Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
it evolved a while ago. there's a reason you're generally not allowed to play defense.
It's going to continue getting worse. These replacement refs are a reprieve, but it will go back to the two-hand-touch defensive football soon enough.

And yes, me not quoting things is nothing new. It just seems dumb to quote something massive when your post is immediately after.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh, shut up. no one fails to see it. you just lost. it's a non-story.
LOL hater.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Correct but surprisingly it still hasn't hit the saturation point.

Women also have become fans of the NFL because its the cool thing to do Sundays now. 5-7 years ago you would get yelled at by a girl for watching the games on Sunday but now they're almost 50% of a bar if you go out. The way the NFL markets itself is genius.
Also very true. I actually watched the Superbowl this year at a party hosted by a girl that had like a 3-1 girl-guy ratio. But just because they're watching doesn't mean most of them truly understand the game yet...I had a hell of a time explaining why the Giants tried to hold up on scoring that TD.

And njx should appreciate that I quoted you.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
LOL hater.
No he's right and I'm a big Schiano fan. It's 2 games. Raheem Morris went 10-6 one year so that should tell you something right there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Also very true. I actually watched the Superbowl this year at a party hosted by a girl that had like a 3-1 girl-guy ratio. But just because they're watching doesn't mean most of them truly understand the game yet...I had a hell of a time explaining why the Giants tried to hold up on scoring that TD.

Ohh the majority of them have no idea what they're talking about. I'm not going to complain on that front though. There is something seriously sexy with a cute girl wearing a football jersey and rooting for the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No he's right and I'm a big Schiano fan. It's 2 games. Raheem Morris went 10-6 one year so that should tell you something right there.
THat same year they were also blown out by some of the elite teams as well. It's early yes but after last years debacle it's encouraging. Theyve shown they can compete with the elite teams. Wouldn't take tem lightly.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
it's nice, in that i don't get yelled at for watching the game, but i hate what it's turning into (the game changes notwithstanding, all the peripheral crap has started to suck more and more. 'human interest' stories, pathetically bad half-time shows. ugh).

right... i would've hit the button for context. i wish VB had the quote-snipe trick, to let you know that new **** had been added while you were typing.

and, while i agree with Grizz (iirc), that the games will shortly devolve into brawls because these guys won't break things up properly, i do love that the replacements let plays go FAR more often.
So, to sum it up, Tim Tebow and Madonna.

Quote:
Ohh the majority of them have no idea what they're talking about. I'm not going to complain on that front though. There is something seriously sexy with a cute girl wearing a football jersey and rooting for the Giants.
I ******* HATE the pink ones though. I went on a long tirade against a female friend of mine in college who was thinking of getting one...she eventually just bought a regular jersey.

If you're going to be a fan, buy your team's actual jersey.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
THat same year they were also blown out by some of the elite teams as well. It's early yes but after last years debacle it's encouraging. Theyve shown they can compete with the elite teams. Wouldn't take tem lightly.
Which is all fine and dandy but no one should be preaching how they've turned things around after a 1-1 record in 2 games. You should have easily beat us and you didn't so there's nothing to say at this point. I also said in the Giants thread that the game would be close and it was. None of the Giants fans here took them lightly.

sig by BoneKrusher
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Females who know nothing about football>females who "watch football" and think they know things and really don't know ****.

They are slightly better than the male versions who don't know **** though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No pink jersey. Real colors for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-18-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Females who know nothing about football>females who "watch football" and think they know things and really don't know ****.

They are slightly better than the male versions who don't know **** though.
This, this, this, and more of this. There's a fat girl that has the season tickets next to me at Penn State and she's exactly what you would think. Fat, loud, obnoxious, has no idea what the **** she's yelling about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh, shut up. no one fails to see it. you just lost. it's a non-story.
good god I love you.

and yeah, i don't want girls talking **** about football. This one girl is a giants fan and still adamant that Eli sucks. Whatever, just wear the jersey, let me watch the game and look cute.

that sounds totally sexist, but whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone catch the creepy photo bomber on the 49ers sideline?

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...ex_smith_i.php
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love fantasy football, but in no way shape or form do i care about it more than the steelers. Even in money leagues its a distant second when it comes to playing against the steelers
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i love fantasy football, but in no way shape or form do i care about it more than the steelers. Even in money leagues its a distant second when it comes to playing against the steelers
agreed, I was playing against Eli and Nicks in my money league this week. Don't even care. Much happier we got the W.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Similarly, I was at Lee Roy Selmon's (the sports grill) on opening Sunday, and it was about 70% women. Some of them were obviously there for the food, but most of them were watching the games.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
agreed, I was playing against Eli and Nicks in my money league this week. Don't even care. Much happier we got the W.
Yeah, this is how it will always be for me. I'll look back after a game and wish for something, but during the game I just totally ignore whatever needs my fantasy team(s) have and hope for a win

I own Brandon Marshall in one league but kept rooting for the Pack to shut him down this past Thursday. Favorite team always takes priority over fantasy. That's just a general rule which is obvious for pretty much every other diehard fan of a team
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else think that last night's game was the ugliest game in recent memory?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steelers are ranked 30th in rushing, i gave them the benefit of the doubt when i said theyd be a bottom 5 rushing team with redman starting
Old 09-18-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins Yards/Attempt against is 2.2, best in the league. Impressive considering the RBs they've gone up against in Arian Foster and RunDMC. Pass defense is 30th though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Does anyone else think that last night's game was the ugliest game in recent memory?
I actually turned it off to watch a DVD of the Hunger Games. I think there is a correlation there somehow.

Obviously, besides blown calls, these replacement refs can't control the flow of the game. Some of it might be players taking liberties but for the most part the product on the field is terrible.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
3.) Bill Belichick is choosing the wrong place to make a point. Belichick has been a wild success in New England. He’s gotten a lot out of a little before. But he’s flirting with a toxic situation in man management. Given how events unfolded this summer, and his reluctance to reward an older receiver with a lucrative contract, he’s attempting to prove that Wes Welker is expendable. And it’s handicapping him from putting the best team on the field.

New England was in a two-tight end, two-receiver, one-back formation for fifteen snaps in the first half against Arizona. Of those fifteen snaps, Brandon Lloyd was a part of all fifteen. In contrast, Welker was in just two of those. Julian Edelman got more run in those formations than Wes Welker. From a football perspective, that doesn’t make sense. There’s nothing Edelman brings to an offense that Welker doesn’t in spades.

As head coach, Belichick is responsible for protecting the interests of the New England Patriots. Arrogance doesn’t protect the Logo. Vindictiveness doesn’t protect the Logo. What protects the Logo is winning. Welker helps that team win games. With Hernandez going down with a high-ankle sprain, the Patriots can’t afford to marginalize Welker.
I think there is more to it than simply proving a point. Welker wasn't around for a lot of the off-season. He missed some time in TC and missed a preseason game (due to family bereavement). So in essence he has missed a lot of work. Now a proven performer like Welker doesn't need as much work as other guys, but the point that nobody seems to be making is that so far this season he has played like dogshit. He simply isn't getting enough separation in his routes. He has also dropped some incredibly important passes. It isn't being mentioned but it was Welker who let a 3rd down pass slip right through his hands that forced the Pats to punt from their own end zone. This BAD drop directly led to 7 points as the punt was blocked and went out of bounds on the 2.

I think ultimately Welker will pass Edelman on the depth chart but based on the off-season and his play so far he simply doesn't deserve to be above him and Edelman is not a great WR so that should be more of an indictment on Welker's play.

The thing about Welker this year was his holdout did not turn out like a few others such as Wilfork and Mankins. In general it didn't get nasty and he said the right things when he returned to the team. Is it possible that Belichick is trying to show ultimate authority? Of course, but I think it is more to do with Welker's poor play.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 09-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

This week's stats of the week:

Quote:
Stats of the Week No. 1: The Steelers are 18-4 all-time versus the Jets.

Stats of the Week No. 2: Under John Harbaugh, the Ravens are 29-5 at home and 21-20 on the road.

Stats of the Week No. 3: Drew Brees has thrown for at least 300 yards in a league-record nine consecutive games.

Stats of the Week No. 4: In its past four outings versus the Texans, Jacksonville has scored just 51 points.

Stats of the Week No. 5: Herb Taylor, who had not entered an NFL game since 2008, started for Jacksonville.

Stats of the Week No. 6: The Redskins, who allowed five blocked kicks in 2011, have already allowed two blocked kicks this season.

Stats of the Week No. 7: At Green Bay, Jay Cutler finished with a 28.2 passer rating. If every attempt by a quarterback is incomplete, he receives a 39.6 rating.

Stats of the Week No. 8: Detroit has not won in San Francisco since 1975.

Stats of the Week No. 9: Against Concordia University Chicago, Hope College gained 654 yards on offense, and lost. See below.

Stats of the Week No. 10: Against the Buccaneers, Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks of the Giants combined for 378 yards of offense -- more than gained by the entire Tampa team.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

my stat of the week was that Cruz and Nicks EACH had more total yards on offense than the Jaguars whole team
Quote:
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People actually care more for their fantasy team than their real team?! That's crazy.

I have Cutler and Marshall in a lot of my leagues, but was cheering when Marshall dropped that pass in the endzone and the same when Cutler threw all of his INT's.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote