Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You replaced Nicks with Ben Grubbs though, who is very good in his own right. Is that really the issue with the offense? That would really surprise me.
grubbs is playing like crap. Not saying its the only issue but having supreme guards was what allowed the saints to have a very short qb and very mediocre OTs, the pressure just went round the back of brees without ever getting to him because he could step up in the pocket. This season there is way more interior pressure resulting in an offensive @$@%#@show

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think you guys could use a safety, de/olb like Montgomery, maybe an inside backer, or another receiver. Solid all round team no doubt but I think you could definitely upgrade a few of those spots. A lot of that comes from my hatred of Bernard pollard and the rest of it is just a question of age at certain spots. Is there a plan for when Matt birk leaves either?

As far as de/olb goes, not really a need but I couldn't see ozzie passing on a guy like Montgomery. Kruger is ok, I think upshaw will be good there, and then there's Suggs who although he look like a fatAss will be dominant again I'm sure.
Yeah they could use a S - to eventually replace Reed not Pollard. They just took Thompson in the 4th round but he looks like a major project. The plan to replace Birk is Gino Gradkowski. He looked good in the preseason/training camp and I don't think they will target a C. ILB is a position that needs to be upgraded. Ellerbe has played better so far this season but both he and McClain are fairly average players that aren't particularly good at anything. WR is something to look for early if they cut Boldin after the season.

Adding another pass-rusher would be great for the defense even with Suggs coming back. That's probably the biggest weakness on the defense and it would be nice to have two guys that can consistently get to the QB again. I don't think it would be hard to get Suggs, Upshaw, and (rookie pass-rusher) on the field at the same time but they do have Pees as the DC.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote