Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 08-06-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mrs. Grizz stop acting like classic evil vidae. I am feeling tempted to vote for you.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Oooo mrs. Grizz shooting up on the suspici-o-meter
She's posted the most, by far, in the thread.

We're coming up on 4 hours in, and all but 5 have posted. Still waiting to hear from

Forenci - surprise surprise
CJ - did school start?
Brodeur - actual surprise
D-Unit - probably timezone issues
Fenikz - probably timezone issues

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Mrs. Grizz
Rookie

Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mrs. Grizz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Mrs. Grizz stop acting like classic evil vidae. I am feeling tempted to vote for you.
Jesus Christ, I'M SORRY :(

Side note, 'classic evil vidae' keeps getting brought up. Exactly what all does that encompass?

sig by bonekrusher
Mrs. Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
How would this help the town at all? It would just lead to everyone saying they are good and let the mafia know who is actually good.
The mafia already knows who is good. But you appear to have meant that the mafia would know who has power roles. Well in that case, the protector and watcher would know too. It would be dumb for them to come out. They could protect and watch people who come out with power roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Suspicion list so far:

JR - Really, really terrible plan proposal.

OSU - Posting nervously and getting very defensive.

Mrs. Grizz - unnecessary win condition reveal. Unless ATL being ATL = pressure.
I didn't so much suggest this plan. I just suggested we discuss it. As you can see, I haven't come out with my character yet so obviously I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do. But to not discuss it would be foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Whoa Whoa Whoa... Before we blow our load on this character reveal scheme... Grizz isn't dumb enough to make that a possibility with out giving the Mafia some sort of safe claim.

Grizz knows that Character Reveals have the potential to ruin a game... to allow it to do so would be pretty dumb.
Yeah, he probably did give them safe claims. And if that is the case, we could be suspicious of anyone who comes out with a very minor character or is hesitant of coming out with their character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh I could really go either way with Mrs. Grizz. If the mafia were afforded safeclaims, they would have been given the town's win condition and likely a somewhat obscure toy, which would therefore make sense to claim to be a townie.

But I am kind of leaning that her role reveal was sincere, just completely unnecessary.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Grizz View Post

Side note, 'classic evil vidae' keeps getting brought up. Exactly what all does that encompass?
More like what doesn't it encompass.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Vidae gets pretty angry and defensive when he is accused and evil.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-06-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I didn't so much suggest this plan. I just suggested we discuss it. As you can see, I haven't come out with my character yet so obviously I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do. But to not discuss it would be foolish.
Why? What is gained by discussing such a bad plan? Are you just suggesting this because we haven't had the freedom to reveal characters in a while or what?

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, he probably did give them safe claims. And if that is the case, we could be suspicious of anyone who comes out with a very minor character or is hesitant of coming out with their character.
Uh, what? I can get the minor character part, but any of the major characters likely have roles, so shouldn't they be hesitant to come out with a character?

Your character reveal push, when coupled with IBC's theory of a safeclaim, is looking increasingly suspicious.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to be around too much today because I have a tooth issue thus dentist, and then have to go to a Tigers game for my dad's birthday. Don't have much time here, so I'm a very innocent person and please don't hurt me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Suspicion list so far:

JR - Really, really terrible plan proposal.

OSU - Posting nervously and getting very defensive.

Mrs. Grizz - unnecessary win condition reveal. Unless ATL being ATL = pressure.
An interesting group, for sho.

jr's plan is one that is no fun, absolutely. The concern becomes: have we gotten to the point where we've seen enough "Can't see him being evil if he'd propose such a crazy plan" where it can start to become a mafia tactic?

Character reveals obviously put us way ahead without having to strategize with them. I'm not leaning either way on this one, just yet.

Now Mrs. Grizz is a little more sketchy, if you ask me. Win condition reveal is totally new kids on the blech. The way she referenced the mafia here just didn't sit right with me. Just a bit of a hunch.

Quote:
God I think that'd be way too obvious. It would make the mafia target us right away just out of sheer suspicion of that hahaha
I didn't like the manner of conception for the OSU train, coming from his sworn enemy in SP. He has basically only defended himself with incompetence, though. I never know with those two. I want to keep him talking.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mrs. Grizz' defensiveness is probably more a lack of experience and familiarity than anything.

OSU is fishy as ****. Nothing he's said has made much sense.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still debating between SP and OSU.

SP is disturbingly quiet....he's a lot nore active...and he's only been popping in and out.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Forenci is posting in the Vampire thread btw. I have no idea how Mrs. Grizz plays so maybe it is just inexperience. I would like to hear from JR just what his motivation is in proposing we all say who we are. He implied it was this intuitive conversation that we just had to have. I don't see it that way and was pretty surprised by the suggestion.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why? What is gained by discussing such a bad plan? Are you just suggesting this because we haven't had the freedom to reveal characters in a while or what?
I'm discussing it because Day Ones are often usless so it is good to have discussions. We can gain a ton of information just by analyzing who participates in the discussion and what they have to say. Hell, a few people are already suspicious of me for even thinking about discussing it.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm discussing it because Day Ones are often usless so it is good to have discussions. We can gain a ton of information just by analyzing who participates in the discussion and what they have to say. Hell, a few people are already suspicious of me for even thinking about discussing it.
You're certainly right about that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It was not the initial proposal for me, it was your later reactions. You seemed to back away from claiming it once it got heat on it, then you proposed we lynch people hesitant to character reveal, when if the mafia was afforded a safeclaim, they would likely have no reason to be hesitant.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're certainly right about that.
Exactly! So if you can see me as possibly being evil for suggesting it, why wouldn't you want to discuss it more? I'm sure we could figure some things out, or at least get some suspicions if we have a decent discussion about it.

It's the same as the lynch no-lynch discussion. We have had it in nearly every single game. I'd say 75-80% of the people who play are pretty entrenched in their opinions on the matter. But does that mean we should discuss it? No, because we can still gain some information from the discussion.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly! So if you can see me as possibly being evil for suggesting it, why wouldn't you want to discuss it more? I'm sure we could figure some things out, or at least get some suspicions if we have a decent discussion about it.

It's the same as the lynch no-lynch discussion. We have had it in nearly every single game. I'd say 75-80% of the people who play are pretty entrenched in their opinions on the matter. But does that mean we should discuss it? No, because we can still gain some information from the discussion.
This reminds me of the first game on the boards... TBW did the same thing.

I don't like this at all.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
It was not the initial proposal for me, it was your later reactions. You seemed to back away from claiming it once it got heat on it, then you proposed we lynch people hesitant to character reveal, when if the mafia was afforded a safeclaim, they would likely have no reason to be hesitant.
Well, I have never played in a game where character reveals are allowed, so I wasn't aware of how it worked out. That is the main reason why I never said "Let's all reveal out characters!" I only asked if we should discuss it. The fact that killxswitch doesn't even want to discuss such a plan is suspicious to me.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-06-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I have never played in a game where character reveals are allowed, so I wasn't aware of how it worked out. That is the main reason why I never said "Let's all reveal out characters!" I only asked if we should discuss it. The fact that killxswitch doesn't even want to discuss such a plan is suspicious to me.
There's not much discussion to be had. It's stupid and not going to happen. Not sure why you're so desperate to defend it.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:

There are valid points to the lynch/no-lynch discussion. And we may even hash that out again here since there's no time-limit. But I see no upside in all of us revealing our characters. Some are going to be clearly bad so those people are going to lie. And characters like Woody, Trex, and other prominent good characters would be painting targets on their backs.

Also (this is not to JR but rather everyone), why is it a given that mafia have been given this safeclaim? I've only been mafia one time in the Sesame St. game and there was no safeclaim.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Character revealing also was not allowed in the Sesame Street game. Character claiming was allowed in the LOTR game and put the mafia in a bad spot, so after the game there was talk that Comahan had suggested a way to remedy it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-06-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

So safeclaims would only be for games where character reveals are allowed. Ok.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

JR if you are into this idea of character revealing, how about you go first?

i done stole dis sig