Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Would You Give Up a 1st Rounder for Tony Romo?

Lot of QB prospect talk in this forum. So my question to you guys with teams who need a QB. Would you give up a 1st rounder for Tony Romo?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Carson Palmer could fetch a 1st and a 2nd...so can Romo

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is what 33 years old? No. But only because of age. He's got about 4 yrs in him but that's the only reason why I wouldn't.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would be the potential landing spots? Jets and Bills? Bucs?

I mean if a 28 year old Weeden and a 31 year old Palmer are worth it then no doubt a 32 year old Romo is. 3-4 years out of a top ~10 QB is worth it imo for teams like the Jets and Bucs who might think they're on the cusp and a top QB is all that's holding them back.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 10-02-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is messy. It really depends for me - are the skill positions set in place for him? Offensive line? If the team is solid-quarterback-play-away from serious contention and I'm the GM, then sure I'd probably fork it out.

Other end of the spectrum: If we don't have the pieces in place (weak receivers, average to below average OL) then no, I'd draft a 22 year old top-flight prospect and address the surrounding issues early in the same draft and following draft to hope for long-term success.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 10-02-2012 at 02:54 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind also that Tony Romo started late so the wear and tear factor is lessened even though he has played behind some of the worst offensive lines in the league.

I think he'd bring more than the Palmer deal but I also think the chances of a flock of flying pigs nesting on top of the Eiffel Tower is more likely than Romo being dealt.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'd have to be good in most phases to want to invest a #1 in Tony at this stage of his career. Hello Seattle.

Having said that they'd probably have him and Flynn as their backups on Sundays.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You better make sure you get a shot at one of Barkley, Wilson or Smith too because I wouldn't want to deal Romo just to wind up with one of Manuel, Bray or Landry Jones.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason Carson Palmer went for that much, is because the Raiders are stupid. That deal shouldn't be used as guide to what QB's should go for.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You'd have to be good in most phases to want to invest a #1 in Tony at this stage of his career. Hello Seattle.

Having said that they'd probably have him and Flynn as their backups on Sundays.
Intriguing proposition for both Seattle and Arizona IMO.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

It's also funny that we say the only teams who would be generally interested in an aging starter like Romo would be the ones with pieces already in place to help him succeed. If the Cowboys deal Romo they immediately become one of those teams haha. I just don't think it makes sense for them to trade him at this point. He's still a top QB and shouldn't be written off based on one bad game. I mean two weeks ago people were asking the same questions about Cutler after a terrible primetime performance vs GB. Romo's just the whipping boy of the week atm.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The only reason Carson Palmer went for that much, is because Hue Jackson is a stupid prick. That deal shouldn't be used as guide to what QB's should go for.
Get your **** straight.

It shouldn't be the guide but you'd be naive to not think it will be. Like the DeAngelo Williams contract.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had the rest of the team in place and QB was the only thing holding me back, I'd gladly trade a first for Romo. The point of draft picks isn't to throw a party in April, it's to acquire good players so you can make a Super Bowl run.

I don't see Romo being traded at this point, though.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Intriguing proposition for both Seattle and Arizona IMO.
I would say Arizona is a perfect fit but they'll probably be hesitant to give up another high pick and a big extension to a QB(Of course Romo is way more proven than Kolb so it's not exactly a gamble but the principle remains). The fact that Kolb hasn't been terrible so far this year doesn't help either. Could be interesting to follow in the offseason depending on how the season shakes out though.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Get your **** straight.

It shouldn't be the guide but you'd be naive to not think it will be. Like the DeAngelo Williams contract.
The Cowboys would try to use it as a guide, but teams aren't going to see what Carson Palmer went for and then give up more for Romo. That's what i'm saying.

And yeah, that's what I meant. Reggie McKenzie to the rescue!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trend for teams in need of a QB is to get a young guy. Romo has trade value, but I think a team with a top 20 would rather just keep the pick and try to find a young QB.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's worth a First Round pick, but I believe some NFL team would be dumb enough to use one to get him.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The trend for teams in need of a QB is to get a young guy. Romo has trade value, but I think a team with a top 20 would rather just keep the pick and try to find a young QB.
I agree. In this case though we're talking the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry isn't going to sign off on anything that looks like a rebuild job. I think he'd go with someone in the Andrew Luck or Matt Stafford category out of college but not sure how they'd be able to get to that position.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a word, no. In two words, hell no. But I'd give up a 5th for him probably.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't but that doesn't mean some team isn't stupid enough to do it. I'd rather have him than Palmer. Even if I had an established team I'm not sure Romo would take me all the way. I'd be more worried about the contract he needs than the picks.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jags should take him
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes yes yes for Seattle. 0 chance Dallas trades him. Nobody will give up a high enough pick for Dallas to get a good rookie QB. They wont trade Romo without a succession plan in place.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have absolutely no problem if someone traded a 1st round pick, but I wouldn't be that person. I believe Romo is one of those guys who is good enough to keep you in playoff contention every year, but not good enough to ever win a Super Bowl.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Romo is what 33 years old? No. But only because of age. He's got about 4 yrs in him but that's the only reason why I wouldn't.
And maybe 1 good year. Or two max.

Giving a first round pick up for that is nuts.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a long shot, but I could actually see this happening. Like has been mentioned, teams that feel they are a QB away (Arizona, NY Jets- need OL help too, Oakland, etc) could like Romo. 33 isn't that bad for a QB with only 2700 throws (about 600 more than Matt Ryan, basically a season more wear and tear). He could clearly have 4 solid seasons left. Kurt Warner was left for dead and basically became a Hall of Famer after age 35 with a similar number of throws as Romo has now.

With Dallas' schedule, they should easily be picking in the top 15 again this year. Throw in a 2nd first rounder and Dallas could again move up to get the guy they want.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote