Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Er what? I could have just been ignorant of the setup, but I have never known this to be the case.

Also, I refuse to believe that Roosevelt has already been taken out. So I am just going to pretend he is actually William McKinley.

Like I said in the mafia discussion thread yesterday, I'm going out of town soon, and may not be back until tomorrow afternoon. I will try and check in on my phone but no guarantees.
In every game I have ran a Mafia member can kill and use their ability. For example:
Lets say Caddy is a Roleblocker. Caddy can Roleblock BeerBaron and be sent by the Godfather to kill Shane.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
...did you investigate him or just randomly receive the message?
Randomly received message.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Er what? I could have just been ignorant of the setup, but I have never known this to be the case.

Also, I refuse to believe that Roosevelt has already been taken out. So I am just going to pretend he is actually William McKinley.

Like I said in the mafia discussion thread yesterday, I'm going out of town soon, and may not be back until tomorrow afternoon. I will try and check in on my phone but no guarantees.
[ooc] Hey now! William McKinley is my 5th cousin and an all-around badass. How dare you speak ill of him! [/ooc]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
In every game I have ran a Mafia member can kill and use their ability. For example:
Lets say Caddy is a Roleblocker. Caddy can Roleblock BeerBaron and be sent by the Godfather to kill Shane.
This. The factional kill is separate from the individual role and both actions can be done in the same night. That's how I've also always seen it and how I've always operated.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Randomly received message.
Perhaps a neighbor?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't a neighbor be known from the start?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This. The factional kill is separate from the individual role and both actions can be done in the same night. That's how I've also always seen it and how I've always operated.
Another example is that Shane as the Godfather in the DDN game sent TH to do the killing seeing as his role was the least important in their eyes.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wouldn't a neighbor be known from the start?
Wha? Are you drunk this morning?

A neighbor chooses one person a day to send a predetermined message through the mod.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a terrible night for us, but McGee would have been extremely useful down the line. The only person who really stands out to me today is SP, but that could be just because he's playing dumb at the moment.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A neighbor chooses one person a day to send a predetermined message through the mod.
I'm not familiar with the neighbor role. Does the neighbor choose what is said and can thus spew whatever **** they want to or does the moderator choose the message and thus can be taken as fact?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 07-31-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is not even close to what the MafiaWiki describes the role as being.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Hmm, the only time I've seen neighbor on here, it was the variety Cain described but yea, definitely seems like a disconnect here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking friendly townie as well. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a mafia ploy. On top of that Rufus SP and SBH seem to be very protective of each other. Just something to keep an eye out for.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hmm, the only time I've seen neighbor on here, it was the variety Cain described but yea, definitely seems like a disconnect here.
I don't know what game the role was used in, but that must be some DC only version of the role. It is normally a role that acts like a mason, except for the fact that the person never knows the alignment of their neighbor. There is no talking to a different person each night or knowing if they are harmless or not.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-31-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You people, making me catch up.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote: SP

Stands out the most to me and I think his lynch tells us a fair amount. Also nice to see evil Vidae make an appearance. Every game evil Vidae shows up I can't help but think he could not be tipping that he is evil that easily but he keeps proving me wrong. That said I am more confident that SP is evil for now.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote count:

D-Unit (1) - Todd
ATL (1) - SP
SuperPacker (1) - Gonzo

With 23 alive, 12 are needed for majority.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Vote: SP

Stands out the most to me and I think his lynch tells us a fair amount. Also nice to see evil Vidae make an appearance. Every game evil Vidae shows up I can't help but think he could not be tipping that he is evil that easily but he keeps proving me wrong. That said I am more confident that SP is evil for now.
I really have no idea what I've done to look evil to anyone.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I don't think anything Vidae has done has been indicative of evil Vidae. Yes, he talked right after I called him out but he was literally typing at the same time I was. And his next post was pretty calm as well. He didn't start bitching and moaning like he usually does when evil.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Re-reading day 1, the only thing that really sticks out to me is Brodeur switching to being in favor of "no lynch" all of a sudden and then qualifying it with an excuse. That doesn't necessarily mean he's evil, though.

That's it unfortunately.
It's not an excuse exactly, it's a change of strategy based on success in the last couple of games I've been involved in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really have no idea what I've done to look evil to anyone.
You have just been a little angry is all. Usually people who are good like having a little suspicion thrown their way. When you are evil you tend to get really ******* pissed off and really ******* defensive. Again though, I think sooner or later you will check evil Vidae so that no longer becomes an indicator.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You have just been a little angry is all. Usually people who are good like having a little suspicion thrown their way. When you are evil you tend to get really ******* pissed off and really ******* defensive. Again though, I think sooner or later you will check evil Vidae so that no longer becomes an indicator.
This game? I don't think I've been angry at all this game. I barely posted yesterday (and I didn't miss much anyway, it being day one and all) and I've only questioned ATL but that appears to have been cleared up, enough for my liking anyway.

I don't think SP has been acting evil either.. maybe not playing this the best way possible early in the game, but I just don't get an evil vibe.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

OK well I have to leave now :(

It is hard for me to say I have any suspicions worth acting upon, I thought day one moved too quickly(I do think the later voters in that area may need be looked at) to gather a lot of suspicions and it is very early day two. If I had to name someone, it would be SP, he has seemed a little off, but I am not going to be voting for him for the time being simply because it is only a relative hunch.

I will try and check in on my phone later this afternoon, although I will certainly be a little lost as I doubt I will be rereading everything I miss all on my phone. Will be back and active as usual come tomorrow.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This game? I don't think I've been angry at all this game. I barely posted yesterday (and I didn't miss much anyway, it being day one and all) and I've only questioned ATL but that appears to have been cleared up, enough for my liking anyway.

I don't think SP has been acting evil either.. maybe not playing this the best way possible early in the game, but I just don't get an evil vibe.
Ok. So you defending SP may be nothing and you may have a point but it is interesting. Who is the most suspicious person to you right now? If you had to lynch somebody who would it be?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Have a good trip Cigaro.