Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Not really. After those comments I'm rooting even harder for him to fail. What an asshole.
Apart from the jealous comment, he is 100% correct. Is he an asshole just because what he stated is true?
Old 08-18-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Agree.
He is in a pretty rough situation in Jax. I hope he does well. I saw nothing wrong with what he said.
Calling out fans for being jealous is asshole comment #1. Asshole comment #2 is him pontificating that he's only 1 of 32 guys who could do his job which also isn't true.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Apart from the jealous comment, he is 100% correct. Is he an asshole just because what he stated is true?
You know but it's not. He didn't deserve to be one of those 32 guys last year the way he played.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-18-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Blaine Gabbert is a douche, but he's from Mizzou so that isn't news to me! :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know but it's not. He didn't deserve to be one of those 32 guys last year the way he played.
He never said that. His point is that only 31 other qbs can do what he does. Does what Seattle had last year count as one of those 31? How about the colts, redskins, cardinals, etc.

His point is he is one of those 32, if you like it or not
Old 08-18-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He never said that. His point is that only 31 other qbs can do what he does. Does what Seattle had last year count as one of those 31? How about the colts, redskins, cardinals, etc.

His point is he is one of those 32, if you like it or not
That's great and all but if you suck at it I wouldn't be commenting about it. Whatever though if people want him to do well then so be it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-18-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Calling out fans for being jealous is asshole comment #1. Asshole comment #2 is him pontificating that he's only 1 of 32 guys who could do his job which also isn't true.
there are more than 32 starting NFL caliber QB's in the world?
According to most on here there might be 5.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
there are more than 32 starting NFL caliber QB's in the world?
By default but the number is probably less and he's not going to be one of them for long.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but, they couldn't do my job. And that's the truth. They can't do my job. There are 31 other guys that can do my job, and that's it."
Its really hard to put it in context, since we don't have audio for tone. But come on i'm sure there are a few college Qbs and guys drafted that could do his job, so that's not it. Can and Are, that wording shows what he meant. Then again I suck at grammar so what do i know.

but anyway he sucks.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nvm
Old 08-18-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...tantly-actions

It would be awesome if Gabbert proved everyone, including me, wrong.
that would be such a massive turnaround i just cant fathom it.

but lets hold off a little on him. i want to see him succeed in a real game where defensive coordinators are disguising coverage and blitzes before ill believe he may be anything but the coward he was.

Last edited by hockey619 : 08-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
That's great and all but if you suck at it I wouldn't be commenting about it. Whatever though if people want him to do well then so be it.
What else do you except a person who has trained practically his entire life to be a pro athlete say? This is excepted. It would be unexcepted for his to say something along the lines, "I've been doing this for ___ years and I still suck."

If he good or not to our standards is irrelevant. To the people coaching, and drafting him, he was and still is to the new coaching staff
Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Ha.

Lets be real here. Kevin Kolb was never going to be a superstar not how you felt before, check the sig but I'll be damned if he wasn't average in Philly. Put up 1776 yards in games where his primary target wasn't Chad Hall, 7.1 YPA, a 10:6 TD:INT ratio and a 63% completion percentage. numbers are lovely, but they dont mean crap. he stared down recievers uncontrollably in philly He did reasonably well in Philadelphia, surely you cannot deny that. he put up decent numbers in a very favorable system, but actually watching his play showed some serious flaws

But that wasn't my point, my point was that Kevin Kolb was never that scared of pressure in Philadelphia. He's gotten infinitely worse in that regard since joining the Cardinals. hes always felt phantom pressure, its just now hes also getting tons of real pressure too.

But like Broduer said, Andy's offense is extremely QB friendly and Andy masks flaws extremely well. He's like the Lane Kiffin of the NFL. I know that now thanks to AJ Feely, Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb. Lesson learned.
at least you can kind of sort of admit that buying kolb was a massive misjudgement. but hey the saving grace is, the cardinals did it too and gave him a ton of money to boot, so youre not the only one that andy reid hoodwinked yet again.

Last edited by hockey619 : 08-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
What else do you except a person who has trained practically his entire life to be a pro athlete say? This is excepted. It would be unexcepted for his to say something along the lines, "I've been doing this for ___ years and I still suck."

If he good or not to our standards is irrelevant. To the people coaching, and drafting him, he was and still is to the new coaching staff
Just say "I'm going to work hard to get better and you'll see improvements in my game. With those improvements I hope to show the people who doubted me were wrong." That's it end of story.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-18-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hopped on Gabbert's empty bandwagon earlier this offseason mainly because the hate was going wayyyy too far. Like, people calling him the worst QB in the league. I disliked him coming into the draft but now I'm rooting for him.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really. After those comments I'm rooting even harder for him to fail. What an asshole.
He's an asshole because people that have never played pro football were bitching at him about his play and he's calling those folks out?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabbert's go-to target last season was Mike Thomas, and he's now behind both Blackmon and Robinson. He didn't have much to work with while he only had about 4 weeks before the season started. I don't think we'll see a ton of improvement, but we have to give him a fair chance.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
an NFL QB who is cocky and full of himself? color me shocked.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could definitely understand how he is frustrated/angry about the things people say. He probably works very hard and always has, he just isn't performing well compared to his peers, which is a crazy hard standard to meet in the NFL.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

large pictures

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
an NFL QB who is cocky and full of himself? color me shocked.
we already have Phillip Rivers though we dont need Gabbert doing it
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP just absolutely manhandled Wayne Hunter. Time to see what Austin Howard can do, methinks.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
large pictures
why is Ryan Williams wearing socks on his forearms?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
JPP just absolutely manhandled Wayne Hunter. Time to see what Austin Howard can do, methinks.
It's not exactly a thing to highlight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure but he looks pretty ******* beastly

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote