Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The "they came to a compromise" line wasn't enough for you?
Derpity-derp I can't read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The silver lining to that MNF game!

now, all is right in the world. The real refs are back, fans will still complain about officiating

it's come full circle
That is a given. Until week 3 I staunchly supported the replacements and pointed to past "real" ref mistakes for comparison. But the truth is the real refs at the very least did not get intimidated and controlled by players, coaches, and the crowd. To me that was the worst part, the replacements called the game like they were scared.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
looks like everyone's incessant bitching on facebook and twitter worked!
I think one call from Jerry Jones is equal to a million fans bitching but we'll take it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guyz, the NFL has no reason to try and get a deal done. All the bad reffing in the world wont change that.

Hopefully we'll get somewhat better officiated games from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter King saying the deal is not yet imminent

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eal/index.html

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Guyz, the NFL has no reason to try and get a deal done. All the bad reffing in the world wont change that.

Hopefully we'll get somewhat better officiated games from here on out.
Don't act like a tool over this. Their ratings weren't hurting (and in fact were projected to INCREASE because of people tuning in hoping for another crazy game like MNF's.)

We'll never know if Monday's debacle actually caused the NFL to drop their negotiation stance or not, they'll never admit it, but what this did go to show was that people will watch NFL football pretty much no matter what.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Peter King saying the deal is not yet imminent

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...eal/index.html
That's pretty standard stuff in negotiations. Word comes out there's a deal, someone drags their feet and then both sides regroup and a majority say quit ####ing around and get it done.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More exactly:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lra-agreement/

Quote:
Sports Illustrated’s Peter King just tweeted: “NFLRA negotiator Scott Green has notified officials that a deal is not imminent.”

That dovetails with the NFL Network’s Albert Breer’s report this morning, which acknowledged progress but noted substantial differences on the pension issue.

Perhaps the truest words of the last hour were uttered by NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith, who also took to Twitter.

“Having done this before, everyone needs to wait until the ink is dry.”
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That's pretty standard stuff in negotiations. Word comes out there's a deal, someone drags their feet and then both sides regroup and a majority say quit ####ing around and get it done.
Yea, I don't exactly buy anything Peter King tries to sell anyway, just wanted to throw it out there. I expect this deal to complete like Mort and Schefty are saying.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real refs are selfish as ****.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't act like a tool over this. Their ratings weren't hurting (and in fact were projected to INCREASE because of people tuning in hoping for another crazy game like MNF's.)

We'll never know if Monday's debacle actually caused the NFL to drop their negotiation stance or not, they'll never admit it, but what this did go to show was that people will watch NFL football pretty much no matter what.
No just two days after they decided they'd reach a deal..... Obviously doesn't mean that was the reason and clearly the ratings weren't hurting, but seems odd that as of this weekend they made no progress and were pretty far apart, to all of a sudden getting a deal done. I'm going to go ahead and say its a pretty safe assumption to make. And if I wanted to act like a tool, I'd go into any thread where people were having discussion on the refs and tell them they shouldn't because they weren't changing anything- which was relevant to conversation, and inform everyone of how smart I am by not talking about because it wont change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
would be surprised if they were able to get a crew going by tomorrow night. glad it got worked out.
Too much to do. They have to have two votes on the NFLRA side (executive committee and all regular refs) as well as pass physicals and be suited up. I'm shocked the regular refs will work this week at all.

So glad to see the scabs gone though.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We'll never know if Monday's debacle actually caused the NFL to drop their negotiation stance or not
There are 4 key issues they are disputing. If the NFL gave in on any of them without significant concessions on the NFLRA, then it would seem that MNF had a bad impact on the NFL.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Too much to do. They have to have two votes on the NFLRA side (executive committee and all regular refs) as well as pass physicals and be suited up. I'm shocked the regular refs will work this week at all.

So glad to see the scabs gone though.
Actually got sent home from work one day during contract negotiations for wearing a "Scabs leave scars" T-shirt. Take it to the streets baby.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun fact: I was expelled from high school by one of the NFL referees(Pete Morelli)
Old 09-26-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I'm definitely in the minority here but I hope the real refs don't work this weekend. They haven't been trained on the new rules. Some of them probably got a little out of shape in the long layoff. Give the real refsan extra week to get prepared.
worst idea ever. these guys have been doing it for years, and Im sure they have gone over whatever rule changes were put into place. They knew they were gonna have to be ready to go, and Im sure they will be. Maybe a lil rust, but it shouldnt be that serious.

And besides, have you not been watching the replacement refs??? I dont care how rusty they are, they cant be worse.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also heard none of the players who talked crap are gonna get fined. shanahan and bellichick did get fined.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

HellonEarth84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I dont see that. They know all the NFL owners are filthy rich and they know they are an integral part of the game that makes all these billions, so of course they want their slice of the pie. I put it 100% on the owners selfishness in this whole thing. They are the ones respsonsible for protecting the integrity of the game, and in this case it means taking care of their employees. What the refs are asking for is so miniscule compared to what the owners make.

And all this stuff about inelastic demand would only go so far. If they kept the replacement refs all year, people would eventualy get tired of it and rating would decline eventually. Im as big an NFL fan as there is, and I know I would stop watching as much if the holdout continued too much longer.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Usually you add, "i haven't been following it but.....". If you aren't at the negotiating table you have no idea what is going. Keep in mind it was the refs that were locked out.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
That looked like Aaron Rodgers there for a minute.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That looked like Aaron Rodgers there for a minute.
The next time the Packers play the Giants, someone needs to make an Escape From New York photoshop, complete with Rodgers in an eyepatch.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Fun fact: I was expelled from high school by one of the NFL referees(Pete Morelli)
Please tell the full story.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish it was something interesting or cool but really it was just stupid. Simply put, I threw a pretzel(little one, not the big ones) and hit a teacher in the back of the head. Teacher didn't know who did it, but I guess she asked around and somebody ratted me out

Pete Morelli told me they don't tolerate disrespect to teachers and poof, I was gone. It was a catholic school(uniforms and all) so the quick trigger on expulsion for something like that was to be expected. Good decision on my part since the public school I went to was better anyway. A lot more variety in their elective classes which was sweet

I have some of the weirdest connections to the NFL, now that I think about it. Expelled from high school by an NFL ref, got my ass kicked in 3rd grade by a current NFL Olineman, and my older sister got hit on at a restaurant(she was a waitress) by Lorenzo Neal. Neal used the most cliched pickup lines while trying to flirt with my sister. He even pulled out the "once you go black, you never go back" line to her. He also was speaking in some sexual tone when ordering his food to her and said that he'd get her tix to a Chargers game and fly her out there and what not