Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The difference is the Falcons are a playoff team and an injury like that might be the difference in what cost them a chance to advance. I don't think many people thought/think the Jets will be there. None the less, I do hate seeing a talent like Revis tearing his ACL. This is why these guys cash in when they can, no telling how you will return.
I still wonder if Revis holds out for more cash. He might...I mean if the team falters because of him, why not hold out for more cash? Shows he's all the more important.

I wish these guys would honor their contracts altogether....Revis is making over 10 mill a year, he's set for life if he handles the money correctly.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell happened to NFL.com over the last year? It's easily one of the worse sites I've used. I can't find the statistical leaders page where they had the top five listed for passing, rushing, tackles, sacks and INTs. Instead they have a completely useless drop down menu.

I can't deal with the amount of content they cram onto every page. You don't have to reload the entire page when I switch to the analyze tab guyz! Who the hell made this site? It's all interactive gimmicks and zero substance. Not to mention how much fluff they put out now. Its laughable that NFL's own site pedals out gossip that is on par with ESPN.

This is my experience when I try to use NFL.com:

I want to be the director of the site. I'd fix that crap in a jiff.

Last edited by ShutDwn : 09-24-2012 at 12:47 PM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com is a serious ******* mess. They just have so much going on that it's a real drag on the processing power of any computer I use.

And worst of all, try bringing up a game summary. They have a video highlight package of the game that plays automatically with a ******* AD THAT ******* PLAYS automatically and cannot be stopped or the volume turned down.

I just avoid it like the plague if I can help it.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BB,

Are you doing a write up of some sorts soon?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Beast.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com is actually run by CBS

or something like that, i've seen it somewhere.

Last edited by brat316 : 09-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.D. is a great GM and a really nice guy too. When you see him you do a double take because he looks more like an IT manager than a NFL GM, lol. But he is a real chill guy and answers any questions.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
BB,

Are you doing a write up of some sorts soon?
This is all I could muster:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...7&#post3127797

I just don't have the time like I did when I was working my last job.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I am shocked the Giant and Pat fan feels bad for the Jets and Revis. I thought they would be parading down the streets for this loss by the "hated" Jets.

Man this sucks....seriously we lost our best player. I get Grimes getting hurt sucks for ATL but Revis means so much more and is a far better player.
I'll speak for 99% of the Pats fans out there in saying we want to kick your ass fair and square and not at the expense of an injury. If someone says otherwise don't paint everyone with the same broad brush.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, if my team beats someone, I want that someone to be at full strength. Otherwise the fans use the injuries as an excuse and it doesn't feel as good.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'll speak for 99% of the Pats fans out there in saying we want to kick your ass fair and square and not at the expense of an injury. If someone says otherwise don't paint everyone with the same broad brush.
that and now all the annoying dumb jets fans are going to use it as an excuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah I saw that one. I figured if there was a lite version than the regular one would follow soon. So thought I'd ask and see.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunate news regarding Revis. It will be interesting to see how things go down with the 49ers next week when they play each other.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post

^Beast.
Look at the size of the ***** on this man.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

He looks like a physics or calculus professor. Professor D can you please go over that circuit problem please? Looks like he'd fit right in the world of academia.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why the hell did danny freakin woodhead get more carries than ridley?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Old 09-24-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Because Belichick was facing someone that started Ridley in FF.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Shanahan approach? Ravens game planned for Ridley, so flip the script and go with Woodhead.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-officials/

John Fox fined $30k and Del Rio fined $25k for berating the officials.

Over/Under on what Belichick will be fined for grabbing one is set at $50k.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-officials/

John Fox fined $30k and Del Rio fined $25k for berating the officials.

Over/Under on what Belichick will be fined for grabbing one is set at $50k.
I highly doubt BB gives a **** about how much they fine him, its all going to be pocket change for him anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
The Shanahan approach? Ravens game planned for Ridley, so flip the script and go with Woodhead.
Don't they play the same position. I doubt when they break the huddle Ray Lewis is calling for a defense stacked against the run at the expense of leaving the secondary to fend for themselves against N.E. receivers.

Not sure about the logic either of going away from Gronkowski. There were times when i thought he was open and regardless you throw it to him and a majority of the time he comes down with it. My sinister mind thinks BB is sort of sending a message to him to get his head straight (the one on his shoulders).
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Part of me is shocked there was very little talk of Schaub losing part of his ear...

I wonder if it was still on the field or in his helmet.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'd get the lobe stitched the rest of it and get rid of that fugly gap.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah that's nuts. Dude LOSES PART OF HIS ******* EAR

but it's still all ref talk everywhere. Dude lost part of his ear, like what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote