Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
its the scheme your coach uses. Raiders run a WCO so Palmer drops from 85 to 82 I think... because he is better fitted for a vertical offense. This goes for defensive players too. So when you scout the rookies you need to take the time and draft guys that fit your scheme. If you are running a WCO and draft a WR with 99 speed but low catch in traffic, etc... He rating in a WCO will be low but in a vertical offense he will be higher.
Wow. That's actually pretty cool.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
1. Playing as a "head coach" gives you control over every aspect of your team. From concession stands at your new potential stadium to playing as a wide receiver or free safety on the field. It's the same thing as the previous "franchise" mode that Madden has had over the years plus more. You do all of this in addition to your main goal as a head coach (either created coach, current, or NFL Legend) which is to build a legacy for yourself and your franchise.
Idk if that's right I don't remember seeing any option set prices for stuff like I used too.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a mode where a LB can't cover a WR? I would play that

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Idk if that's right I don't remember seeing any option set prices for stuff like I used too.
You mean concession prices and stuff? I think that's been out for awhile not sure if that's what you meant. Head Coach mode though is virtually franchise mode, just with a new name and in a new location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
So in the Bengals defense (where he is a 93 supposedly) he drops to an 80?
I've heard guys drop up to like 15 points, so I'll be curious to see how this plays out more. Like 3-4 DE's that are slow drop a bunch of points going to a 4-3 etc, I am curious to see how this plays out when trading for guys that may be a bad fit for 1 team, get decent value then they improve on your team. At least that's how I hope it is.

As far as Superstar mode, I still wanted interviews though, even a small version. Bring in some character into play on that mode.

Quote:
Old 09-01-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if you change player progression to yearly or just not weekly then it won't make a difference.

1 bad game can have very big drops in rating.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you change a players position say from MLB to ROLB instead of just moving him there in the depth chart ?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I haven't been looking in the thread recently, but did they or did they not get rid of editing player ratings?

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Ok so after playing Superstar mode a bit more:

Finally did the Game Face creator, that's pretty sick and amazingly accurate. Though considering you have a helmet on this would be so much more fun on NBA superstar mode. I like that you pick your storyline, 1st round pick, late rounder, or UDFA. Practice options are pretty neat, xp points and developing where you want is fun also. I'm enjoying the gameplay and there is some replay factor here in comparison to me never playing the mode more then 5 minutes ever on other Maddens let alone have replay value. Also pick the type of player you wanna be, west coast QB, big armed QB, receiving RB, 1 cut RB, etc. I like that.

What I don't like is that they let you choose your team, so I made myself a QB and put myself on the Cards. It would be much more realistic to just start the process as a collegiate player going through the draft. Show some cut scenes of your guy in a suit in the green room waiting to get drafted, have some rumor mills of who is interested, maybe a team trades up for you(this would be a huge welcomed addition being that you can put your own face on, why not give your player as much face time as possible).

Then if you get drafted as a QB to the Pats, you can request a trade out, or work your way up for a few years. Want to see interviews after games and they need 2 bring chemistry into play. If you alienate your coaches/players/city then the overall of players around you drops, the team shops you for trades even when you don't request it or will have no interest in re-signing you.

Off-season was way too fast, there basically is none. I had no clue what my team had done. Be nice if they asked you questions about what they wanted to do, or something. I don't want the off-season to just be where you finish your playoff game, and you just simulate from that point to pre-season without one update.

I figured with them doing this game face now, they should be able 2 pull in so many more animations and cut scenes with your player and start to add some more off the field options. It's still lacking in that regards, they focused more on the field to expand that but Superstar is about the player as a whole not just the playing football aspect.

Quote:
Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
So I haven't been looking in the thread recently, but did they or did they not get rid of editing player ratings?
You can't edit anything on a player in a franchise or superstar mode. Numbers, ratings, equipment, etc. Which blows pretty hard because the amount of shoes and helmets this year has a wide variety and I used 2 really love drafting rookies and getting them all to look differently in their own way. Ratings was never that big of a deal, but equipment was dumb.

Like I started a franchise with Detroit, and traded Kevin Smith for Lamar Miller, so now I have two little 5'10 speed RB's on the team with #44 in Best and Miller and I hardly know who is who.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it sounds like Madden 13 is a let down again.What a surprise . Glad I can't wait until Nov to pick it up at half price.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So it sounds like Madden 13 is a let down again.What a surprise . Glad I can't wait until Nov to pick it up at half price.
Umm no its. Not. This from a guy who hasn't bought a madden since '08.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

There's no way to sim through a season is there? Like you have to do it one week at a time right?
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what is making Madden 13 such a good game this year ?

Sounds like they took out Importing draft classes and superstar from college to NFL . To me that is a big fail!! Plus it also sounds like franchise mode is all messed up as well.

Last edited by 49erNation85 : 09-03-2012 at 02:36 PM.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like they're treating the new engine like a first game on a new console where they completely strip the game down to the very basics and add the other stuff in later versions. It's really lame. On the fence on picking this one up simply because I have a couple friends that bought it for some reason.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its not built to do the usual fantasy drafting simulation style, but the only reason people did that style of play was because the gameplay was crappy. The gameplay is better and the presentation/progression of the season is different. It makes playing and taking your time during the season mode worthwhile. Its progress.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the DBs in 13 still get like turbo boost sometimes? Cuz ******* bs pick in 12 just happened and I am ******* pissed. Wr kills the Cb on a in rout throw it while he's wide open cb gets turbo bost and pick ******* 6. **** u madden you **** game.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it weird that I have watched the whole Ray Lewis opening almost every time? I really like it and it gets me pumped up Lol.

Anyways I have bought every madden on the PS3 you could and I actually really enjoy this one after hating 12.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Do the DBs in 13 still get like turbo boost sometimes? Cuz ******* bs pick in 12 just happened and I am ******* pissed. Wr kills the Cb on a in rout throw it while he's wide open cb gets turbo bost and pick ******* 6. **** u madden you **** game.
Its happened to me on out routes, but thats maybe because I'm throwing it with Stanton and Mr. Irrelevant.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Precision passing is much, much better though this year at least. You can really put the ball where you want it. High, low, behind, lead, over the top, this seems to be the most control they have had in awhile that's 1 thing I've enjoyed. Because without simple post patterns and fades had been useless to me if you just pressed the button to throw. Now if it's Cover 2 defense after the WR beats the CB jam the back shoulder fade works like a charm.

Quote:
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question. I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but can you do multiple team franchises in offline mode in 13? (ex. user controlling the Jets and Packers)

I know you can't do a fantasy draft, but I wasn't sure if this was a feature they removed or not.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
Quick question. I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, but can you do multiple team franchises in offline mode in 13? (ex. user controlling the Jets and Packers)

I know you can't do a fantasy draft, but I wasn't sure if this was a feature they removed or not.
No you can't, they removed that as well.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I don't like this franchise mode, just to slow and going through to many screens.

It use to flow much better, not its just wasting so much time through stuff and jumping hoops.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a question about the NCAA 13 game and I didn't see a thread for the game, so I thought this would be the best place to ask it...

In the Road to Glory mode, can you change the quarter length? I remember in last year's game, you oculd only play five minute quarters. It was so annoying becuase as a quarterback, I'd finish the game with 12 passing attempts. Also, when you go to a school, do you get any say about the offense? I'd like to go to Georgia Tech but I don't want to run the triple option. I debating whether or not to buy this game and Madden and the answers to these questions go a long way to helping me decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

its not a bad game, still the tacking crap is odd, like that video pointed out. Rb just flops when invisible hand touched him. the engine is good when it works right.