Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Anyway I'm leaving for the game now. Enjoy the game everyone.
Wish I could be leaving for the game! Jealous!!!

Don't buy expensive food at the stadium. You'll be throwing it up! hahaha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
WHAT?

what anti-hype? Saying a ROOKIE corner might struggle against a top 5 WR duo and top 5 QB IN HIS FIRST GAME

come on, D. Has parenthood worn you down and made you this delusional? I don't see what's so wrong about that sentiment.

And you're starting Barry Church at safety, are you not? sorry if he doesn't scare me. that's not "downplaying him", he's just a mediocre safety.
Poi-fect!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We're discussing the game tonight right? I'd have no problems if you brought up our banged up corners or how the line tonight scares me. Usually one points out the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing team while doing so. I didn't realize I was so out of line pointing out stuff like that.
It was more in regards to you saying you were sick of people saying the secondary was improved, more so then discussing of the game. I never said you were out of line, just that some of those points were stretches at best. None the less, enjoy the game, it's going to be a long *** week for the losers so nobody is really looking forward to that lol.

And D, I haven't seen that poi pic in ages lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It was more in regards to you saying you were sick of people saying the secondary was improved, more so then discussing of the game. I never said you were out of line, just that some of those points were stretches at best. None the less, enjoy the game, it's going to be a long *** week for the losers so nobody is really looking forward to that lol.

And D, I haven't seen that poi pic in ages lol.
Don't want to get anyone's panties in a bunch, but I definitely think it would be a longer week for the Cowboys if they lose. You guys need this win more than we do. Just for the psyche of the team and the owner.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Don't want to get anyone's panties in a bunch, but I definitely think it would be a longer week for the Cowboys if they lose. You guys need this win more than we do. Just for the psyche of the team and the owner.
Very true. And the city of Dallas as a whole overreacts a whole lot more. That said, I think it would be in the way we lost also. If we blow another 4th qt lead I won't listen to sports talk for the next 10 days. There are numerous ways we can lose, but that 1 would have a greater effect IMO as everyone(players included) will feel like it's 2011 all over again, and nobody will ever have any confidence playing with a lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait a minute...do Dallas fans really think the Giants aren't going to score 49 on them tonight?...The ****?...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Dallas357
Rookie

Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dallas357 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a fan of the team that loses tonight would really suck to me. Not only are you 0-1 with a divisional loss, this game is all they'll talk about thursday and friday. You'll be up not able to sleep replaying in your head the one play that changed the game. There are hardly any games at all worth a damn for college on saturday, sunday you aren't playing. And when my team loses i just can't enjoy the following games near as much. Then you have monday night, and then thursday night. An 11 day wait til sunday week 2. Then they forget to add blue cheese to your wing order. Seems like a long wait. Maybe that's just me tho.
Dallas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was the last time the SB winner lost on opening night? I don't think Ive ever seen it. I hope Dez starts his 1400 yard, 12 TD year tonight for my fantasy teams sake but in the end I'd put my money on the Giants. Also, I hope Nicks poops all over this super improved secondary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 09-05-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it sunny at East Rutherford? Freaking pouring in South Jersey now. All day long bad T storms. But on NFL network on their live shot the weather looks good actually.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
When was the last time the SB winner lost on opening night? I don't think Ive ever seen it. I hope Dez starts his 1400 yard, 12 TD year tonight for my fantasy teams sake but in the end I'd put my money on the Giants. Also, I hope Nicks poops all over this super improved secondary.
Have you been reading this thread? The Dallas secondary is not improved at all! Our best guy hasn't played in this system before and on the opposite side is some smuck rookie who is wet behind the ears.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what sucks? I still feel satisfied. Like the new season hasn't hit me yet. I almost feel like we could go 2-14 this season and it wouldn't really bother me.

I wonder how long this feeling will last. Probably the first Dallas TD or first INT by the Giants will wipe that feeling out.

But for now, 4 hours before kickoff, I feel satisfied. I hope the Giants don't feel the same way. I'm worried though. I don't know if they'll have that same fire and passion that Dallas will have. Dallas needs this a lot more than we do.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perhaps true, but I still am weary until I see Cruz and our WRs do their thing. I want to see Wilson catch the ball. Who covers him coming out of the backfield? I want to see him shine actually. Eli, throw to wilson! Do it! do it!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys 31, Giants 21

Romo: 24-32, 256 yds, 2 TDs
Murray: 19 carries, 132 yds, 2 TDs
Bryant: 5 catches, 121 yds, 1 TD

Manning: 21-35, 302 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INT
Nicks: 6 catches, 81 yds, 1 TD
Bradshaw: 12 carries, 40 yds
Wilson: 8 carries, 65 yds, 1 TD

If literally everyone did this someone would get one thing correct or at least ridiculously close...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Perhaps true, but I still am weary until I see Cruz and our WRs do their thing. I want to see Wilson catch the ball. Who covers him coming out of the backfield? I want to see him shine actually. Eli, throw to wilson! Do it! do it!
You must be thrilled that the Giants got an offensive player with their first pick! Happy for you.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You must be thrilled that the Giants got an offensive player with their first pick! Happy for you.
Oh dude, it made his dick rock hard. Guaranteed.

This offseason he's gonna be begging for OL. And me being the ying to his yang, will be begging for a CB, DT or a DE.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well they haven't had a Super Bowl winner lose yet at home during the first game of the season.

But they have had a home loser since the NFL started it's Thursday Night kickoff back in 2002. It was the Giants losing against the 49ers. The NFL didn't have the Super Bowl winner start hosting the first game of the season until 2004 I believe.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think theres a good chance the streak ends tonight. The Cowboys are no easy victory. I expect us to win and hope we win, but it won't shock me if we lose.

Hopefully the energy from the crowd fires up the team and they play with some emotion. I'm a little worried that this team has been coasting a little since TC started.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think theres a good chance the streak ends tonight. The Cowboys are no easy victory. I expect us to win and hope we win, but it won't shock me if we lose.

Hopefully the energy from the crowd fires up the team and they play with some emotion. I'm a little worried that this team has been coasting a little since TC started.
Well since every Super Bowl winning team wins opening night and then never repeats, maybe it is best that we lose. Haha.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Haha, i'll take that trade.

But I'd hate to lose opening night to start the season.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the Giants are going to have a really good season. Around 11-5 or 12-4 and have become a much better team since last year. Not sure why everyone has Philadelphia winning the NFC East with Vick always getting hurt. Reid has had a fantastic run, but I just don't see it this year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys 31, Giants 21

Romo: 24-32, 256 yds, 2 TDs
Murray: 19 carries, 132 yds, 2 TDs
Bryant: 5 catches, 121 yds, 1 TD

Manning: 21-35, 302 yds, 2 TDs, 3 INT
Nicks: 6 catches, 81 yds, 1 TD
Bradshaw: 12 carries, 40 yds
Wilson: 8 carries, 65 yds, 1 TD

If literally everyone did this someone would get one thing correct or at least ridiculously close...
I love you if Demarco Murray does this

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha 19 carries 132 yards. Yeah ******* right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GO 49ERS BEAT THEM PACKERS!!!SUPER BOWL RUN.Here we go !
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Hahaha 19 carries 132 yards. Yeah ******* right.
Not out of the question if some of those yards come off catches.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks will start 7th round pick J.R.Sweezy at RG. Best part is that he hasn't played OL since the start of high school. He was a DT at NC State. Been great all preseason and just a fantastic story.