Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah, I remember the play well enough without needing to watch. That was nearly 2 years ago though. Surely he's improved.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Ah, I remember the play well enough without needing to watch. That was nearly 2 years ago though. Surely he's improved.
I doubt it. I really really don't like him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow guys. I hope you watched that game. I will be rewatching it. One of the best regular season Colts games ever. Can't wait to re-watch it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelievable comeback. Still a lot to improve on, but I love the heart that this team showed.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Humbling defeat in Jersey today. Felt like after the over throw of Fleener in the 1st quarter, the offense never clicked all together again. Really miss Mathis today and Freeney is hobbling around pretty badly. Hughes played decent at times but he seems to have the knucklehead complex with him hitting guys after the whistle. The Colts are a far better home team than away squad so far with our lack of experience showing.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This can't possibly be right.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It wouldn't surprise me. Most of the pressure on Luck has come from the interior, and Castonzo is facing the toughest pass rushers.

Max I know you are not local so you may not have heard this, but Joe Staysniak (SP?) and Michael Grady have a mid-day sports talk show here in Indy. He said the other day he's been very impressed with Justice so far this season. Staysniak is a former NFL OLman so I trust his opinion more than most talking heads.

edit: Also, Justice has probably benefited from Dwayne Allen's help on the right side, whereas the most Castonzo usually gets is a chip from a RB.

If we get Chance Warmack in the draft I think our OL will start to look a lot better.

That said, I still would not mind taking a shot at Ryan Clady in free agency.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 10-19-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, if he has been good then I think we should sign him to extension.

He hasn't really looked impressive whenever I watched him.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugly wins count the same as pretty ones. Think the final defensive numbers vs Cleveland reflect how poor of an offense the Browns have more than anything. Granted the Colts also started a rookie QB + RB and rookie WRs played. We'll see if the team can carry the momentum onto a road trip for the first time this year as they head to Nashville next week.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team should be 4-2 right now staring at a playoff berth. ******* Cecil Shorts.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:35 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I'm pretty optimistic about this year. Granted, I didn't see the game. (College more than anything has robbed me of football it is sad.) I think we have a legitimate shot against the Titans, Phins, and Jags. It is a stretch, but if we pulled out wins in each of these games we could get a leg up on the wild card race. Maybe this is the homer in me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ravens getting ravaged by injuries kinda opens up things.

Neither East nor West looks very impressive either.

Still we can't win on the road. I doubt it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I hate to be a downer but until this team wins on the road I don't want any part of backing into the playoffs. We don't have the talent or the healthy bodies to go on the road and win even now, much less in the playoffs. Let's say we somehow luck into the playoffs, maybe with 8 wins. We would likely face the #3 ranked AFC team. That probably means the Patriots or Ravens. Do you really think we would stand a chance against either team on the road?

With all the holes on the roster and with so much free agency money coming up next year I don't want to screw up our draft slot so that we can get embarrassed in the playoffs. I have no interest in that at all. I'd rather get some good experience this year and really stock up on talent this offseason to make a big push next year.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-23-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we get 6 wins, that essentially puts us out of the running for one of the top defensive players (Lotulelei/Mingo/Jones etc). If there was one year I'd wish the Titans/Jaguars would get their act together, it'd be this one.

In other news, Chapman is getting on the practice field this week and Pagano has been released from the hospital.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If Chapman is the player we hope he is, how awesome would a front 3 of Redding, Chapman, and Lotulelei be?

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If Chapman is the player we hope he is, how awesome would a front 3 of Redding, Chapman, and Lotulelei be?
Lets be real we are going to end up with Robert Woods.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Lets be real we are going to end up with Robert Woods.
His stock is dropping like a rock this year.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the stat Andrew Luck is 32nd in completion percentage. Woof. Did not know that.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

Here's an article Luck's & RG3's stats: http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...al-comparison/

Quote:
Griffin ranks first in completion percentage while Luck ranks 32nd, but that has as much to do with the throws they’re asked to make as each quarterback’s accuracy. Luck‘s average pass attempt has traveled 10.2 yards past the line of scrimmage, the longest average pass distance in the league

And Luck’s long average pass distance isn’t simply a product of throwing lots of incomplete passes down the field. His average pass distance on completions is 8.6 yards past the line of scrimmage, also highest in the N.F.L.
Quote:
Casting Luck as a downfield thrower is true, but only half the story. Unlike many rookie quarterbacks, whether through design or lack of talent, Luck rarely has a running back as a checkdown option. According to Footballguys.com, Colts running backs have been targeted on just 7 percent of all Indianapolis passes, the lowest mark in the league. Conversely, Colts receivers have been targeted on 72 percent of Indianapolis attempts, the highest mark in the N.F.L.
Long story short, Luck is using his WRs more than any QB in the league, and therefore throwing longer attempts/completions. I'm not sure why they're not using RBs as receivers (aside from them dropping the ball so often), but I'm sure that would improve his completion percentage as well s reduce his pass length stats.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I read that too, good article. It doesn't knock Griffin at all, he's done well. But more is being asked of Luck. The Shanahans are making things easier for Griffin. I'd like to see our offense give Luck a few more high-completion throws per game.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Wow, road win. Crappy opponent, but still I didn't expect that.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Wow, road win. Crappy opponent, but still I didn't expect that.
Words hurt, kind sir. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Words hurt, kind sir. :(
Sorry dude.

But I think it's safe to say that neither Colts nor Titans are among AFC's best.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

I've got to agree with Max, neither team is really above average in any regard of football. Colts had some help with the refs on some flaky calls esp the phantom PI called on Britt that Powers caused. Powers has looked terrible the last three or four games and he was supposed be our best cover corner!

Feel like the team is outperforming it's own talent. Luck has played far beyond what I though was capable for a rookie. The endzone int and a few other plays were very rookie like. He's till got run for his life with our crummy o-line not blocking long enough but he never takes his eyes off from looking up field.

Area's we're set at imo:

QB - Luck should continue to progress the rest of the year. Hopefully over the next few years he learns not to chuck it in the endzone on missed reads. Backup QB seems ok with Staton for now though upgrades are always welcome.

WR - Reggie looks like he's 26 again, Hilton, Brazil, who are both blazing fast and Avery lead a group that's looking up.

TE: Allen is looking like a steal in the 3rd round and Fleener should improve a lot next year. I think looking as stats so far, you'd think Allen was the high 2nd rounder though.

RB - Brown looked servicable when he has some holes to run through and Vick Ballard has offered a spark the team hasn't had for many years. Delone Carter offers a little rumble into the mix. All are quite young and trending up.

ILB - Conner and Angerer and esp Freeman have played pretty well in a new scheme. What looked like a preseason area of concern is no longer.

Draft needs:

Interior O_Line help-I'm not yet convinced that Satele is much more than a middling center and neither of our guards would start for anyone else.

True 3-4 NT - Mookie has done ok for what's been asked of him but we need an actual nose tackle for the scheme to fully work.

Rush OLB - Let's face it, Freeney won't be back next year. Mathis is good but I think he's best served when opposing teams can't focus squarely on him. That's evidenced when both and Freeney were healthy at the same time. Freeney I think would be best served signing with a true cover 2 team such as the Bears or Vikes where he could either play on pass downs only. He was integral in winning the SB, but after this year it's time to part ways. He's been one of my favorite players for the past 10 years. Our lack of takeaways can be directly contributed to our lack of pass rush thus far.

SS - Zebs play has underwhelmed for most of the year excluding the 2nd half of the Packers game. Think we can see why he was a backup before hand.

CB - Ugh. This position looked weak in pre-seaon and at times doesn't look any better now going into week 9. Powers is slumping and the trade for knucklehead Davis from MIA is looking like a steal by the dolphins. On the whole, we're not giving up that many yards per game, but completion percentage vs is not glowing.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

I think this team could really use a deep threat WR in the Garcon role. With Mike Wallace potentially hitting free agency & Arians's past in Pittsburgh, that could make a lot of sense. Wallace paired with Reggie, Hilton, and our TEs, would this offense can be very scary. Though we'd need to get an O-lineman or two to finish the deal.