Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not a pack fan one bit, I actually like the Seahawks, Ive always been a huge marshawn fan (hes from my hometown), I love their secondary, a fan of Russell Wilson, Zach Miller was one of my fav raiders...i could go on...but homerism has nothing to do with this. It has everything to do with the complete loss of integrity of the game.

As far as Seahawk fans, I dont think they should apologize. I dont think Pete Carroll should apologize. Its not their fault the refs did that, they controlled what they could. A wins a win. When you get a win with an assist from the refs, you should thank your lucky stars and move on. But to sit around and try to act like a travesty didnt take place and argue that the call was right or that the calls evened out is RIDICULOUS

All the Seahawk fans want to talk about the Cam Chancellor PI that extended the drive that turned into a TD. That call was bad and wrong, but not THAT BAD. Thats a typical call that even the best officials can get wrong plenty of the time. There was some contact. And were talking about a 10 yard penalty around midfield. The Packers still had to drive the rest of the way and punch it in.

The sequence of calls that took place in the Seahawks favor was absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!! That late roughing the passer flag to wipe off the first INT was as bad as it gets. The PI on Sam Shields was as blatant of a poor PI call as there could possibly be, it was 100x worse than the Chancellor PI. And the TD call was maybe the worst call in the history of the NFL.

And also, I keep hearing people say how offensive PI rarely gets called, especially in that situation, and they dont have a problem with it. THATS NONSENSE. just cuz they normally let it go, doesnt mean you can just throw people out of the way. Tate's two-handed push in the back was as blatant as it gets and for them to have missed that is completely ridiculous. It hapenned right in front of the official. Theyd been throwing late flags all year and all game, why not then?
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Think about it this way, why was Jennings even going for the int anyways? Always bat the ball down.

Did you watch the Lions game on sunday? batted ball turned into deflected TD pass, game goes to OT. Jennings did the right thing, he bats that down, he gives Tate a chance to catch the deflection. Nothing wrong with intercepting that.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
please quote a single place, in this thread, that i've suggested that the seahawks didn't benefit from calls. can't? then it would be tremendous if you'd stop lying.

and no, none of those people are 'more annoyed'. stop it. they, like everyone else on planet earth, think that was a garbage call. but you and a couple (but by no means all or even most) of your fellow fans are the only ones who seem bound and determined to act like it was the only important play in the entire game and that no other call had any affect on the outcome. sorry, it was a crap call. but then, you don't score and the game ends without a crap call. the seahawks aren't in position to win without a crap call. but then, all the packers 'vaunted' offense had to do was get a first down and they win.
I accept, the packers benefited when we got given a first down. No one would say otherwise. But you made out as if the moaning about the play was unjustified, because the packers got given a first down...a first down...do you know how stupid that sounds? And you do all this whilst not brining up that the exact same thing happened to the Seahawks.

When did i ever bring up specific people that we more annoyed? Just look at twitter last night and you'll see. EVERYONE was outraged. I was just laughing at how bad it was. But you're still making out like its justs packers fans, which is just sad.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
please quote a single place, in this thread, that i've suggested that the seahawks didn't benefit from calls. can't? then it would be tremendous if you'd stop lying.

and no, none of those people are 'more annoyed'. stop it. they, like everyone else on planet earth, think that was a garbage call. but you and a couple (but by no means all or even most) of your fellow fans are the only ones who seem bound and determined to act like it was the only important play in the entire game and that no other call had any affect on the outcome. sorry, it was a crap call. but then, you don't score and the game ends without a crap call. the seahawks aren't in position to win without a crap call. but then, all the packers 'vaunted' offense had to do was get a first down and they win.

Yes, the Packers played like crap on offense and had plenty of other chances to make sure it didn't come down to that last play

even with that, they still should have won. They did enough to win. You can call it one of those "ugly wins" but it still should have been a win.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting a great deal of pleasure from this, most specifically in my loins.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It just feels so good to be on the other side of this.

After you lose a BS game like this - all you want to do is think about it and talk about it.

After winning it, you just sit back and watch the hysteria. DM, WG.

Testeverde call cost the Seahawks a playoff spot.
Super Bowl XL.

Stealing a W3 win is nothing compared to that. Especially for a team like the Packers, who should make the playoffs anyway and have already won playoff games on the road.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yes, the Packers played like crap on offense and had plenty of other chances to make sure it didn't come down to that last play

even with that, they still should have won. They did enough to win. You can call it one of those "ugly wins" but it still should have been a win.
Truth is the game was a great defensive battle. The Seahawks played incredible defense in the first half. The Packers played incredible defense the entire game. Nobodys talking about the ******** call that set up the Seahawks TD in the first half. The Packers offense made good adjustements and moved the ball in the second half. It was a close game and the Packers made the necessary plays to win at the end, and the refs took it from them. 3 times!!! A BS roughing the passer, an even bigger PI, and then the capper of course on game-winning interception.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've actually been enjoying the hysteria of it all

what a cluster[redacted] for the NFL. This is gonna get talked more than Tim Tebow
Old 09-25-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...60967679_n.jpg

there was another good one that showed Russell Wilson smiling in the post-game interview. Caption says: Why is Russell Wilson so happy? He is the first QB in history to throw a game-winning interception
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They still need to come up with a name for this that everyone remembers it by! Has there been one yet?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
People don't turn away from a train wreck.
Unfortunately, you're right. Therefore, nothing is going to change.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just like it didn't happen to the Raiders or I'd be kicking some hobos in Dtown LA somewhere.

It just lets me enjoy all this that much more since I don't particularly like either team.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...60967679_n.jpg

there was another good one that showed Russell Wilson smiling in the post-game interview. Caption says: Why is Russell Wilson so happy? He is the first QB in history to throw a game-winning interception
Another Seahawks QB threw a game winning interception while playing the Packers.

And yes I get what they meant, but with that wording they're technically wrong.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's funny how only packers fans don't have an issue with the fact that the entire game was a joke, from an officiating standpoint, and are the only ones who don't care that their sole touchdown was a direct result of a horrific call.

look! i can play the implied homer game, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Expected better from you njx. Should know better than to try and use common sense and rationale with Packer fans.
This is getting old especially since it's geen almost two years since the injury plagued season and J-Mike hardly posts in the Pro Football forum. Every Packer fan here has a right to be upset here, as does anyone else who respects the game. Steve Young and Trent Dilfer said the Packers were robbed. Obviously homers, right? No because Dilfer raised the ******* flag before the game. But hey, lets all take shots at Packers fans because its the cool thing to do on these forums.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
They still need to come up with a name for this that everyone remembers it by! Has there been one yet?
Football Outsiders called it REFPOCALYPSE. I like that.

I've also seen "the immaculate interception" and "touception."

WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i wasn't taking a shot at packers fans, for the record, just at that statement. ever since you all stopped letting j-mike post new threads on the nfl board, you've been a pretty rational (i mean, by nfldc standards) fan base.
We've worked very hard to rebuild our reputation.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
I agree about the "this isnt even a real NFL" assertion. the games all weekend have been a joke. refs are getting bullied, players dont know what the refs are gonna call cuz they have no consistency, they are making ridiculous mistakes, the pace of the game is being ruined, and I firmly believe there is some vegas corruption going on here.

But to say "the Seahawks got jobbed" as well is ridiculous. Okay, there were some bad calls that went against them, but there was a flurry of HORRIBLE calls in the late 4th quarter that allowed the seahawks to win that game. I honestly believe there was vegas corruption involved here. If you think about it, it really was the perfect situation for a rigged game. MNF after a crazy weekend of betting, about 85% of money was on the packers, i think i heard someone say there was about 500 million on that game and that it had been a record weekend before that, which is why there was so much on the MNF game, everyone wants to get their $ back and of course everyone takes the pack. Think about the calls down the stretch.

On the Packers TD drive, they obviously wanted the Pack to get a FG instead of a TD so they wouldnt cover. Jennings had the near-TD that got reviewed. He didnt get the TD, but he clearly had the first down. They take away the TD AND the 1st, so its third and short. Rodgers gets it and they try to not give it to him so they will kick a FG and win but not cover. After the challenge, theyre forced to reverse it. On the ensuing drive, Wilson gets picked off, but they call a late flag nonsense roughing the passser. Really? Then its 1st and 30, and they call a ridiculous PI, one of the worst PI calls Ive ever seen. Hawks are unable to capitalize, but when they get the chance to give the game to the Hawks at the end, they do it, even though its clearly an INT. I dont think the whole crew was in on it, but the guy who ruled it a TD was the same guy who called the PI and I if i went back, it would be no surprise find he also made other bad calls against the Pack. Incompetence is the perfect cover for corruption, and vegas capitilized on it. People are too naive to believe it, and the NFL will cover up, but I see it how I see it. But whether it was fixed or not, the Hawks got a lot more help from the refs than the pack.
You know what? I'm just going to mostly give this to you. Because first of all, I think the point I was trying to make has been made. It just sucks as a Seahawks fan to get this huge opportunity on the national stage, have are-you freaking-kidding-me 7 sacks in the first half, and then in the second half have the entire game turn into a shitshow where by the end of the game you don't really know who "should" be in winning position because you're counting up a score of bad calls on both hands to weigh against each other. And if you want to say, before the very last play, "OK! now THIS play is the one that counts and legitimizes this entire travesty!" then yeah, Packers fans are the ones with a gripe.

But this was far and away one of the worst-officiated games I have ever seen, at any level, and my jaw was on the floor when they called defensive pass interference in response to Sidney Rice literally jumping on top of the cornerback from behind, far before the ball had arrived, had his hands on his freaking helmet and facemask, and the guy's actually in perfect position in front of Sidney, looking back at the ball and tracking it, and only couldn't intercept it because he was being tackled. Sidney Rice wasn't even going for the ball.

It went both ways. There might've been more one way than another, but it went both ways enough that, to me, any way it turned out had been sullied. There's no scorecard in football. It's all about coming out on top of a game played entirely within the rules. When the Packers were driving and still behind, they had that third down where a Seahawk got flagged for perfect pass defense. The amount of contact there wouldn't have been called a foul in the NBA. But the flag's on the field, the defense's stand is wasted and eventually the Packers scored the TD that put them ahead. Never should've happened. Complain about the final play all you want, but Green Bay didn't have a rightful lead.

But this rings true to me -

Quote:
Incompetence is the perfect cover for corruption
If ever there was a time, it's now. Could've seen it last night.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ You know, if there's a corruption angle... Have the ref extend a Packers drive with a bad call before throwing it for Seattle. Makes more sense.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

yeah i totally feel you. I think the worst part about this whole thing is that we cant even talk about the football game. Win or lose, the Seahawks played a great game. Their first half defense was incredible. The way Rodgers handled the adversity and adjusted in the second half is what makes him the best QB in the league. We should be talking about what a great football game was played. And we should be talking about what a great football game was played on sunday night. But because of these ridiculous refs, all we talk about is the officiating.

As far as the corruption goes, even if I am right, it probably wasnt the whole crew, maybe just one guy (the guy who made the PI call and the TD call, and possibly others as well, i havent gone back and reviwed the whole thing or anything like that. and it has to be somewhat subtle.

And I really think that PI on Kam was overblown. That was the typical horrible PI call the old officials used to always make. and the packers probly go for it on 4th down and get it anyways.

And also, from the corruption angle, I think they wanted the Pack to win 9-7, they wanted them to kick that FG and then try to kill the clock. A pack win would be fine, just as long as they dont cover
Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why it surprises me that people still say so much dumb **** on message boards. I just don't know why I still get surprised. The Packers weren't "robbed" because there were other bad calls in the game that had as much of an impact on the outcome as the final play did? You have to be a complete fool to even propose the possible suggestion that the game shouldn't have ended 12-7. You have to be foolish to say that Green Bay benefited from something, and that they only had the lead because of the officiating.

Here is what I saw... aside from terrible officiating, which I've seen all damn season long...

Seattle's offense was terrible. They didn't do anything the entire game despite one single 41 yard pass play. Other than that? Lynch carried a one dimensional offense that went nowhere. Recaping Seattle's offense... Seattle produces 7 points thru 59 minutes of football. That's unimpressive. You usually don't expect to win with that type of performance, and in this case, it wasn't enough.

The Packers offense looked pathetic in the 1st half and the Seahawks defense looked like the best in the NFL. 2nd half? Packers move the ball up and down the field, seemingly at will with a short passing game and a complimentary + consistent rushing attack. The Packers wind up looking like the better team after they score on (3) separate drives in the 2nd half to take a 12 to 7 lead.

Seattle blows a chance to score a go ahead TD with less than 2 minutes in the game. This is after they were bailed out with a terrible roughing the passer call that took away an INT. Then they got lucky again on a bad PI call, keeping the drive alive and producing big yardage via BS penalities. Even though they were given friendly breaks, they failed to capitilze. But Seattle did get the back back with less than a minute. They are left with a desperation heave on 4th down to the endzone. Golden Tate (who I like) commits a blatant OPI. Then a packers defender goes up and intercepts the ball. Tate puts his hands on the football while the ball is pinned to the defensively players chest.

These atrocious offficials call it a TD and make one of the worst calls I have ever seen. There isn't even a terrible rule (i.e.tuck rule) that justifies this brainless call. It was a clear cut interception. Game over. Packers win. But no, doesn't work that way with these bozos in stripes.

They literrally took the INT away from the Packers (for a second time) and gave Tate a TD on a pass he never caught, thus ending the game. That is robbery (figuratively speaking) by these referees.

The Seahawks lost the game because their offense was anemic. Plain and simple. They didn't outplay the Packers. Green Bay did everything they were supposed to do to earn a win. They scored three times to take the lead late in the game, and then they stopped the Seahawks from a come back by intercepting a hail mary. What else can you ask of them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-26-2012 at 04:53 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tomorrow, I'm going to walk up to M.D. Jennings' car, put my hand on the hood of it, and then see if I can get a court of law to rule that it's legally mine.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9514--nfl.html

I probably laughed way too hard at this.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers play by play on the incident.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 09-26-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote