Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every Monday during football season, I wear the Bears tie below to work. And every Monday, multiple people come up to me and say "War Eagle." It's so annoying. I know it is Auburn colors, but come on, there is a big C on it. The guy who sits across from me has said it to me every Monday since the 2010 season. That's over 30 times I have told him, "No, I'm not an Auburn fan. This is a Bears tie." But alas, this morning, he walks in and say "War Eagle."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I played safety. I don't understand how you can take launching away from these guys. It's as much a part of playing the position as the stiff arm is to running backs.

Safeties have to defend the middle of the field. Part of that is intimidation. You have to be able to lay wood on these guys. Jar the ball out. When you're running as fast as they are out there, I don't see how you can stop on a dime and make a form tackle when a guy runs a skinny your way.
Because it's dangerous. And sure, if guys launched but at least attempted to wrap a guy up it wouldn't be as bad, but that doesn't happen. Big hits can still be made within the framework of the rules. The big issue is a lot of these guys are lazy tacklers and just throw their body at their other guy

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe Schwartz called a QB sneak on fourth down when they should have just tied the game up. What a moron.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I played safety. I don't understand how you can take launching away from these guys. It's as much a part of playing the position as the stiff arm is to running backs.

Safeties have to defend the middle of the field. Part of that is intimidation. You have to be able to lay wood on these guys. Jar the ball out. When you're running as fast as they are out there, I don't see how you can stop on a dime and make a form tackle when a guy runs a skinny your way.
It sucks, because I enjoyed the big hitting of the previous years of football, but the NFL isn't going to allow this stuff to continue. They're staring down the barrel of multiple major concussion lawsuits which, even if the NFL wins, they're going to have to spend a lot of time and money fighting.

They need to show they take concussions seriously and eliminating any kind of helmet-to-helmet or "launching" hits is part of that.

Players who continue to do it are only going to end up costing their team via penalties and are also going to find themselves much lighter in the wallet.

I don't know that it's happened since the bigger emphasis on illegal hits has started up, but someone is going to get suspended over it. Maybe then teams like the Ravens and Steelers will take it more seriously when they're without one of their starters for a game because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Every Monday during football season, I wear the Bears tie below to work. And every Monday, multiple people come up to me and say "War Eagle." It's so annoying. I know it is Auburn colors, but come on, there is a big C on it. The guy who sits across from me has said it to me every Monday since the 2010 season. That's over 30 times I have told him, "No, I'm not an Auburn fan. This is a Bears tie." But alas, this morning, he walks in and say "War Eagle."
Auburn's blue is a different blue anyway, isn't it? The Bears is more of a duller navy while Auburn's blue has a little more sharpness? Same goes for orange where Auburn's is brighter.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
It sucks, because I enjoyed the big hitting of the previous years of football, but the NFL isn't going to allow this stuff to continue. They're staring down the barrel of multiple major concussion lawsuits which, even if the NFL wins, they're going to have to spend a lot of time and money fighting.

They need to show they take concussions seriously and eliminating any kind of helmet-to-helmet or "launching" hits is part of that.

Players who continue to do it are only going to end up costing their team via penalties and are also going to find themselves much lighter in the wallet.

I don't know that it's happened since the bigger emphasis on illegal hits has started up, but someone is going to get suspended over it. Maybe then teams like the Ravens and Steelers will take it more seriously when they're without one of their starters for a game because of it.
The thing is, you can't prevent hits from happening. It's going to happen. You can limit it yes, but you can't remove it completely. These guys can't defy the laws of physics. If a guy is coming full speed at you, you can form tackle him by the book, but if he twists his body in an awkward position at the last second your helmet can still collide with his. How is that your fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Because it's dangerous. And sure, if guys launched but at least attempted to wrap a guy up it wouldn't be as bad, but that doesn't happen. Big hits can still be made within the framework of the rules. The big issue is a lot of these guys are lazy tacklers and just throw their body at their other guy
This is a violent sport. Where do we draw the line? Should the 3 point stance get removed bc their heads collide with every snap?

I'm not advocating terrible tackling, bc I hate it as much as the next guy, but the proper launch is perfectly fine with me. Lead with your shoulder, aim for the chest, I see nothing wrong with that.

There's a proper way to launch. It shouldn't be removed from the game, safeties need to use it as a weapon to defend the middle of the field.

And it's definitely taught to us to lay wood. Our coach taught us to give them 2 options:

Get down, or lay down. They could avoid the hit, just get down. But if you want to get some YAC, you had to accept the consequences, and that sometimes meant you were gonna lay down.

It's football. Defenses get paid to hit.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have far less of an issue with the defenseless receiver rule than I do with the QB rules. At least the defenseless receiver rules are fairly avoidable. Guys like Patrick Chung have adjusted and have been able to put big hits by squaring up in the torso. It can be done, the fact that guys are still launching themselves is stupid and lazy on their part.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is a violent sport. Where do we draw the line? Should the 3 point stance get removed bc their heads collide with every snap?

I'm not advocating terrible tackling, bc I hate it as much as the next guy, but the proper launch is perfectly fine with me. Lead with your shoulder, aim for the chest, I see nothing wrong with that.

There's a proper way to launch. It shouldn't be removed from the game, safeties need to use it as a weapon to defend the middle of the field.

And it's definitely taught to us to lay wood. Our coach taught us to give them 2 options:

Get down, or lay down. They could avoid the hit, just get down. But if you want to get some YAC, you had to accept the consequences, and that sometimes meant you were gonna lay down.

It's football. Defenses get paid to hit.
I agree, and the over-emphasis on player safety is getting a little ridiculous. I am of the opinion that these guys sign their sometimes multi-million dollar checks with the full knowledge they are playing a dangerous and violent sport. However there is a difference between launching with good technique and head hunting. I know there is a difference, you know there is a difference and most people on this board know there is a difference. However it appears that way too many NFL players don't realise there is a difference.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BeerBaron's Thoughts - Lite Version

Just throwing out a couple of observations since I don't have time to do full fledged ones anymore:

1.) Best NFC North QB so far? Christian Ponder.
As surprising as it might be, through 3 weeks, Ponder has been the most consistently good QB in the division. Cutler and Stafford have been outright lousy while Rodgers has failed to achieve the kind of success he was seeing last year.

Ponder has been an efficient machine. 4-0 TD-INT ratio and he's completely 70% of his passes while leading the Vikings to an unlikely 2-1 record with Peterson still a bit limited. And finally, he did something that neither Rodgers nor Stafford, two guys who many had in their top 5 QBs after last season, could do: beat the 49ers. If Ponder can keep this level of play up while the other teams in the division fall below expectations, the Vikings could end up making some surprising noise in the race to the post season.

2.) The Cardinals are legit.
Their defense is just thrashing everyone they come up against. The Eagles went into yesterday's game as the #1 offense in the league and got completely smacked by the Cardinals defense. They have playmakers on every level of the defense with Daryl Washington really stepping up. He was a complete animal in yesterday's game, showing up to make plays all over the field.

If there is one area of concern, it's definitely with the offense. They are 27th in the league in terms of running the ball and, while he hasn't made any critical mistakes to cost them games, Kevin Kolb is still about as uninspiring as they come. He still looks extremely uncomfortable in the pocket and floats passes as badly as ever. You can get by when you have Larry Fitzgerald to throw to, but seeing a little more command and confidence out of him would really do wonders for this team.

Needless to say, I really look forward to the first matchup between the Cardinals and 49ers.

3.) RGIII might be closer to Vick than to Newton
One thing I noticed about yesterday's game was just how much Griffin was getting hit. He once again played above his experience level, but he took a beating in the process.

A lot of people seem to want to compare Griffin to Newton, but there is a major difference there: about 25 pounds to be exact. Newton is very thickly built and seems to hold up better when taking shots from NFL defenders.

Griffin on the other hand reminds me more of Vick in how he runs and takes hits. He just doesn't have the mass to absorb as many hits as he leaves himself open to each game. (He was sacked 3 times yesterday and was hit many more.)

So while Griffin has all of the potential in the world, he needs to figure out something Vick hasn't been able to: how to avoid taking as many hits.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis done for the year. Watching the Jets presser now.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I still can't believe Schwartz called a QB sneak on fourth down when they should have just tied the game up. What a moron.
He seems to indicate that the play was for them to go with a hard count and for the center not to snap the ball. A bit of missmanagement there but they were so lucky to even be in the game at that point.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot of people seem to want to compare Griffin to Newton, but there is a major difference there: about 25 pounds to be exact.
I think some fans and the media want that next Vick to actually be that QB that people have envisioned. The way Newton played last year, it seems the media wants. Just look at the track record of hyping that type of QB playing style.

Vick, then Young, now Newton, and then Bob G.

To me growing up, I always respected R. Cunningham. for the Eagles. Just great QB. His best season is something I think some fans and the media want.

I think RC's 1990 season was sick.

30 Tds to 13 Ints
3,466 Passing Yards
91.6 QB rating

and 942 yards rushing.

That's a pretty sick year.

I think the media expected Vick, Young and now Newton and Bob to shatter that and play like that on a consistent basis, all while not getting hurt, AND winning a SB. LOL.

It's just a very tough expectation, and that's why I don't think that playing style can win.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like AR is considering benching Vick for Foles.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Looks like AR is considering benching Vick for Foles.
ESPN is going to have another rookie QB-gasm if that happens. But it would be deserved...Vick has been HORRIBLE. Like, there is no justification for a QB with his experience level playing as badly as he has been.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks bad for the jets.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
ESPN is going to have another rookie QB-gasm if that happens. But it would be deserved...Vick has been HORRIBLE. Like, there is no justification for a QB with his experience level playing as badly as he has been.
I guess I should give you the full quote:

Asked if he was considering a quarterback change at Monday's presser, Eagles coach Andy Reid said "right now we're with Michael (Vick)," but that he'll "evaluate it as we go.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Jaworski was on Mike and Mike this morning and he said Vick was hit more than 50 times in the first two games. I'd like to see the numbers on RGIII. He's ran the ball 32 times and has been sacked 9 times so I would guess his times-being-hit numbers are pretty similar. I know the coaching staff is trying to ease his transition from a spread offense to a pro-style offense, but if they aren't careful, he could be another dynamic athletic QB that just can't make it through the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sad about Revis, never want to see a good player go down. Terrell Thomas :,(

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am shocked the Giant and Pat fan feels bad for the Jets and Revis. I thought they would be parading down the streets for this loss by the "hated" Jets.

Man this sucks....seriously we lost our best player. I get Grimes getting hurt sucks for ATL but Revis means so much more and is a far better player.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to see a great player go down. I hope he can come back and perform up to the same level.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Sanchez throw a pass to Tebow that bounces off his head is so god damn hilarious to me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I am shocked the Giant and Pat fan feels bad for the Jets and Revis. I thought they would be parading down the streets for this loss by the "hated" Jets.

Man this sucks....seriously we lost our best player. I get Grimes getting hurt sucks for ATL but Revis means so much more and is a far better player.
Eh, I feel bad for Revis, not the Jets. No team goes without injuries, but it still sucks for the player.

You always want to see the best play against the best, and the best CB in the game is gone for the season. But still...screw the Jets

Old 09-24-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Eh, I feel bad for Revis, not the Jets. No team goes without injuries, but it still sucks for the player.

You always want to see the best play against the best, and the best CB in the game is gone for the season. But still...screw the Jets
Can't blame you...I felt the same way for when Brady went down in 08(Though he was on my fantasy team....thankfully Rodgers exploded that year as my backup and full time starter eventually)

Gotta overcome this. Cromartie needs to man up and start to play more than mediocre for what he's making and Kyle Wilson needs to play up to his 1st round grade and be the team's No.2 cornerback now.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post

The difference is the Falcons are a playoff team and an injury like that might be the difference in what cost them a chance to advance. I don't think many people thought/think the Jets will be there. None the less, I do hate seeing a talent like Revis tearing his ACL. This is why these guys cash in when they can, no telling how you will return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Watching Sanchez throw a pass to Tebow that bounces off his head is so god damn hilarious to me.
I was dying. So awesome.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I was dying. So awesome.
I was dying for all the wrong reason. Can't believe Tebow even barked back at Sanchez for that throw, that was all on Tebow who Sanchez told specifically to turn his head.