Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-27-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 4- Vikings @ Lions

We usually suck on the road but this feels like a different team than the last few years and the Lions might be without Stafford. Going 3-1 would be awesome.

Chris Cook actually did an awesome job from what I remember against Calvin last year, Calvin did still get his numbers but I remember vividly that he was left on an island with him a few times inexplicably by our safeties and he had no chance. While I wouldn't expect that to happen again he does have the size and athleticism to somewhat contain him and that's all you can hope for against that guy. Just take away the deep ball and make them move the ball with short passes like we did last week.

Also Jared Allen has killed the Lions in the past and has to be due for a big game here sooner or later.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fine I'l talk to myself in here assholes.

Harrison Smith is gonna be a stud. Love what I'm seeing out of him so far.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game so far..Secondary seems like it is really starting to "gel". Sherels' punt return was awesome.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After looking so good last week, our offensive line has been atrocious today. Ponder can't get anything off.
Vikes99ej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I'm just gonna come out and say it. Jamarca Sanford has been good too.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are a real hard nosed team. It's fun to watch. Our young guys are good as hell.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow a blair walsh miss... :/ He shanked that one pretty bad.

in the O-Line's defense, the Lions' front 4 is pretty amazing.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I have a bad feeling about that Blair Walsh miss. That would have basically put it away. This is still a game.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bootleg! Bootleg! bootleg! Jesus christ I can't tell you how sick I am of seeing those
Old 09-30-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

3-1.

Feels good man.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings Dynasty
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

we finally won a divisional game a;lkja;lkha;lkfshsda;
Old 09-30-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I could see 7-3 going into the bye week.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple thoughts on the game

- Holy ****, the secondary is playing so well right now. I really hope they can keep it up, but part of me thinks some regression to the mean is due soon.

- Pass rush got going in the 2nd half which is obviously essential to the unit's success. Jared Allen had a pretty solid game, but Robison didn't do much. I wonder if we will see Griffen get some more burn on the left end.

- Ponder had a very pedestrian game, although a lot of his potential yards were negated by penalties. Still encouraging that the lapses in judgement are becoming much less frequent.

- Not sure if I have seen Adrian Peterson run that hard in quite some time. Absolutely loved what I saw from him. On a related note, thought the OL played very well again today. They didn't get as good of a push as they probably wanted, but it was enough for how good Peterson was running. Pass blocking wasn't an issue either.

- Lions ST coach better update his resume. Gotta be over for him. 2 guys lost contain on Harvin's kickoff return and there was way too many bad angles taken on Sherels' return
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our identity this year. They are tough as nails. We have been smashing everyone right in the mouth. Simpson is a huge addition to our offense. Our rookies all look awesome. Smith and Robinson could be special. And Greenway is elite.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a pretty win today but its a win. Thank god for our Special Teams today. Sherels Return better be on the Top 10 plays of the NFL this past week on SC. Offense just couldn't get it going today other than AD. But damn I didn't think in the first 4 weeks we would be 3-1. Lets keep it going guys.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best looking thing about today's game was how good the 49ers looked crushing the Jets. Gives a little bit more credit to our team with our dominating victory over them

Today was pretty ugly, but a win is a win.

I love 3-1.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As others have said, it was ugly, but we'll definitely take it. The special teams was great, and the defense was great for the first 3 quarters+. I didn't get to see the last half of the 4th quarter, but got to listen to parts of it on the radio. Hell, 3 wins is as many as they won all of last season, and that's as many divisional games as they've won in the last two seasons combined.

The offense seemed like the offense of the past couple years: would move the ball a ways, but then would stall out. Ponder was efficient, but couldn't get much more going than that. His numbers would look a lot better when you consider the defensive pass interferences that Simpson was able to draw as they weren't able to complete anything downfield, but those really helped. He didn't turn the ball over, which with how the special teams and defense played, that was about all he needed to do. Peterson ran hard and had a damn good game, but he still isn't back to 100%. He just doesn't have that same explosion out of the hole, otherwise he would have broke a couple of those for big yardage rather than the 10-12 he was getting.

Everson Griffen played a hell of a game in his limited duty, but he's really starting to show the potential that had many calling for him to be a late 1st rounder rather than the inconsistency and immaturity that caused him to last to the 4th. Greenway continued his strong play, and Brinkley had a heck of a game as well. The safeties played very well, even though Sanford dropped an easy pick, just holding Calvin to 5 for 54 and no scores is damn good, especially with Smith's hit to knock the ball out of Calvin's hands in the end zone - which proved to be huge, holding them to a field goal. I really like what Josh Robinson has showed. They kept going right at him, but he held up well. Which brings me to the ******** unnecessary roughness penalty called on him for tackling Burleson hard. Just a terrible call, and I can't believe they didn't pick it up after conferencing.

Damn. I meant to right a few sentences and ended writing all of this.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 09-30-2012 at 10:02 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few quick hits from the game:

- Really like what Simpson's going to bring to the offense and that Ponder has the faith in throwing it deep to him.
- Peterson looked the best he has this year and hopefully that continues as the year goes on.
- Kudos to the secondary and also the LB corps these past two games without Erin Henderson. Brinkley has played fine, especially in the nickel.
- Ponder continues to manage with the flashes of plays when needed. Nothing dumb, 1/4 of the year without an INT isn't bad.
- Pass rush seems to be coming along as the year goes on. Like having Allen/Robison/Griffin on the outside and Guion is making the plays the staff thought he could make when they brought him back.

Overall, it's a win. If someone would've told me the Vikings were 3-1 with wins over the 49ers and Lions at the quarter point of the year, I wouldn't believe it.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote