Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not here to "talk ****", but week 3 will be the hardest game for you guys thus far. The Saints are 0-2 but they are still one of the better teams in the league based on talent, especially on offense. They will be extremely tough to beat, though I really hope it happens (<<< Falcons Fan) it's hard to see them fall 0-3.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The toughest five weeks for the Chiefs all year are the first five. I have no doubt in my mind that this team will be 0-5 going into Tampa Bay. They have shown me no reason to believe otherwise.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is kind of the knock on Romeo (flat, uninspired players)... Hopefully they get something going there.

But I think it's still a game-by-game basis. The Atlanta game had a lot of things to take out of it. The defense looked bad, but that was a game they could have won if they had one or two of their injured players out there.

This one was just bad. The Bills played poorly and the Chiefs bailed them out every time. It took Charlie 4-6 weeks to figure out the offense and it took Haley 8 weeks in 2009 to figure it out. Daboll gets a much shorter time period because this team is, on paper, a division champ and should be more than that.

They got Bowe going late in the game. That's probably the only good thing that comes to mind at the moment from this thing that I hope to soon forget. Hopefully that gets the offense going. When teams have to worry about Bowe, the rest of the offense should have a much easier time.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see this as a team that can get going in the first place. This is a team that is a 2-4 win team right now. This is a team that gets a front office and coaching staff fired. Or at least it should.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't see this as a team that can get going in the first place. This is a team that is a 2-4 win team right now. This is a team that gets a front office and coaching staff fired. Or at least it should.
It's so weird. This team should be very good. Even with the injuries, they should have hung with Atlanta for 4 quarters. They should have trounced Buffalo. They're just...flat. It doesn't make much sense.

From the first snap in week 1, it seemed like the defense didn't even want to be there. And then the offense seemed like that the first snap after the missed field goal and they've both looked the same way since...

I mean, the garbage time offense they put up against Denver a couple years ago set them on fire for the rest of the year... A similar outcome from garbage time Sunday is the only hope.

Maybe what they were able to do late gets the outside game going with Baldwin and Bowe. That's what really seemed to be missing in pre-season. They never got the outside game going. I get the idea of getting the offense in a rhythm through the short passing game - I'm a proponent of it. But this offensive personnel group is built to be a vertical offense that can tear a defense apart if they commit too many resources to stopping the vertical threat.

Daboll has made the offense a conservative offense that might burn you if you over-commit to stopping it with their deep outside threats. The problem with this is that the trick isn't working. If they reverse the theory, they'll be better off.

TL;DR: Maybe the late success with Baldwin and Bowe changes the way Daboll calls the offense. They need to be more vertical anyway with the way the defense has been playing.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs are playing 2nd stringers for 4 quarters, sounds like a great strategy.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to throw up again
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Pioli!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
Fire Pioli!
(I sense sarcasm, but I'll bite)

For what, exactly? There's not much wrong with the roster out there. Poe has looked good starting from day one as a rookie. He filled holes with good players. Can't put it on the GM when the groceries are market fresh.

There are 3 guys I have issue with. Eachus (who is ******* terrible) and Ropati are coach's calls. I thought Elam would be a really good backup S.

I'm giving them until the Oakland game to get it together. Not saying I'm giving them a pass to go 0-6. Kendrick Lewis needs to get back ASAP and the offensive mindset needs to be adjusted.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Start Stanzi. Cassel Sucks.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
(I sense sarcasm, but I'll bite)

For what, exactly? There's not much wrong with the roster out there. Poe has looked good starting from day one as a rookie. He filled holes with good players. Can't put it on the GM when the groceries are market fresh.

There are 3 guys I have issue with. Eachus (who is ******* terrible) and Ropati are coach's calls. I thought Elam would be a really good backup S.

I'm giving them until the Oakland game to get it together. Not saying I'm giving them a pass to go 0-6. Kendrick Lewis needs to get back ASAP and the offensive mindset needs to be adjusted.
No sarcasm, Pioli needs to get the **** out immediately.

He can't draft, he can't admit mistakes and defends them instead of fixing them and has been coasting off players Herm drafted.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is Softer than a piece of cotton
Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No sarcasm, Pioli needs to get the **** out immediately.

He can't draft, he can't admit mistakes and defends them instead of fixing them and has been coasting off players Herm drafted.
You have a truly bizarre concept of "can't draft." I doubt that there are 5 GMs in the league as good. While players Herm drafted are central to the team, they are also the most senior players on the team. I get that a lot of people do not understand how good Tyson Jackson is, so the 2009 draft looks bare. The 2010 was likely 2nd best in the NFL, after New England's historic haul. 2011 has one of known steals of the draft, Justin Houstin and two other guys starting in their 2nd year. 2012 has barely gotten started. How can you say that he drafts poorly?

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No one from 2011 has distinguished themselves yet. Rodney Hudson looks solid, and Justin Houston and Jon Baldwin have a lot of potential, but until we see it on the field it means nothing.

2010 was solid, but the second round picks (at least Javier) at this point were wasted. Dexter looks like he might have found a role, but that draft isn't as great when you're looking at it now. 2012 obviously is too early to tell, but I'd give Pioli an overall "C" grade for his drafts thus far. Some were good, some were not, and most are incomplete.

Four years is plenty of time to put your mark on a team, and Pioli has done that. The problem is, we're not that good. Are we more talented than before he got here? Absolutely. But it isn't enough. He hitched his wagon to Cassel and that failed in amazing fashion. I swear if I have to listen to another "we believe Matt Cassel is a good QB" press conference my head is going to explode.

And I have no problems with Pioli making mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. But some people will never own up to their mistakes and that is what pisses me off.

We should back up the money truck for DeCosta from Baltimore and hire someone like Chud from the Panthers. I stole both of those ideas from boe because they sound like great moves.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyson Jackson is great at pushing and shoving guys after the play. I would rank him top 5 at it.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Tyson Jackson is great at pushing and shoving guys after the play. I would rank him top 5 at it.
More like GOAT at it. And to be honest I'm getting sick of seeing that kind of crap. But your post definitely deserves some rep, so here ya go!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok, so now i feel like i'm just piling on. i have tried to wait and make sure my reaction wasn't knee-jerk. i have had plenty of time to sit and reflect on my feelings.

this team is absolute trash. **** the talent. they are soft. they ******* quit. they take plays off. they don't communicate with each other. noone is held accountable. did i mention that they were soft and quitters?

that, BY FAR, is the biggest problem with this team. i don't care who is hurt, recovering from being hurt or who is starting. PLAY THIS GAME HARD AND LIKE ITS YOUR LAST GAME! not many players on this team deserve to wear that helmet and be cheered by these fans. Arrowhead is packed full of blue collar guys (and family) that spend their hard earned money to watch and cheer for this team. it should be a privilege to strap on that helmet and run onto that field.

i dont know who, if any one person, is to blame for this. is it Romeo and his "players coach" style? IDK, cause this same group didnt like Haley (as opposite to Crennel as you can get). is it Pioli? IDK, a lot of the players he has drafted/brought in have been talented, but talent doesn't equal tough or wins. is it "the Clarks"? IDK, his father cared and he has spent money on the stadium, but he seems to be very far under the cap each year. maybe its a combo of all of them. maybe alittle bit of Romeo+ Pioli's soft talent+ Clark's tight wallet= this team of talented losers.

i'm get sick in the stomach watching this crap called Chiefs games. being soft is the 2nd to worse thing anyone could ever say about the team i love. being a quitter is the worst. it kills me to think that this team is at a point right now that I feel both of those things about them.

my undying dedication to this team IS NOT in question. i can love them and hate the direction we are going. sometimes a parent has to say things to their children that is hard to say. but in the end everyone is better for it being said. something NEEDS to change.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 09-18-2012 at 08:22 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:01 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
You have a truly bizarre concept of "can't draft." I doubt that there are 5 GMs in the league as good. While players Herm drafted are central to the team, they are also the most senior players on the team. I get that a lot of people do not understand how good Tyson Jackson is, so the 2009 draft looks bare. The 2010 was likely 2nd best in the NFL, after New England's historic haul. 2011 has one of known steals of the draft, Justin Houstin and two other guys starting in their 2nd year. 2012 has barely gotten started. How can you say that he drafts poorly?

J
Tyson Jackson has had one decent season and now he's good? That entire 2009 draft was an absolute train wreck. The one actual hit (Succop) is being out-kicked by the dude he replaced (Connor Barth).

The 2010 draft was really over-hyped. One of the selections is already gone, two of them are injury prone and two others are trying to prove they aren't busts.

Outside of Houston and Hudson, the 2011 draft isn't looking so great and Pioli decided to draft a bunch of depth (for the most part) in the 2012 draft for god knows what reason.

Honestly, I think Herm was a better drafter than Pioli.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 09-19-2012 at 02:06 AM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

A lot of overreaction and misplaced anger.

The team is very talented. The drafts have been way above average the last few years.

They drafted "depth" this year because that is what they lacked. The starters were mostly set. And we all agreed with that. The depth he drafted mostly consisted of high ceiling talent, too. The only starter in serious question was/is Lilja.

Right now, the problem is Romeo. And I really hate that. The team is flat. That was the one thing I worried about with him, but was fooled a but by the end of last year. There are no other problems with this team. They're just flat.

Fixable? Yeah, but it's incredibly hats to be optimistic about a team turning around when they look like that.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Start Stanzi
Quote:
Old 09-20-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyson Jackson has had one decent season and now he's good? That entire 2009 draft was an absolute train wreck. The one actual hit (Succop) is being out-kicked by the dude he replaced (Connor Barth).
Yes Tyson Jackson is good. He has had one outstanding season, 2011, but the signs were there all along. 2 gap is tough to learn. The rest of the draft started in the 3rd round, and netted a PK. Other than TJ, it sucks.

The 2010 draft was really over-hyped. One of the selections is already gone, two of them are injury prone and two others are trying to prove they aren't busts.
Injuries are a risk everyone takes. No points wither way on that. There are zero busts in the 2010 draft. The closest is Sheffield, and its is marginal to call any 3rd day pick a bust. I give you Berry was a no brainer, but they did well with the rest of the picks. Asamoah was particularly good.

Outside of Houston and Hudson, the 2011 draft isn't looking so great and Pioli decided to draft a bunch of depth (for the most part) in the 2012 draft for god knows what reason.
Baldwin reamains a work in progress, but WR are famous for taking 3 years to "get" it. Hudson was a solid pick. Houston and Bailey were outright steals.

Honestly, I think Herm was a better drafter than Pioli.
I might agree with this. Herm did nothing well except draft.
Any way you look at it, Pioli is not a poor drafter. You can argue he is not a good one, though I will disagree. But he has yet to miss on a 1st round pick, and I include Tyson Jackson. He has also made some very nice later picks. Even picks like DMX and Arenas have been hits, if not home runs.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera

Last edited by onejayhawk : 09-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Javier Arenas is a homerun? Really? Because of his okay punt and kick return capabilities? Because he can sort of play the slot CB role? What a homerun!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I like Javier. Solid pick. Pretty much exactly what I expected him to be. Wouldn't say "home run", though. "Home run" would be if he turned out to be Antoine Winfield. And I don't hate his return style. It's nice to break one, but he tends to make the fundamental play and I'm happy with that. In an ideal world, he's the 4th CB (which isn't terrible use of a 2nd round pick these days).

btw, we needs a Week 3 thread.

Last edited by nepg : 09-20-2012 at 08:38 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
btw, we needs a Week 3 thread.
Why? It's going to be over by half time.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:15 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Any way you look at it, Pioli is not a poor drafter. You can argue he is not a good one, though I will disagree. But he has yet to miss on a 1st round pick, and I include Tyson Jackson. He has also made some very nice later picks. Even picks like DMX and Arenas have been hits, if not home runs.

J
Tyson Jackson was not a home run (or a good selection) and Jonathan Baldwin hasn't produced. I'm not sure how you can even claim that.

I hate to throw Baldwin under the bus though as Cassel has basically been doing that for him with his bad throws and lack of vision, but it isn't looking good so far.

The best first round pick Pioli made (you know, the obvious one), Thomas Dimitroff basically had to talk him into it.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 09-23-2012 at 04:18 AM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote