Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
So who is then?

I could make an argument that Khaseem Greene has been a better LB this year than Te'o.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** that. Toby > Ingram forever. Gerhart was better that year, but Ingram was on a higher profile team. I think east coast bias is eh, but I believe it actually happened. Toby dominated games and the pace of play. 4 yard runs in the 1st quarter ground into 12 yard runs in the 4th. I wish more of Gerhart and Luck overlapped. I'm fully Ger-hard right now.

Coming up 2nd 3 years in a row sucked man. Cam clearly deserved his, but I would argue for Luck and Gerhart in the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So who is then?

Yeah, dude, I'm spamming because I think Stephon Tuitt is the better ND defensive player and that Jarvis Jones is a better linebacker. I'm not sure how I don't think a linebacker with two tackles for loss isn't the best in the country. So sorry about that.
SniperDosPuntoCero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDosPuntoCero View Post
Yeah, dude, I'm spamming because I think Stephon Tuitt is the better ND defensive player and that Jarvis Jones is a better linebacker. I'm not sure how I don't think a linebacker with two tackles for loss isn't the best in the country. So sorry about that.
Agreed. For a LB to win the Heisman he'd have to be 5x better than the next LB in college. There are plenty of guys on the same level as him and better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manti Te'o lol really? Clowney deserves it more than Manti.

Darren McFadden should of won it the year Troy Smith won it.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Manti Te'o lol really? Clowney deserves it more than Manti.

Darren McFadden should of won it the year Troy Smith won it.
Yeah, but Clowney doesn't play for the undefeated media darling, either.

Defensive players who have been more dominant than Manti Te'o off the top of my head in no order: Jadeveon Clowney, Stephon Tuitt, Jarvis Jones, Jordan Poyer, Will Sutton, Dee Milliner, Kawann Short. Again, that's off the top of my head.

Last edited by SniperDosPuntoCero : 10-18-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Tuitt is a monster. Te'o has really impressed me this year (I thought he was really overrated the previous two years), but I agree with Sniper that Tuitt is the best player on that defense.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Notre Dame's website lists him as having 6.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks... do sacks count toward his TFL (and therefor account for all of them) or are they separate statistics?
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

CFBstats has him with 2 TFL and 0 sacks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Notre Dame's website lists him as having 6.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks... do sacks count toward his TFL (and therefor account for all of them) or are they separate statistics?
ND's website has the same thing. You must be looking at last year?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
CFBstats has him with 2 TFL and 0 sacks.
I was referring to Tuitt, not Te'o
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I was referring to Tuitt, not Te'o
Sorry about that. Sacks do count as TFL though. He has the same amount of yards lost in sacks as he does TFL. I don't think that's a coincidence.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

Yeah, in college, sacks are TFLs.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDosPuntoCero View Post
T'eo has some Luke Kuechley-esque stat padding going on this year.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with Klein's 7 TD performance over Geno Smith(who had 2 INTs on the day), does Klein become the new frontrunner?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So with Klein's 7 TD performance over Geno Smith(who had 2 INTs on the day), does Klein become the new frontrunner?
Well it's obvious at this point Geno is just another system QB, so he has no business being in the discussion at all. If these were games that were lost like 49-45 or 55-42. it would be one thing, but each time he's played a real defense he's been embarrassed. Now I really wish WV had cancelled the game earlier this season.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Smith is a just a 'system' QB, he happens to play in an offensive system at WVU that's been figured out. It was like TT and K-State knew all the routes being run by WVU WRs and never bit on the option runs.
BTW
K-State is a really good football team, possibly one of the top 4 teams in the BCS.

That said, the Heisman IMO is Klein's to lose. If K-State finishes the regular season undefeated I think he wins it in a walk.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I don't think Smith is a just a 'system' QB, he happens to play in an offensive system at WVU that's been figured out. It was like TT and K-State knew all the routes being run by WVU WRs and never bit on the option runs.
BTW
K-State is a really good football team, possibly one of the top 4 teams in the BCS.

That said, the Heisman IMO is Klein's to lose. If K-State finishes the regular season undefeated I think he wins it in a walk.
TT and KSU kept everything in front of them and tackled WVU receivers once they got they ball. Other teams did not have the talent or the coaching to have their defenders tackle in space. ESPN CFB Final put a stat up that Smith in the last two losses is 2-23 on passes of 15 yds +. WVU has a few challenges left and could potentially lose the next 4 games.

I think Smith is very much a system QB - when things were going good within the system and things were going WVU's way it was easy to heap praise upon Smith yet he has not seemed to handle the adversity particularly well - throwing chairs and not keeping his composure on the sideline. Just think Cam Netwon's non-composure on the sidelines this season - it will have an effect on the draft process. The victory at Texas is becoming less impressive as the weeks go on seeing that their defense is absolute garbage - Smith has not got it done against good defenses.

It was great to see a very well coached and well balanced team on both sides of the ball completely dominate one of the hyped up offenses of college football.

That said Klein leapfrogged Smith as the Heisman frontrunner and did it in remarkable fashion in a head to head matchup.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heisman Trophy: Awarded to the nations most outstanding Big 12 QB with pretty stats.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Heisman Trophy: Awarded to the nations most outstanding Big 12 QB with pretty stats.
I wouldn't say Klein has the prettiest stats. He is a great competitor and leader with intangibles that also make him a good heisman candidate.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Klein has 24 total touchdowns and quarterbacks the nation's #4 team. I don't think there's a player in the nation more important to an undefeated/1-loss team (because that has become a requirement barring some unreal stats)
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Klein had another 4 TD outing vs TT. Really solidifying his position going into the home stretch.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Klein has 24 total touchdowns and quarterbacks the nation's #4 team. I don't think there's a player in the nation more important to an undefeated/1-loss team (because that has become a requirement barring some unreal stats)
It is hard to argue against Klein but a case could be made for Braxton Miller using that criteria.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing devil's advocate here as I have a strong rooting interest in Klein to win it, but why not McCarron? He's got 0 interceptions and is the best offensive player on the best team in the country.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
It is hard to argue against Klein but a case could be made for Braxton Miller using that criteria.
This is a pretty good point showing how the Bowl ban might have some influence.

But Klein has had signature wins whereas Miller hasn't.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote