Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE this mock.

1. Geno Smith QB WVU. Some like Tyler Wilson. Either is fine.

2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State

3. Datone Jones DE UCLA

3. (comp pick for Carr)-DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

4. Vince Williams ILB FSU

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be awesome except I don't think either of Jones or Swearinger will be there in the 3rd.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright, it's time for me to prepare for the worst. obviously, QB is the #1 need for the Chiefs. there happens to be very few prognosticators willing to mock a QB @ #1. This post is about those other players and which one (if any) make sense.

1) Luke Joeckel is a popular mock. I just don't see it. #1 OR isn't a need. Yes, Albert is a FA. He can be franchised twice and wants to sign a big long term deal in KC. At no point does he want to move to OG. that would cost him a substantial amount of money over the rest if his career. I doubt Dorsey and Reid are looking to not re-sign a known top 10 LT and replace him with an unknown commodity, or move him to OG and lose him after next year. in every way picking Joeckel doesn't make sense for the Chiefs. having said that, he is definitely worth the #1 overall pick and could be the player another team covets to facilitate a trade.

2) Star Lotulelei is another top prospect. he isnt as popular being mocked @ #1 as Luke, but he does hold some positional value. now, his case for the Chiefs is kinda weak. #1 we drafted a NT in the 1st last year. #2 we have a lot of premium picks devoted to dline already. i know Dorsey is a FA and isnt likely to re-sign, but that should be the only major loss. TJax should renegotiate at a much lower cost or he to will be gone. Star could move and play the 5 tech. maybe Sutton will call a more aggressive game plan that will fit Stars abilities a little more. i dont exactly see the Ngata comparisons, but many have made them. if Ngata is his ceiling, then he could be worthy of #1.

3) Dee Milliner. i know what you are thinking. give me a second to explain. he is the best player @ his position and is a position of need. i do not feel that Dee is worthy of #1 overall and i dont feel that CB has positional value @ #1. however, i feel that way about most if the non-QB options this year. imo, Dee could be more helpful to this team than Luke or Star. he plays a premium position that we need help with. remember, we play Denver, SD and Oaklands passing game twice a year. we all saw how much help Flowers and Berry needed.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we decide to pass on Geno (or another QB) I'd prefer we went Star. I'm not a fan of Joeckel, even if Albert walks. And I'm not a big fan of Dee either.. I think he's a tad overrated.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs are passing on a QB, than there should really only be 2 players considered. I think Branden Albert should be priority number 1 this offseason, get him inked long term ASAP. At that point Joeckel gets deemphasized. I like Star, a lot, but I don't like him at a 5 tech, so unless the Chiefs are lying and switching a 4-3 base defense I don't see him being the guy. Star gets deemphasized.

Now I'm looking for the most explosive players in the draft, and in my mind there are 2 players that jump out: Jarvis Jones and Cordarelle (sp?) Patterson. Jarvis' production and athleticism excite me, and I could easily see him playing the Will in a 4-3 or even moving inside next to DJ in a 3-4. A lot of things you could do to increase the flexibility of the defense with Jarvis added to the mix, however, since the Chiefs have 2 pass rushers (should be good with 3, but maybe not 1st overall) Jarvis gets deemphasized.

So we look at Patterson. Raw as far as routes and I haven't seen his blocking, but from what I've seen there isn't a player in the draft this year that puts together his combination of size and athleticism. Unreal cutting ability and I see enough wiggle in his hips to show me that he can run routes effectively. The Chiefs need some explosiveness out of the receiving corps, even if Bowe comes back, and Patterson has the highest ceiling of any receiver in the draft.

If the Chiefs don't pick a QB, they should take Patterson.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People want to talk about reaching on a QB, but drafting Patterson would be a ridiculous reach. I haven't seen him anywhere near the top 10 in pretty much any mock yet.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
People want to talk about reaching on a QB, but drafting Patterson would be a ridiculous reach. I haven't seen him anywhere near the top 10 in pretty much any mock yet.
I don't know if he'll go number 1, but I believe he is going to test off the charts at the Combine and wind up going top 10 overall.

Also, I still think the Chiefs should be "reaching" for Tyler Wilson. Still think he's the best quarterback in this draft, I like his junior film better than Geno's senior film, and I'm willing to dismiss Wilson's senior season as a result of massive program instability and the graduation of 3 NFL receivers.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Geno had some pretty good junior film too ya know. :)

Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Geno had some pretty good junior film too ya know. :)
Yeah but I like how Wilson played against superior competition. I guess I wouldn't be too mad if Geno were the pick, but the Chiefs should be picking the best player or best QB available, and neither is Geno.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why, but I like Tyler Wilson alot. Probably better than Geno. Wilson's throwing motion reminds me of Kapernicks. I'm sure this Jockel guy is legit and will be in the Hall of fame, but I might punch a baby kitten if he's wearing KC red and yellow come next season.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heads up for those in KC.Geno will be on the Danny Parkins show around 12:30 tommorow
Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought about this. It seems that the media(and Dorsey for that matter) stated it'd be hard to justify taking a QB at number one. What are the chances of a trade down(with the eagles in my example) for Nick Foles(who if Reid loves enough to trade for is good enough for me, although I hate blindly trusting the higher ups, it's burned me with Pioli and I even have a stupid name bc of it...Thanks Herm). We still have a shot to land a big time defensive stud(Milner? IDK I haven't been following as closely as i usually do).

Also, we could probably double up in the second round with whoever is left(Barkley, Wilson, etc) and have our QB situation solved essentially.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I just vomited in my mouth.

We have gone through these last two years just to have another garage sale quarterback have we? I really don't care who the Chiefs think is the best QB in this draft, I just want them to draft THAT guy and not trade a high draft choice (even if it is a swap) to pick up some guy another team doesn't want any more. Roll the dice, John!

People are making much too much of Dorsey's responses to questions. Honestly, do you think he's going to tell you, me or Kevin Kietzman his detailed plans for the draft? Any GM that would do that should be fired on the spot. Besides he has also said that he considers the interviews VERY important in evaluating a QB and they haven't conducted interviews yet.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mat, i totally agree with you and vidae. John isnt saying anything in Feb of any substance. he sure the hell isnt giving out his draft board or draft plan to the afternoon drive sports talk show host. hes saying the things that give the #1 pick the most value to him and every other team. he is saying exactly what he needs to.

all i am doing is evaluating all my options. i dont want another Tyson Jackson pick and me unprepared for a particular prospect. we need a QB and thats my #1 target, but i like how Star, Patterson and Milliner fit onto this team (Milliner & Patterson not so much @ #1).
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Mat, i totally agree with you and vidae. John isnt saying anything in Feb of any substance. he sure the hell isnt giving out his draft board or draft plan to the afternoon drive sports talk show host. hes saying the things that give the #1 pick the most value to him and every other team. he is saying exactly what he needs to.

all i am doing is evaluating all my options. i dont want another Tyson Jackson pick and me unprepared for a particular prospect. we need a QB and thats my #1 target, but i like how Star, Patterson and Milliner fit onto this team (Milliner & Patterson not so much @ #1).
That's what I like about the Chiefs forum on Draftcountdown, a small island of sanity in a sea of craziness. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a forum mock on a different site and I was randomly assigned KC. Basically...well, the epic values I got speak for themselves:

1. Geno Smith, QB, West Virgina
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
3. Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
4. Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
5. Kyle Long, OT/OG, Oregon
6. TJ McDonald, S, Southern California
7. Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

Don't get your hopes up. The sheer stupidity of those 31 other people is crazy unrealistic, but feel free to worship me as a minor deity or whatever.

Last edited by Monomach : 02-20-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Ok, speaking of tyson jackson, wouldn't it be the same thing with Geno Smith if he's a consensus End of Round 1 prospect? I'm not saying "don't draft a QB high this year" I'm just saying, if theres a big time prospect(Star and Poe would be pretty sweet this year, couldn't even imagine handling that in a 4-6 def) although CB would be a bigger need and Milner fits quite nicely there) and double down with a Geno or Wilson. I guess I don't see what's wrong with knocking out both our biggest needs and reloading(with legit talent) by our first two picks.

I can see your point mat about these garage sale QB's. But I think it's a little different in this setting with Foles. He'd go into the same system that reid has so his production shouldn't be an issue. Same with Cassel when Weis was in town. That and we'd still be getting a franchise QB(hopefully).
Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Had a forum mock on a different site and I was randomly assigned KC. Basically...well, the epic values I got speak for themselves:

1. Geno Smith, QB, West Virgina
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
3. Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
4. Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
5. Kyle Long, OT/OG, Oregon
6. TJ McDonald, S, Southern California
7. Joe Kruger, DE, Utah

Don't get your hopes up. The sheer stupidity of those 31 other people is crazy unrealistic, but feel free to worship me as a minor deity or whatever.
That would be pretty spectacular. I don't like Geno but I like the position, and I think Margus needs to go to a 4-3 team, don't see him being able to leverage well enough to succeed in a 3-4. Reddick, Long, McDonald, Kruger would be fantastic.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Ok, speaking of tyson jackson, wouldn't it be the same thing with Geno Smith if he's a consensus End of Round 1 prospect? I'm not saying "don't draft a QB high this year" I'm just saying, if theres a big time prospect(Star and Poe would be pretty sweet this year, couldn't even imagine handling that in a 4-6 def) although CB would be a bigger need and Milner fits quite nicely there) and double down with a Geno or Wilson. I guess I don't see what's wrong with knocking out both our biggest needs and reloading(with legit talent) by our first two picks.

I can see your point mat about these garage sale QB's. But I think it's a little different in this setting with Foles. He'd go into the same system that reid has so his production shouldn't be an issue. Same with Cassel when Weis was in town. That and we'd still be getting a franchise QB(hopefully).
Yeah, Star would be nice and I could see that if they are sure they can get the QB that they like in round 2. But they better be sure or Clark will be looking for a new GM in a couple of years.

It seems to me that Patterson and Milliner are as big a reach as Geno. If you are going to reach, then you need to fill your number one need. Otherwise, you might as well take Chance Warmack (no, I'm not really suggesting that).
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Yeah, Star would be nice and I could see that if they are sure they can get the QB that they like in round 2. But they better be sure or Clark will be looking for a new GM in a couple of years.

It seems to me that Patterson and Milliner are as big a reach as Geno. If you are going to reach, then you need to fill your number one need. Otherwise, you might as well take Chance Warmack (no, I'm not really suggesting that).
yes Patterson and Milliner are reaches as well, but the question the Chiefs need to answer when making that pick, who will be the better NFL player? if Milliner is going to be a top 10 CB or Patterson is going to be a legit #1 with All Pro capabilities and you think Geno is a bottom 10-15 QB then i can see how it would not be a reach. the arguement from me on Chance isn't his position or value with it, merely how he fits onto the Chiefs roster. OG isn't on my top 10 list to draft. otherwise, i see how his value is through the roof. also, i was 1 of the few that thought DeCastro last year was the right pick for the Chiefs, no matter positional value. when it comes to the draft, i evaluate the prospects based upon how they help my team. does drafting Geno smith make this team better than every other prospect available? if yes, then he NEEDS to be the pick. if Milliner or Patterson makes this team better than anyone else, then they NEED to be the pick. i just think that right now our QB play has been so bad that Geno, or whichever QB is best in Reids/Dorseys eyes, would easily make this team better than any other position.

as far as firing Reid and Dorsey for losing, i don't see that happening. look at all our firings since Clark took over. they have all been fired because they were disfunctional, not because they didn't win. some would say that goes hand in hand, but i don't picture Reid and Dorsey being disfunctional. winners? thats yet to be determined in KC. disfunctional? i highly doubt it. both have already done this before and at a high level. Clark wants to madel this franchise after the Pittsburgh Steelers. job security isn't in the front of everyones mind. winning SB trophies is.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 02-21-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Don't get me wrong, King, I'm not talking about anyone getting fired for losing but I suspect the fans and Clark will have little sympathy for a GM who does not address the QB problem with anything other than a band-aid solution. Swing and miss is one thing and standing and watching three called strikes with the bat on your shoulder is quite another.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Don't get me wrong, King, I'm not talking about anyone getting fired for losing but I suspect the fans and Clark will have little sympathy for a GM who does not address the QB problem with anything other than a band-aid solution. Swing and miss is one thing and standing and watching three called strikes with the bat on your shoulder is quite another.
Good point, even Scott Wright has Milner and Geno around the same place. I don't know why, but Geno has that Jamarcus Russel-vibe to him(to me anyways, a guy with no expereince in evaluating QB's). 1. Big Arm 2. Gets lost when things turn for the worse 3. Stud WR to bail him out from time to time(Ala D-Bowe and J.Russel). I know Geno does look like a young Donovan McNabb, but let's say for whatever reason KC took him off their board.Who's the next QB on your list? Barkley? Wilson?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outside of the fact that Geno Smith and Jamarcus Russel are both black, they really don't compare.

Jamarcus Russel had the excellent size, could launch the ball down the field 60+ yards from his knees and had the high win % at LSU. He was the definition of boom or bust and got drafted to hell.

Geno has more polish, is a harder worker, more intelligent and didn't have a top ranked team to hide his possible flaws.

I like Geno Smith, but he could just wish he had Sip n' grips arm strength.

I think the main thing to key on is comparing Geno Smith being chosen to work in Andy Reid's system to Jamarcus Russel being drafted by Al Davis to play for a coach who (at least rumored) didn't want him. I think the Jamarcus Russel story is a cautionary tale on stupid decisions and lack of organization within teams.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 02-23-2013 at 02:45 PM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Basically what Tony G just said. +vidae reps for that, as you're exactly right with every word you just said.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Thoughts on Alex Smith to KC? Personally, I'm really not a fan of this move if it turns out to be true, especially if it prevents us from drafting a QB this year.