Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I like the NFL's idea of bench refs, truthfully. But the money is a fraction of the profits the NFL sees every year, they need to stop being greedy pricks.
$50 Million isn't exactly a trivial amount of money.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
No we deserved to lose to the cardinals, we played like **** all game and got out played. We played well for the most part tonight and so did the Ravens. They get the win overall, they made the plays at the end to win it, and yes that PI call was legit on McCourty. However the officiating for both teams were horrendous, we just happened to be on the side that lost.
we did deserve to lose but that hold on gronk that negated the go ahead TD was taken away..... and that was not holding on gronk

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco is god-tier at the two minute drill.

That game was stressful. So glad we pulled it out in the end.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It's not the talking about it, it's the irrational rage-mode way you're going about it. If the Patriots won tonight, you'd be off doing who knows what and I'd be arguing with a Ravens fan right now.

Read my last couple of posts about the money demands and why the NFL probably doesn't see this as a problem right now.
I have explicitly said that either way it was a terrible officiated game, and we just happened to be on the losing end of it. Again still have yet to say anything about the NFL caving or negotiating. Still have yet to be illogical, or irrational. Is bitching helping the situation, clearly not but I came to a message board to do it, because it sucked and thats what its here for. Is not talking about it helping it? No so I don't see how youre any more rational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

will you guys all yell at me and judge me when I say that it's really annoying being defending champs and being in NYC because we get all these primtime games? Like, I just want a nice 1pm Sunday afternoon game
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It's about 0.20 percent of the revenue the NFL sees every year, if that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the NFL's idea of bench refs, truthfully. But the money is a fraction of the profits the NFL sees every year, they need to stop being greedy pricks.
The problem with the super rich is that they didn't get to be super rich by handing out money to everyone that demanded some...

The NFL gets a billion with a "b" dollars from ESPN alone to broadcast 16 MNF games a year. But, you have a bunch of greedy old owners who aren't exactly inclined to be handing that money back out...
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i seriously want to know what the ref negotiations like. Like what are the demands and how are they so far apart?

I'm not commenting either way on the replacements, but like...what the hell is this strike and **** even about?
Technically they're locked out, not on strike.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Technically they're locked out, not on strike.
that was a very unnecessary pointing out of technicalities
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry guys, the UFL is back.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man this game was so bad I'm a little peeved my 2nd favorite won lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem with the super rich is that they didn't get to be super rich by handing out money to everyone that demanded some...

The NFL gets a billion with a "b" dollars from ESPN alone to broadcast 16 MNF games a year. But, you have a bunch of greedy old owners who aren't exactly inclined to be handing that money back out...
Exactly. I'm guessing that most of these owners see the demands and laugh their asses off. Once we reach the point where teams are *realistically* (not mathematically) eliminated from the playoffs, those owners probably won't care about the officiating at all.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that was a very unnecessary pointing out of technicalities
It's a little bit more than that...

Lock Out = Company preventing it's workers from working

Strike = Workers refusing to work for the company
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm far too upset to have a rational discussion on the refs right now, but it's hard to feel like we weren't screwed today. Too many flags just negated momentum killing plays, a lot of them were really questionable. Still I'm really upset with the entire defense's performance. The front 7 should have had no problem controlling the line of scrimmage, but they didn't. It was Wilfork's worst game of his entire career. Also, McCourty and Arrington are hot garbage. I'm so sick of them being beaten like a drum.

Also, this team has lost all ability to close out games. Brady couldn't read the blitz at the end of the game, and the DB's should have easily had 3 more interceptions.

Also, stop wasting carries with Danny Woodhead. They give him more touches than anyone, yet he's the worst skill position player on our team.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Don't worry guys, the UFL is back.
There you are. I've been waiting for you to come back, I rely on you for my UFL updates.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is when you will generate over 150 billion in revenue over the same period.

We are not talking about 50 million this year. It's 50 million over 10 years.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Exactly. I'm guessing that most of these owners see the demands and laugh their asses off. Once we reach the point where teams are *realistically* (not mathematically) eliminated from the playoffs, those owners probably won't care about the officiating at all.
The other thing that doesn't get brought up much but could help is if the REFS were the ones to cave. Not all of them have Hochuli style lucrative careers outside of refereeing and if enough of them come together and just take whatever the NFL will give them, the lockout would be over.

If the lockout does end soon, that is the reason why I think it will happen.
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There you are. I've been waiting for you to come back, I rely on you for my UFL updates.
Marty Schottenheimer resigned as coach of the defending champion Virginia Destroyers, to be replaced by his "younger" brother, Kurt.

Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Marty Schottenheimer resigned as coach of the defending champion Virginia Destroyers, to be replaced by his "younger" brother, Kurt.
Marty has a brother named Kurt?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
It's a little bit more than that...

Lock Out = Company preventing it's workers from working

Strike = Workers refusing to work for the company
EVERYONE KNEW WHAT I MEANT!

don't you drag me all in with this display of potty mouths and anger

CANT YOU SEE YOUR FIGHTING IS TEARING THIS FAMILY APART
Quote:
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Marty has a brother named Kurt?
That's what like 90% of the population said. Can't wait for Tito Schottenheimer to get his chance.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a question but how high does Ladarius Webb rank in CB rankings? He's almost a shut down corner as they always throw to Cary Williams, he is a beast tackler who could play safety if he wanted do, and he is a great blitzer. I've got to think he's top 5 now.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Just a question but how high does Ladarius Webb rank in CB rankings? He's almost a shut down corner as they always throw to Cary Williams, he is a beast tackler who could play safety if he wanted do, and he is a great blitzer. I've got to think he's top 5 now.
I love Webb. I wanted the Pats to sign him to an offer sheet soooo bad. Instead we're stuck with McCourty and Arrington.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
That's what like 90% of the population said. Can't wait for Tito Schottenheimer to get his chance.
By 90 percent, you mean the 8 people other than you that watch the UFL?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its also ******** Branch gets a flag on the Reed hit and DHB gets practically murdered and no flag.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote