Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I unvoted for IBC.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I have my reasons. He actively argued to not even have a discussion about something, talked about lynching inactives after the thread was open for all of two hours, and then voted for D-Unit immediately after D voted for him.
These aren't very good or convincing reasons.

-I did not talk about lynching inactives, which is plainly seen if you actually read what I typed. I was very clearly not saying "Let's lynch an inactive". I was identifying to who keep an eye out for since most people had already posted. Check past games, I do this a lot. It is a way to buoy conversation. As I've already stated.

- Also, it was 4 hours in, which I specifically stated. Why are you so suspicious if you can't even read what I say?

- The vote for D-Unit was an obvious joke vote. I even wrote "for being dumb", which is obviously not a valid or serious reason to vote for someone.

- I was not trying to avoid the conversation about revealing our characters. I said such a plan was stupid. Several others have agreed with me, because it is. It's a stupid and easily-defeated idea, even without the comahan provision that's since been fleshed out.

Are these really your reasons?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad, fixed

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Grizz View Post
I know, but certain characters could have certain connotations. For example, woody could equal sherriff. Obvi, I know, but still. It's why I don't want to reveal who I am yet. I'll do it if it comes down to that or be lynched, but I just don't see the point.

I unvoted OSU because him seeming stupid didn't seem like a good enough reason to vote for him, as other suspicions are beginning to arise.
You are a townie though, your character almost certainly reflects that. Assuming you are what you say you are...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Mrs. Grizz
Rookie

Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
You are a townie though, your character almost certainly reflects that. Assuming you are what you say you are...
So is the purpose of this is you want me to reveal? If I reveal my character, then yeah, it becomes obvious that I'm townie. I guess I'm just curious as to what you're asking for/want/thinking.

sig by bonekrusher
Mrs. Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So is the purpose of this is you want me to reveal? If I reveal my character, then yeah, it becomes obvious that I'm townie. I guess I'm just curious as to what you're asking for/want/thinking.
At this point yes. You have already outed yourself as a townie, and although that at first sufficed for me, your later refusal to out yourself as a corresponding character makes little sense to me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously... I hate character reveals. It is such a stupid tactic.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, I am all read up. No one jumps out at me, but Mrs. Grizz' quick reveal did get my attention.
As for killxswitch's question about school, I have been going in for the last two weeks with the first mandatory day for teachers being the 9th. Lucky for me, they are waxing my classroom floor tomorrow so I may choose just to stay home.
As for my vote - you could probably predict that by now.

Vote: No Lynch

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
- I was not trying to avoid the conversation about revealing our characters. I said such a plan was stupid. Several others have agreed with me, because it is. It's a stupid and easily-defeated idea, even without the comahan provision that's since been fleshed out.

Are these really your reasons?
Yes, those are my reasons. But as for the plan being easily defeated without a safeclaim, that is just not true. If everyone revealed their characters, it would be pretty easy to clear at least half of the game (if not more). With usually 25% of the game evil, it would basically be a coin flip to determine whether the remaining are evil. We could probably win the game by only lynching one good person, if that.

With that said, even if the mafia doesn't have a safeclaim, I don't think we should do that because it is not in the spirit of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

OSUGiants (3): SuperPacker, Gonzo, ATL
No Lynch (4): Todd, CMD, OSU, CJ
SP (1): R4L
Killxswitch (2): D-Unit, JR

With 25 players alive, 13 votes are needed for majority.

sig by BoneKrusher
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Seriously... I hate character reveals. It is such a stupid tactic.
I didn't really care to learn her character at first even with her sudden reveal, but it doesn't really make sense to keep it under wraps at this point, so her doing so is a bit odd.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Agreed. It makes me a little suspicious of the people voting for him. He's an easy target for mafia to get rid of and not have any suspicion thrown their way. OSU always gets defensive and is even claiming to read the thread this time so I feel like it doesn't make sense to lynch him so hastily.
Very interesting how sure you are in this post that OSU is good. VERY interesting indeed.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, those are my reasons. But as for the plan being easily defeated without a safeclaim, that is just not true. If everyone revealed their characters, it would be pretty easy to clear at least half of the game (if not more). With usually 25% of the game evil, it would basically be a coin flip to determine whether the remaining are evil. We could probably win the game by only lynching one good person, if that.

With that said, even if the mafia doesn't have a safeclaim, I don't think we should do that because it is not in the spirit of the game.
I can't tell if you and D-Unit are trying to get a train going on me or if you were trying to set a trap for a mafia member to too-quickly disagree with the idea of a character reveal strategy. You didn't even bother to respond with my responses so I'm going to assume you have no response and you realize your "reasoning" is weak.

I am leaving work but will be back on later tonight at some point. If D-Unit and JR gain some followers please allow me the chance to defend myself.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Caddy, is that you? Character revealing is ******** and boring. I also have to think that Grizz has something in place besides just safe claims to help the mafia out in the case of character reveals. I still think OSU is suspect but I am hating how you are approaching this game, seems very evil to me.

Unvote: OSU

Vote: Jr
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I can't tell if you and D-Unit are trying to get a train going on me or if you were trying to set a trap for a mafia member to too-quickly disagree with the idea of a character reveal strategy. You didn't even bother to respond with my responses so I'm going to assume you have no response and you realize your "reasoning" is weak.

I am leaving work but will be back on later tonight at some point. If D-Unit and JR gain some followers please allow me the chance to defend myself.
Have there been other mafia games where you have come out on Day 1 to accuse inactives? If so, that would definitely relieve my suspicion on you.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Updated Vote Count:

JR (1): Gonzo

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-06-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
If I'm known for hating you it's only because nothing you say or do ever makes any sense.
Nah. It's just your grudge over me and we both know why. Cute excuse though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Have there been other mafia games where you have come out on Day 1 to accuse inactives? If so, that would definitely relieve my suspicion on you.
Kill has been action just a bit like classic evil vidae but I ******* hate the argument that if you have approached the game a certain way in the past then you are suspicious if you change up your game play a bit, especially for something like calling out people who have not posted. You seem to just be pissed that your name was brought up.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Caddy, is that you? Character revealing is ******** and boring. I also have to think that Grizz has something in place besides just safe claims to help the mafia out in the case of character reveals. I still think OSU is suspect but I am hating how you are approaching this game, seems very evil to me.

Unvote: OSU

Vote: Jr
Once again, if you read my posts, you'll see I am not saying we should do this. I have not revealed my character. I called it odd when two other people revealed for little or not reason. I have not asked anyone to reveal. I'm with you Gonzo, I think character revealing is stupid and potentially unfair to the mafia. That is one of the reasons I didn't allow in my game. All I wanted was a discussion of it. And look, my plan worked. We've had a bunch of discussion about it and people have gained suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Vote: Mrs. Grizz

Well she seems to have disappeared, perhaps this will bring her back.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im back, let me read up.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Once again, if you read my posts, you'll see I am not saying we should do this. I have not revealed my character. I called it odd when two other people revealed for little or not reason. I have not asked anyone to reveal. I'm with you Gonzo, I think character revealing is stupid and potentially unfair to the mafia. That is one of the reasons I didn't allow in my game. All I wanted was a discussion of it. And look, my plan worked. We've had a bunch of discussion about it and people have gained suspicions.
Notice how Grizz was tempting us to role reveal in posts before the game started? I am guessing role revealing won't be that unfair to the mafia. I would even go so far as to say at least one of the mainish characters in the game won't be included for safe claim reasons or will be evil (maybe sid has brainwashed then or some **** like that). Individual character revealing later in the game is probably the only way it will be advantageous to the town.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Mrs. Grizz
Rookie

Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Vote: Mrs. Grizz

Well she seems to have disappeared, perhaps this will bring her back.
Seriously? I stop responding to your threats/intimidation/accusations because honestly it's not even worth it, and you immediately vote for me? It's been like half an hour max that I hadn't answered you. Didn't realize that was disappearing.

Seriously, you're really starting to piss me off. THis is why I almost didn't play this game, the whole purpose for me even signing up, because people are douchebags.

BTW, Grizz and I will be leaving work soon, and have a 2 hour commute home. Does that mean that I'll have 'disappeared' again and you'll vote to bring me back?

Jesus Christ. I'm Mrs. Potato Head. GTF off me.

sig by bonekrusher
Mrs. Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Seriously? I stop responding to your threats/intimidation/accusations because honestly it's not even worth it, and you immediately vote for me? It's been like half an hour max that I hadn't answered you. Didn't realize that was disappearing.

Seriously, you're really starting to piss me off. BTW, Grizz and I will be leaving work soon, and have a 2 hour commute home. Does that mean that I'll have 'disappeared' again and you'll vote to bring me back?

Jesus Christ. I'm Mrs. Potato Head. GTF off me.
Considering this response, my vote stays.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Updated Vote Count:

JR (1): Gonzo
Mrs. Grizz (1): Cigaro

sig by BoneKrusher