Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
MBuck07
Rookie

MBuck07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Get To Know This Guy

Shakir Bell Indiana St. RB had 349 yards rushing this past weekend beating a few records along the way. He is only and junior so that is my only conclusion as to why he isnt listed in the Top 30 in the rankings but he starting to get some love from Kiper and McShay. He was the runner up for the Walter Payton Award last year and may become a 2 time winner if he stays for his senior year. He is drawing a lot of comparsions to Darren Sproles but i've seen him play in person a few times and its a style that reminds me a lot of Emmitt Smith. He doesn't have great NFL size (5'8 185 lbs) but has youtube videos of him squatting 3x his body weight. He has 1600 yards last season and off to another great start with 610 in 3 games this year. Including a 195 yard performance against Indiana. Just saying get to know his name now because if he stays for his senior season, he will be a 2nd round pick.
MBuck07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he is getting love from Kiper and McShay count me in!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a Shakir Bell in last year's draft. His name is Paris Cotton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5MqV2WELhs
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=RB
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Shakir can really play. Very powerful kid, who can also really run. Can run tough between the tackles, get to the edge, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. I don't see him as a 2nd rounder, but I'd imagine he could go late 3rd to 4th. But he is a guy that can really shoot up the boards in the postseason, at the senior bowl and combine.

Not sure about the Sproles comparisons. But I guess it's as good as their is out there. Very strong for his size, very quick and tough to tackle in the open field. Definitely a name to get to know now.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote