Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 08-23-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game Discussion: Preseason #3 @ Cincinnati

The Bengals are a good opponent to go against with our starters seeing extended time. Obviously, like all the other preseason games, the #1 goal is to remain healthy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Bengals are a good opponent to go against with our starters seeing extended time. Obviously, like all the other preseason games, the #1 goal is to remain healthy.
Yes thats all that matters. Hopefully we look good in the process as well, can't wait!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we get to see Jarrett Boykin work with the starters at some point during the game. Borel has been banged up during the preseason while having shown upside in practices prior and Gurley hasn't done anything to this point to earn a spot, and if this team is to keep a 6th wide receiver I don't see why Boykin can't be a part of the discussion.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good start so far!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I really love this Benson signing already. Dude looks legit and much better then what we got.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-23-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I really love this Benson signing already. Dude looks legit and much better then what we got.
Benson showed some nice things tonight...he possesses such good patience and hits the hole north to south...with our offense and how we love to air it out, he should stay relatively fresh all year

Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I like Borel but dropping a simple pass on a crossing pattern on 3rd down is a good way to not make the squad

Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

our second offense, outside of receivers/tight ends, is pathetic

Old 08-23-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Lattimore with a nice play!

Old 08-23-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Harrell looked bad again but the blocking usually is pretty pathetic for him.

I don't see the Packers keeping 6 WRs. They haven't shown anything... I could see them keeping an extra LB or D-Line instead.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

I just finished watching the game here r my thoughts. I really like Benson he had a bunch of good runs and I think he's goin to be our starting rb when the season starts. A rod didn't impress me with his arm but his with his feet having a couple of rushing tds. Def played solid keeping cincy s first team to 9 points. Clay was getting huge pressure when he was in there. Overall better game then last week. I can't wait for the fukin season to start
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry looked good. He's still raw(obviously) but you can already see his immense strength/power. Once he gets the techniques down pat and fine tunes his craft as a pass rusher, I think he'll be a real good one

Saw him a few times just completely push the RT back into the QB and he collapsed the pocket a couple of times

Benson looked strong. Color me surprised. Stayed patient in waiting for the OLIneman to open up some holes rather than just running into the back of them, which is something we have seen far too often with the latest crop of RB's in GB lately. Busted off a few 8+ yard runs. That's all they need from that position...just some competency.

Starting Dline generated some good push and they had an impressive goal line stand that resulted in a sack to set up a FG by Cincy. Very encouraging to see

The main concern is the OL, more specifically their depth. The starting OL was fine for the most part. Saturday had that really bad whiff on the Rodgers sack up the middle. Newhouse looked a bit rusty early on but settled in nicely(still not completely sold on him, though). With that said, the 2nd OL was absolutely pitiful and has been pitiful all preseason. If any of the starters on the OL go down, things will get pretty dicey. Harrell hasn't played too good but he also hasn't really had time to do anything. He's been running for his life quite often. Not much of any depth here. Sherrod likely to be placed on PUP. It's just not good
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things I liked;

Nick Perry - He looks legit. People questioned his functional strength coming into the draft and he looks like a bull out there. When he learns to combine that with his freakish speed he'll be an absolute force. Teams with lackluster RTs, and there are a LOT, are going to have to account for him.. which is going to open up things for Clay.

Cedric Benson - Clearly the best runner on our roster not named Rodgers (ha..ha..) I like how compact he is and willing to take what's there. He's not a home run hitter but he'll gouge defenses that drop into deep safety looks and that's really all we need.

Heyward - Sure, he gave up a TD but he is a playmaker and I like the look of him. House is still a superior coverman but Heyward has likely pushed Bush into the 4th or 5th CB role.. and Bush as a number 4 or 5 cornerback is rather impressive depth.

What I didn't like;

The Entire Backup Oline - Wow. They all look terrible. This is a huge area of concern and I'm not sure what options we have here. Our starting OLine is stout but there will be injuries and I'm not anywhere close to sold on any of our backups. Sherrod is probably the best and he doesn't seem to be coming back from that injury anytime soon and who knows if he'll be limited when he does come back. This is our new biggest area of concern.

All our fringe-roster WRs - It certainly appears that we'll just go with 5 WRs on the roster. Obviously this isn't a problem, really, but it would have been nice if one of those guys had stepped up as a future #4 or #5. Driver is gone after this year and I think we'd like to get rid of Jones... but all 3 of the fringe WRs look very mediocre.

Rodgers Running - We need to figure out how to attack this 2/3 deep look people will be giving us all year long and Rodgers running the ball is not the best option.. ESPECIALLY in the preseason. I would have liked to see us play with different ways of attacking it through the air when the game doesn't count rather than Rodgers risking it. Then again,I'm sure McCarthy would have, too, but we all know that Rodgers is a rebel.

Overall things looked much better this game. Our defense looked much more akin to 2010 than 2011, applying consistent pressure and getting in position for takeaways. Then again, it was against a fairly stagnant offense missing two of it's pivotal players.
Our offense looks in 2011 form. That's a nice combination.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Rodgers running is scary.... BUT I didnt/dont have any problem with it, as long as its like last night because he wasn't even touched on any of the runs.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher