Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how has it worked out for those who haven't bought the game in 3-4 years? EA is surely hurting from those people right? Sorry to break it to you but unless people start a worldwide boycott not buying Madden won't do anything other then deprive you of playing a football game.

I want the 2k series to return just as much as anyone else, but I'm not about to go without any sort of football game for 5 years just to *hope* that it happens. Plus it's not like Madden ruins my life lol, obviously it could be better, but I'm not going to go 5 years without any sort of NFL football game to make some personal stand that EA cares nothing about.

Quote:
but YOU are personally preventing a football game that i would find enjoyable from being made. and then you're acting like i shouldn't have any right to complain about it. that's ridiculous.

All of this is not true. The first part makes absolutely no sense either. So because Madden isn't as a complete of a game it should be, I'm personally the reason for it because I buy it, even though I bought it with my own money, and still personally enjoy the game. How does that make any sense?

I buy bunch of games could be better then what they are, but if I still enjoy them I'll buy them. As I stated before I enjoy playing football games in general, so while I fully realize and have admitted what they lack in regards to what they could come out with, I have fun playing Madden. I don't put it in and rage, or want to throw it down the street, or scratch my eyes out.

You don't have to understand that, but for you to act like me playing/buying a game for a sport I enjoy is preventing a better game to be made is ludicrous. You've got to adjust your way of thinking here, because this whole "your an idiot if you bought Madden and YOUR the reason why the game sucks" addage is old.

Further more, I never said you shouldn't complain or that your not allowed. But it's kinda how there is a Call of Duty thread every year for the new game, some people really hate CoD, so what good would it do for that person to be patrolling the CoD thread and everytime somebody said something they liked about the game they countered that point and tried to be Debbie Downer all over the place?

How long has it been since you've bought Madden? How well has that worked out for you in terms of the EA liscense? Or maybe if everybody on DC didn't buy the game EA will surely listen then! Direct your anger towards the people who get paid a ton of money to produce the game, not at the people who actually still do enjoy playing football games. You don't, which is totally fine.

edit: The only people I haven't understood are the ones who buy Madden, completely hate it, then continually buy it every year afterwards. That's completely different then somebody who buys it, enjoys the game but just wishes it could be expanded on. I think a bounch of games of games are terrible that everyone loves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 08-31-2012 at 10:46 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Njx you can talk/type until your fingers bleed, what you don't understand is that I don't hate Madden like you do. So you can try and make me seem like an imbecile for that fact, or that I'm somehow not able to understand logic, or whatever it always turns into with your arguments on the internet. Obviously your contributing some great insight to this thread.

I bought the game, I enjoy it, you don't. Get over it. Is it perfect? Not even close. Have I ever acted like it was the messiah of football games? Not even once. The world doesn't revolve around your line of thinking and not everybody has to agree with you.

But maybe if you break up more of my post into small paragraphs and talk about how I can't comprehend, read, repeat the same things, or whatever it is you like to do you'll really have proved your point then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LL trying to make the most of dog poop, finding the cup half full.

NJX, F the cup that **** empty, break down the walls, anarchy till we get a full cup.

I cave in from peer pressure, message board and commericals. I know I"ll regret it. and give it back 1 week later.

Also Madden 04 is the BEST!! team scouting reports...got repetitive after a while, but awesome. Game plans, player reports man that game was awesome. Of course 2k was around.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just bought it. Not impressed. Career mode is far too tedious at times. Reminds me of those ESPN games. Eh. Still has all the game play **** that made me hate the last one

I doubt I keep this long.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain to me why Geno Atkins drops to an 80 overall in Career mode?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been buying Madden since 04 but decided to skip this year after 5 mins with the demo. Skipping NCAA as well. It's probably 2 years later than I told myself i'd do it but the game just isn't very good.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Can someone explain to me why Geno Atkins drops to an 80 overall in Career mode?
I heard the same thing happening with someone else using Aaron Rodgers. He dropped down to a 96 in career mode.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a new feature.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
hahaha awesome
LOL that's hilarious. Come back Chad.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You kinda missed my original point. It won't ever truly change if people are so whiny when it does. They implemented a presentation redesign to try and make people feel like the players fit different system schemes and to try and make if feel like a deeper game. To do this, apparently they didn't feel that fantasy draft or importing players fit into this new approach.

Its different, but not so different as to justify having to have a dedicated screen to direct people to where "franchise mode" is located. It will never change with people whining about the changes.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Ok so where the **** is franchise mode in this game?
I've seen this question asked a lot on other forums. I thought more people would look into the game they're buying before they buy it.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It's a new feature.
Called what? "We just do random **** to make our game horrible and laugh because there is no alternative"

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I've seen this question asked a lot on other forums. I thought more people would look into the game they're buying before they buy it.
I thought "successful" companies wouldn't get rid of one of the best features in their games.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone make a trade in connected career? Just to see if I could I offered Seattle two 1sts and a 2nd for Marcus Trufant and they accepted another trade. What the actual ****?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what is the difference between Franchise Mode and this new version of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Can anyone make a trade in connected career? Just to see if I could I offered Seattle two 1sts and a 2nd for Marcus Trufant and they accepted another trade. What the actual ****?
What was the other trade?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Anyone with an answer as to why Geno Atkins (and others) drop in ratings in career mode? I mean, I got it in 12 when rookies fluctuated in preseason. But by week 1 vs Baltimore he was still an 80

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trufant was probably on the trade block. they viewed your offer as less than what another team bid on him. the other trade offers should be blind because other gms don't get to see what everyone else offers.

And they made changes to the animations, passing, presentation, etc. People (most everybody it seems) are just going to complain about the change. My advice is to get used to it and actually play the game. Random customers don't run EA. Its their game. You are not special. Your every want and desire isn't going to be represented in the game. Zippity do da.

Just load it up, make a coach, and play the game. Notice the different format, get used to it, check out the progression and drafting interfaces, and get better.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Okay that's all neato, but why should I have to deal with my favorite player dropping 10+ points?

Or that they haven't fixed stuff that has been an issue for years...

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay that's all neato, but why should I have to deal with my favorite player dropping 10+ points?

You don't have to deal with it. Just don't buy the game. Not hard. And seriously what did you expect? When people like you keep on buying the game, they have no reason to change it. You actually expected them to improve the game?

My best njx impression!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

its the scheme your coach uses. Raiders run a WCO so Palmer drops from 85 to 82 I think... because he is better fitted for a vertical offense. This goes for defensive players too. So when you scout the rookies you need to take the time and draft guys that fit your scheme. If you are running a WCO and draft a WR with 99 speed but low catch in traffic, etc... He rating in a WCO will be low but in a vertical offense he will be higher.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
its the scheme your coach uses. Raiders run a WCO so Palmer drops from 85 to 82 I think... because he is better fitted for a vertical offense. This goes for defensive players too. So when you scout the rookies you need to take the time and draft guys that fit your scheme. If you are running a WCO and draft a WR with 99 speed but low catch in traffic, etc... He rating in a WCO will be low but in a vertical offense he will be higher.
Mother effing this.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
So in the Bengals defense (where he is a 93 supposedly) he drops to an 80?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must say the "franchise" mode in this game is alot better then it has been for the past few years. I love the twitter feed addition.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Must say the "franchise" mode in this game is alot better then it has been for the past few years. I love the twitter feed addition.
That was cool.
I think the idea behind this change was alright. But I just think the execution was a bit....off.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-31-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I thought "successful" companies wouldn't get rid of one of the best features in their games.
They never did. They simply changed the name of it. That's it. Not only that, but they "added" an alternative way to play the franchise mode. The old school franchise mode as you know it is simply playing connected careers as a head coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
So what is the difference between Franchise Mode and this new version of it?
You play as either a head coach or a player in connected careers.

1. Playing as a "head coach" gives you control over every aspect of your team. From concession stands at your new potential stadium to playing as a wide receiver or free safety on the field. It's the same thing as the previous "franchise" mode that Madden has had over the years plus more. You do all of this in addition to your main goal as a head coach (either created coach, current, or NFL Legend) which is to build a legacy for yourself and your franchise.

2. You can play as a player and focus just one that one player. You can choose to start as a created player, current player, or NFL Legend (Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders) existing in today's world. You determine how you start out, whether it's a free agent or a high draft pick and the expectations will be different for whatever scenario you choose.

They've simply swamped the name "franchise" for "connected careers" and added a whole new dimension to it. You're getting what you used to have plus a brand new way to play it if you so desire.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 08-31-2012 at 11:00 PM.