Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-30-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not certain on the specifics, but they may have different people and teams leading certain sports titles, so that may impact things.

Also, I feel like if they put out a crappy Fifa or NHL the sales would drop off significantly, unlike Madden.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i know fifa has a competitor, does nhl? i'd guess you're right though, there's incentive with both to draw in new fans, whereas everyone pretty much buys madden already.
you do know why a NHL video game is made so great by a Canadian company right?

NHL 2k11 was the last hokey game by 2k sports, so NHL games may or may not start going downhill, i doubt it since its made for Canadians by Canadians.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i did it so I could get some LULZ and internetz.

hockey video game/nhl same stuff. though i did enjoy it, I wish i knew more about hockey so I could buy it and play all the time.

I'm sure I could play and learn, like I did with NBA 2k12. I get bored watching basketball, but its so fun playing in my player mode. I learned so many new rules about basketball, though I don't know all the schemes and tactics.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i know fifa has a competitor, does nhl? i'd guess you're right though, there's incentive with both to draw in new fans, whereas everyone pretty much buys madden already.
Fifa hasn't had a competitor for like 5+ years. Pro Evo was good for like a year and now it sucks.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Fifa games are great. They had connected carreer type of thing for a while, you can be a manager and a player at once. Madden won't think of that for another 3-6 years.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Fifa hasn't had a competitor for like 5+ years. Pro Evo was good for like a year and now it sucks.
Winning Eleven (Pro Evo) was the tits for the longest time. It took forever for Fifa to overtake that game.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Winning Eleven (Pro Evo) was the tits for the longest time. It took forever for Fifa to overtake that game.
QFT. Master league was the ****.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
fair enough, i thought for sure i remembered a game last year that people were nerd-raging about (like the 2k5/madden 'arguments').
Could have been Football Manager. I give it a lot of props, but it's just a management/sim game.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
mittelstaedt2007
Rookie

mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.mittelstaedt2007 could make a wolverine purr.

Looking to potentially scoop up this year after having a bunch of people say that this year is much improved. Their only gripe is the lack of a fantasy draft, which is kind of a big deal for me. I own '12 so I'm curious if the difference is really that big and it's worth getting or if I should just pass on this year's edition.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta admit, it is pretty cool to see a fake Scott Wright twitter and the draftcountdown logo and name used to talk about my created player in madden this year.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like the new engine. And as for fantasy draft not a big deal with me I don't remember the last time I did that.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is there any franchise mode type of game at all?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's just called connected careers now and just choose the option to be head coach or something like that.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far the game is pretty solid. One thing I don't like is the trading in connected careers. Every year in madden I always start a franchise and trade guys to create an all rookie team but this year some players teams will not trade. I wanted to get RG3 as my QB and I offered Matt Ryan, Michael Turner and a first round pick and they still said no. So it looks like I wont be making my all rookie team this year. I know that makes sense that the Skins wouldn't want to trade him but it would be nice if there was a setting to make that possible. The gameplay is improved but still has some flaws with run blocking.

Also sometimes the commentating is messed up. I threw a pass for about 4 yards to get a first down and then Simms ripped me apart and said that the QB only threw that to make his stats look better.

Definitely a step in the right direction but still has a way to go to be as good as sports games like NBA 2K12. I would give it about an 8 out of 10 but could easily be a 9 if they fixed some little things.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco
That awkward moment when you realize you're not on Madden13 and have to create yourself...
hahaha awesome
Old 08-30-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post

The Beast has spoken.
at this juncture of all junctures
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
hahaha awesome
lmao I love chad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made Priest Holmes and started a career with the Steelers, since the Chiefs are stacked at RB.

I find it a bit more enjoyable not having control of the team and just having to work with whatever is around me.

My first season their OL was awful and I really had to fight for yards but I have been killing it in my second year. No one seems to think to cover me on passing plays.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its sad that EA actually has to add a "looking for franchise mode?" screen to the start news menu. Do people seriously turn it on, not see something labeled "franchise mode" and then immediately return it? People only have two options in connected careers, player or coach. I'm starting to think that its just dumb people in the world to blame for lack of innovation in games.

Seriously, the only thing missing is fantasy draft and the mini games. They wanted a more realistic game so they labeled and rated everybody by scheme. Fantasy draft would have bypassed this and made things awkward. I used to only do fantasy draft online franchises, but I'm dealing without it just fine.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-31-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Importing draft classes have never really worked for me. I always disagreed with the ratings and haven't even tried since like 04. Its normally best to just do the pregenerated classes.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how's importing that draft class going?
Why do you wanna be that guy who ***** on anybody who seems to enjoy the game? I have barely gotten into much other then superstar mode, and to each his own on your preferences, but it always seems like every year there is at least 1 guy who wants to make it a point that nobody else should enjoy the game because they obviously hate it.

Guess I don't see the point in that. You hate literally everything about Madden(it's not like your not correct, and I'm not far behind you) but I still enjoy the game to an extent, but if I were feeling like you I wouldn't be posting in here as much making sure everybody else hated it the same way.

But as far as importing, I don't like that it was taken out, but I haven't bought College in a few years either, and past the first 3 classes of that those were the only ones that mattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
why lie about the things that've been left out of 2013?
Probably because its a feature that I haven't used in 9 years and didn't look for it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 08-31-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually the NFL and EA are the ones preventing other companies from being able to create what many believe would be a better product. The exclusive license is B.S. - I agree with that but your anger/resentment would be better focused at those two parties that have created this monopoly with an NFL game. If consumers are given the choice between two products they will more than likely go with what they believe is the superior product.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Actually the NFL and EA are the ones preventing other companies from being able to create what many believe would be a better product. The exclusive license is B.S. - I agree with that but your anger/resentment would be better focused at those two parties that have created this monopoly with an NFL game. If consumers are given the choice between two products they will more than likely go with what they believe is the superior product.
There is no incentive for EA to make a better game because people buy Madden every year. There is no incentive for the NFL to open it to competition because they make lots of money and sales numbers say their product is being well-represented by EA. I expect the NFL will do another exclusive contract with EA, though maybe not as long as last time. EA will bump up their efforts a bit to hopefully shut up some of the detractors and then wait it out as the memory of 2k5 continues to fade.

The only way any of this will change is if people stop buying ****** Madden games. That is the only way our voices will be heard.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Madden '05 considered the best Madden? Or was it '04?

Either way the fact is that I will not be buying a Madden until they get their **** together. Sure it might be "fun" for a little while but the fact is as many others have stated they are coasting with what they have done. The worst part is people have an orgasm and buy the same old **** over and over and over again.

Its as much on the consumer as it is EA and the NFL. Without competition they can afford to make this repetitive crap with new rosters and minute changes.

And to prove the point... if the '05 Madden was the best it proves that competition can only improve a product.