012 at 12:15 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Once Hall went down the Bengals could not cover anybody last year.

Clements could not cover anybody with any speed at all.
Kelly Jennings was awful.
Adam Jones out of position most of the time.
As I said once Hall was out. Can't expect much from a bunch of journeyman corners and that is why we drafted Kpat. Also, when corners get beat there should usually be a safety somewhere in the vicinity to aid in that. Ours where nowhere to be found as they have been for a very long time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Four of the worst pass defenses statistically last year were NE, Packers, Giants, and Saints. The statistics were telling on the Pats and Packers, not too sure if the Saints and Giants were that bad, but two of those teams obviously made it to the Super Bowl and a ton of people thought the Packers and Saints would go.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pklayiff d bad as well
Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, the past 1.5 pages are full of butt-hurt.

anyway, count me in on the "thank God we got rid of Chris Crocker" train. he was complete garbage.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are a Rams fan. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. You need to win a few games before you can point out anything resembling a flaw of any other team if you're team sucks as bad as it does.
im pretty sure thats not how it works lol

Ben ijalana tore his ACL again, he was going to be a key part of that colts OL this year. 2 years out of football, sucks
Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At this stage in his career, Vikings defensive end Jared Allen isn't looking to tango on a daily basis with someone looking to show off. He made that very clear a couple weeks ago during an appearance on NBC SportsTalk. "Just don't touch me," Allen said. "I'm too old to deal with overzealous rookies right now. Keep your hands out of my face, don't grab my jersey, and we won't have to fist fight." It appears Matt Kalil missed that interview. Per a tweet Tuesday from Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com, the rookie left tackle "stonewalled" Allen on consecutive plays during practice, which incited the rage of Allen, who cursed loudly. This is good news for the Vikings if Kalil is able to hold his own against an All-Pro fresh off a 22-sack season. Minnesota invested its No. 4 overall pick in Kalil, hoping it has found the long-term cornerstone of its offensive line and blind side protection to quarterback Christian Ponder.
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UBlB86AZxUU

Jared Allen getting pissed kalil blocked the **** out of him
Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well what does he expect him to do, let him go by because he's older
Old 08-01-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Allen was joking. He should man up and give the kid everything he has. It'll make Kalil a better player, which will make the Vikings a better team.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well what does he expect him to do, let him go by because he's older
I think he probably got used to going up against the trash the Vikings have had at LT for the past few years. Now that there is someone competent, he's frustrated.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I hope Allen was joking. He should man up and give the kid everything he has. It'll make Kalil a better player, which will make the Vikings a better team.
apparently he was really really pissed, in a non joking kind of way. He really should feel good about kalil being able to block him, thats such a positive thing for the teams offense
Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of Jared Allen and his shtick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Ron
Rookie

Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Jared Allen. Best DE in the league.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen >>> all

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I found this pretty hilarious. I don't know if you truly believe this or you just got your feelings hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

No I don't believe it, I was in New York this past weekend and I think I am still in defend the Pats at all costs mode. Can't help it, it should blow over in a few days
Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone gets pissed when someone goes "all out" at training camp this early. In a day or two Allen will adjust and probably give Kalil a mullet while he sleeps.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats defense wasn't that that awful actually. They were a bend but don't break defense (the kind I hate). So they gave up a ton of yards which makes them look bad statistically, but they were middle of the pack in terms of points allowed, and to me, that matters much more than yards.

They have potential to be a decent defense this year. I don't like them switching to a 4-3, which is what it sounds like they're going to do, but their defense might be that bad this year.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Pats defense wasn't that that awful actually. They were a bend but don't break defense (the kind I hate). So they gave up a ton of yards which makes them look bad statistically, but they were middle of the pack in terms of points allowed, and to me, that matters much more than yards.

They have potential to be a decent defense this year. I don't like them switching to a 4-3, which is what it sounds like they're going to do, but their defense might be that bad this year.
That bend don't break was frusturating to watch, but considering how undermanned we were at some spots on defense it was somewhat effective. We were good in the red zone and middle of the pack in points allowed like you said. I have a had time believing there won't be at the very least a slight improvement this year.

As far as scheme I think we will give a lot of different looks, and the additions of Hightower and Jones give us some more flexibility in that regard. Jermaine Cunningham has looked good too and he could be a difference maker in the rotation if he plays to his ability.

The keys are McCourty and Dowling, with McCourty being the biggest one. If he plays like he did as a rookie that would be huge.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That bend don't break was frusturating to watch, but considering how undermanned we were at some spots on defense it was somewhat effective. We were good in the red zone and middle of the pack in points allowed like you said. I have a had time believing there won't be at the very least a slight improvement this year.

As far as scheme I think we will give a lot of different looks, and the additions of Hightower and Jones give us some more flexibility in that regard. Jermaine Cunningham has looked good too and he could be a difference maker in the rotation if he plays to his ability.

The keys are McCourty and Dowling, with McCourty being the biggest one. If he plays like he did as a rookie that would be huge.
I was just coming in here to say the exact same thing. McCourty needs to go back to his rookie year play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's the thing that confuses me. Hightower is a guy I see as your SOLB in a 3-4 or a ILB in a 3-4, or a DE in a 4-3, but he's really built to play in a 3-4.

Jones on the other hand is pretty much a 4-3 LE. He can play UT in a 4 man line but he's pretty much built to play a 4-3 alignment.

So when you think about it, they have 2 players each that are built to play exclusively in 1 scheme, but neither of them are built to play for the same scheme. That seems counterproductive to me.

Maybe Jones can fill out his frame and play as a 3-4 DE, but as of right now, I don't get how he fits on the Patriots, especially since you guys switch up your alignments so much.

I don't see the point of drafting Jones that high if he's just a situational player on a 4 man line that you'll use probably 35% of the time at most.

McCourty is definitely the key though. I don't understand how he went from looking so good to looking so bad.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This just in: Blaine Gabbert still sucks.

I wonder if he starts this year.