Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Question about Green Bay's Pick at 16

Let's assume Green Bay does not trade up or down, and that Lynch and Peterson are off the board.

Do you guys think Green Bay will take Greg Olsen at 16? Or are you more focused on a WR at this point?

I am making a mock, and am so tempted to put Robert Meachem to the Packers at 16.

Thoughts?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I answed you in the discussion thread.

Quote:
I'm really thinking that we wouldn't do either. I really don't want a TE in the first round. We can get someone later in the draft and TT should be able to find one. Is it a need, yes. Is it a need that warrents the #16 pick, no. Going in with Franks, Lee, and a 2-5 round TE would be fine. i'd rather get more value in the first.

As for WR, we talk a lot about getting Moss, which I would love to happen, but if we don't I'm not sure we go WR in the first. Most of the players I like that were in our range earlier have moved up(Landry, Okoye, etc.). If we could get either of those two or Lynch that would be the pick. If not the next best thing would be to move down in the mid 20s and get Griffin while picking up more picks. If that's not possible I guess Nelson, eventhough i'm not a fan. Mrachem would be next followed by Olsen. In no way do I want Ginn.
Just my quick thoughts.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that now. Thanks

I think Green Bay has to go offense in round one. I agree that Ginn is not a good choice for them. I can just imagine Favre shaking his head in disbelief as Ginn continually messes up his routes.

I think Olsen is a good pick, but I can see why you would want to go in another direction.

I did a co-mock with Scotty D a week ago and we had GB taking Olsen in the first, and Antonio Pittman in the 2nd . . . what do you guys think of this?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I saw that now. Thanks

I think Green Bay has to go offense in round one. I agree that Ginn is not a good choice for them. I can just imagine Favre shaking his head in disbelief as Ginn continually messes up his routes.

I think Olsen is a good pick, but I can see why you would want to go in another direction.

I did a co-mock with Scotty D a week ago and we had GB taking Olsen in the first, and Antonio Pittman in the 2nd . . . what do you guys think of this?
Not a big fan of Antonio Pittman, I would prefer Tony Hunt. One person I am very intrigued by in round 2, even though it may be a reach, is WR Aundrae Allison.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Not a big fan of Antonio Pittman, I would prefer Tony Hunt. One person I am very intrigued by in round 2, even though it may be a reach, is WR Aundrae Allison.
Didn't Hunt run a slow 40 time? I think the middle of round 2 might be a reach for him.

If you want a 2nd round receiver, then who do you take in round one? Reggie Nelson?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't Hunt run a slow 40 time? I think the middle of round 2 might be a reach for him.

If you want a 2nd round receiver, then who do you take in round one? Reggie Nelson?
Probably and then RB in round 3

Old 03-31-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We're not drafting him to play track
I would like Olsen in the 1st or Nelson, WR would only be a 3rd option for me

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I saw that now. Thanks

I agree that going offense would be better, even though I listed like all defense. The thing is there aren't many offensive players that I like around our pick. There is Lynch but if he is gone all that is left for first round offense is Olsen and WRs.

After RB there is no position that needs an upgrade more than the others. S, WR, TE and DT would be the other positions that we could go. Which one I'm not sure of.

With safety we have Manual who is not as bad as we make him seem and he could be a starter again. Behind him we have Underwood who as you might have guessed I absolutely love. I would really like to give him a chance and think he could be a starter if not this year in the future. There are few safeties I would want in the draft. Landry I would take right away if given the chance. Griffin with the trade down would be ok also. Nelson I don't like but him and Merriwether(not in the first) could be considered but I'd rather not. After that there is no safety I would draft.

At WR we do have Driver and Jennings as our 1 and 2. I would prefer to not use it for a guy to come and be a #3. 3rd WRs can be found in later rounds.

TE is a need but I've already explained why I don't want one.

DT while not a huge need could help out the defense. The only reason I put this was for Okoye, although he looks to be more of a sure thing to be gone than Lynch. I would consider Tyler at the appropriate pick though that looks to be early second. Williams and Cole can combine to make the side next to Pickett, So as you see there aren't many options to go.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

For WR I want Meachem then Bowe then Jarret. I don't like Nelson but he might be the option we are stuck with. I'm starting to warm up to him a bit, but still far from my first choice.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Love it or hate it, I am strongly considering Robert Meachem to the Packers in my next mock. Reggie Nelson and Greg Olsen are also available, but I just can't see them going defense in round one (especially since Nelson is supposedly slipping a bit). Olsen makes a lot of sense for GB, but you guys seem to be against it.

Toss Up: Greg Olsen or Robert Meachem at 16? All things aside, just answer the question.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Love it or hate it, I am strongly considering Robert Meachem to the Packers in my next mock. Reggie Nelson and Greg Olsen are also available, but I just can't see them going defense in round one (especially since Nelson is supposedly slipping a bit). Olsen makes a lot of sense for GB, but you guys seem to be against it.

Toss Up: Greg Olsen or Robert Meachem at 16? All things aside, just answer the question.
There are actually quite a few that like Olsen in the first. I''m not one of them though.

Meachem
Old 03-31-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I tend to think that Favre would love to have a stud TE again. He hasn't had one since Mark Chmura . . . except maybe one year by Bubba Franks . . .
Old 03-31-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

Greg Olsen runs a 40 in the 4.4s and with a LB covering him he could make some big plays compare to a rookie wideout against a corner

Old 03-31-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Olsen
You said it yourself, Favre likes his TE's. TE's also develop faster.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen numerous places that they are focusing more on floor, rather than ceiling players. This makes me think they'll stay away from projects like Ginn and Olsen. I still think secondary will be the pick if they don't look at runningback and will take a guy like Leon Hall (though I think Hall will slip into the top 10 to the suprise of many), Darrelle Revis (who I've got at 13 to St.Louis), Reggie Nelson (a little high IMO), or Chris Houston. With all that said, I think Lynch is the pick.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I've seen numerous places that they are focusing more on floor, rather than ceiling players. This makes me think they'll stay away from projects like Ginn and Olsen. I still think secondary will be the pick if they don't look at runningback and will take a guy like Leon Hall (though I think Hall will slip into the top 10 to the suprise of many), Darrelle Revis (who I've got at 13 to St.Louis), Reggie Nelson (a little high IMO), or Chris Houston. With all that said, I think Lynch is the pick.
CB in the first would be stupid. We just signed a guy who will compete to be #3(Frank Walker) w/ Patrick Dendy. Woodson and Harris played great this year. CB shouldnt show up till early day 2

Old 03-31-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
If they could secondary it would be a safety because there is no reason to take a 1st round corner with Harris and Woodson. I really don't know where you think Greg Olsen is a project b/c he's always had the physical ability but the QB play at Miami has absolutely sucked since he had gotten there. I would go Olsen and help out that offense.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Dwayne Jarrett will be the pick then, I believe.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Olsen easily. We're not as bad at WR as everybody makes us out to be, and I don't think it's something we need to address in the 1st. Basically all we need is a speed guy to stretch the defense.

I think Olsen is pretty much on par with the Miami TE's that have come out recently and would make the biggest impact on our offense. I actually think he may be a bit underrated because of the terrible QB's he played with. His athleticism, speed, and hands are right their with Shockey & Winslow and he may even be a better blocker than both of them.

This is all if Lynch and Landry are off the board of course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Olsen easily. We're not as bad at WR as everybody makes us out to be, and I don't think it's something we need to address in the 1st. Basically all we need is a speed guy to stretch the defense.

I think Olsen is pretty much on par with the Miami TE's that have come out recently and would make the biggest impact on our offense. I actually think he may be a bit underrated because of the terrible QB's he played with. His athleticism, speed, and hands are right their with Shockey & Winslow and he may even be a better blocker than both of them.

This is all if Lynch and Landry are of the board of course....
I have read nowhere where Green Bay is interested in Olsen, and you have to remember that Green Bay has already had a issue with Olsen's agent with another receiving threat.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would want Olsen at 16 if Lynch and Landry are gone. I would rather not take a receiver in the first, unless we trade down.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I would want Olsen at 16 if Lynch and Landry are gone. I would rather not take a receiver in the first, unless we trade down.
I feel the same way! :)

Old 03-31-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If they could secondary it would be a safety because there is no reason to take a 1st round corner with Harris and Woodson. I really don't know where you think Greg Olsen is a project b/c he's always had the physical ability but the QB play at Miami has absolutely sucked since he had gotten there. I would go Olsen and help out that offense.
Both guys are over 30. Corners are not long for this world. Not to mention that Woodson probably projects to safety better.

As for Frank Walker (previous post) I'd answer that but I haven't gotten up off the floor from laughing yet.

Olsen is a project because what is he? He's not a pure tight-end and I think anyone that tries to use him as such will do so at their own peril. It's actually unfortunate (well not for me cause I don't like the Packers) that they got rid of David Martin because he would be a good person to pair with Olsen. I don't think he can block in the box and they will need to find creative ways to get him off the line because most DE's could probably knock him on his ass as soon as the play starts.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Im hopeing we dont use Olsen to block and keep Bubba for that reason. Im not saying we wont draft a CB, but I think it can wait till day 2.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im hopeing we dont use Olsen to block and keep Bubba for that reason. Im not saying we wont draft a CB, but I think it can wait till day 2.
If we draft Olsen it would be for him to be an intrigual part of the passing game