Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take away Chris Johnson's longest carry of the season and he has 32 carries for 32 yards.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Take away Chris Johnson's longest carry of the season and he has 32 carries for 32 yards.
Classic example of the old take away "insert X statistic". But ya, he sucks.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was my first pick in my fantasy draft. I'm still doing pretty well, but man. Thought last year was the anomaly. It's really... well, it's not "hard to believe," because we've all seen it before. But definitely disappointing that (possibly) the fastest player ever to play on an NFL field only gave us 3 good seasons. It sucks that we all got to watch that for two years and think we might be looking at one of those special players that every generation talks about, saying "I remember when so-and-so played," but Chris Johnson's legacy, right now, is "That guy who set the record at the combine, set the yardage record in '09, and then was satisfied with having one of the best individual single-seasons ever."

Last edited by Caulibflower : 09-28-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, ****. Someone as special as Chris Johnson shouldn't have a production arc like Mike Furrey. It's guys like that who have one special season. They try and try their whole careers, then there's that one season they're featured in an offense and put up some numbers before the team moves on. Chris Johnson is the guy that the team sticks with, and keeps giving opportunities because of his transcendental ability. It's almost like he's so ******* talented that he believes his own ********. He thinks if he's not gaining yards, his offensive line must not be blocking well enough. Because he ran for over 2000! and it was easy!

Because lets be really honest here. People are talking about Chris Johnson not being tough, but he was never a tough runner. When he was running well, he was blasting through big holes and getting 15 yards down the field before the defense could figure out which angle to take on him. And then when there was less space, defenders were still always so afraid of taking one angle and having him make one cut and run the other way, that they'd be squatting and grabbing instead of hitting him, and that's about the only time a 185 lb running back is going to run over anybody, and that's what we saw CJ do a few times. On a team like they have now, trying to work in a rookie QB and some new offensive players, there's a different kind of burden on Johnson and he just doesn't look like he's willing to be a good running back. It's sort of like he runs like he only wants to be a superstar. Like he only wants to make highlight-reel runs anymore.

It's actually quite strange. It's a bit like Chris Johnson is turning into a worse version of young CJ Spiller while Spiller is turning into what Chris Johnson used to look like.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 09-28-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to explain watching a player of CJ's talent level who looks like he's flat out quit.

He's not even producing like a 3rd string backup RB.
Right now he's untradable.

One thing I'll say about Reggie Bush, the guy gives 100% every minute he's on the football field.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
One thing I'll say about Reggie Bush, the guy gives 100% every minute he's on the football field.
This is really true. Even back with the Saints, when he was averaging less than 4 ypc and everyone would be yelling at their TVs during Saints games, saying "Quit dancing, Reggie!" you never felt like you were watching someone who didn't want to get hit, or wasn't giving his full effort, you just wanted to see Bush be more decisive. And to his credit - he has, and is finally looking like the upper-tier offensive player everyone expected him to be.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These threads are cool cause it's neat to get a glimpse of the outside looking in. It's funny how flaws are all of the sudden being heavily criticized when the player is playing bad, but those same flaws were overlooked when he was playing well. He's always been a finesse player. He has always sacrificed the 3 yard gain in exchange for the chance to hit the homerun, which leads to the negative runs. He's always been selfish, and back when the Tits lost to the Pats 59-0, CJ said after the game that he didn't care about the score as long as he got his yards. He has always done this, so I struggle to believe these are the factors leading to his struggle.

And I think a lot of the negative attention has to do with fantasy football players being upset that one of their players isn't producing. Add that to the people who will mock just to mock, and it's pretty easy to ignore this discussion.

Oh, and CJ is definitely slower than he used to be. That 350+ carry season when he went over 2,000 seems to have knocked him down a notch. It's hard to tell just how fast he is now because we haven't seen him go full bore in 19 games, it seems. He's definitely not the 4.24 40 guy we're used to, so I'd say high 4.3 40, and I feel that's being generous. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt in a straight line.

Still, a 2,000 yard season and breaking the yourfavestoner record is worth it, to me. He's cemented himself into the history books, and no matter how bad he's playing, no one can take that away from him. There may be better RB's in the league now, but none of them can match what CJ did that year.

I sometimes wonder if CJ has been shell shocked, like Carr was. Over the last 2 seasons, he has gotten hit in the backfield and has run into a brick wall enough times that maybe it has affected his psyche. In '08-'09, the OL would demolish defenses and clear the way for CJ. That line had 3 guys who were Pro Bowlers/All Pros in Roos, Stewart, and Mawae. Now, and especially this season, we have 2 guys who shouldn't even be starting, and the only thing the front office did to resolve the situation was sign a geriatric Steve Hutchinson.

To me, CJ's struggles are the cause of the perfect mix of negative variables. The Tennessee OL is consistently rated the worst in run-blocking from game-to-game. He gets no holes and is often hit before he makes the LOS, and this has led to him tip-toeing to the line in anticipation of the line failing to make room. This has been compounded by his knack for sacrificing what the defense gives him in exchange for a chance to hit a homer. He's not a YAC, power RB, so no space is a recipe for failure. Quinn Johnson, his FB, is terrible, and CJ is more effective when he has a lead blocker. The defense, while young and full of potential, isn't that stout, so many times the Titans are playing from behind, which means fewer carries for CJ and fewer yards (CJ's carry total has declined by 50+ each season after his 2,000 yard year). The playcalling and formations are incredibly predictable, and whenever the FB is in the game, the play will be a run to whichever side the FB is on. OL Coach Bruce Matthews is a rookie, so the guy coaching up the horrendous OL has no coaching experience. Locker is a first year starter, so defenses will stack the box and make Locker win it through the air. Since DL's can win single-handed on the interior of the OL, it allows LB's to set the edge and get outside to contain CJ. There's no threat of the OL clearing a path for CJ up the middle, so while in the past CJ could make cheating defensive players pay by splitting the gut while the LB's are outside or by getting to the edge and shooting down the sidelines while LB's creep inside, that's no longer the case. It's the edge or bust for a big play, and that gives the defense the advantage. It's doomsday for a home run back like CJ.

Don't get me wrong. I've stopped defending CJ a long time ago. You have to actually try to fail in order to put up these numbers, and I don't care how bad the situation is. 1.4 YPC is unacceptable, so there's plenty of blame to place on his shoulders. But it's easy for me to see why the whole thing has gone to ****, and unfortunately for CJ, what makes him so special is what's making him so terrible right now.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this was my first year where i picked him up on my FF team. Alfred Morris is now my starting RB. Alfred ******* Morris. now I'm keeping CJ just in case he gets the picture and starts to ball. same reason i keep vick around

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TH gtfo with your nicely written logical argument. The **** you think this is? Some sore of discussion forum?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
These threads are cool cause it's neat to get a glimpse of the outside looking in. It's funny how flaws are all of the sudden being heavily criticized when the player is playing bad, but those same flaws were overlooked when he was playing well. He's always been a finesse player. He has always sacrificed the 3 yard gain in exchange for the chance to hit the homerun, which leads to the negative runs. He's always been selfish, and back when the Tits lost to the Pats 59-0, CJ said after the game that he didn't care about the score as long as he got his yards. He has always done this, so I struggle to believe these are the factors leading to his struggle.

And I think a lot of the negative attention has to do with fantasy football players being upset that one of their players isn't producing. Add that to the people who will mock just to mock, and it's pretty easy to ignore this discussion.

Oh, and CJ is definitely slower than he used to be. That 350+ carry season when he went over 2,000 seems to have knocked him down a notch. It's hard to tell just how fast he is now because we haven't seen him go full bore in 19 games, it seems. He's definitely not the 4.24 40 guy we're used to, so I'd say high 4.3 40, and I feel that's being generous. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt in a straight line.

Still, a 2,000 yard season and breaking the yourfavestoner record is worth it, to me. He's cemented himself into the history books, and no matter how bad he's playing, no one can take that away from him. There may be better RB's in the league now, but none of them can match what CJ did that year.

I sometimes wonder if CJ has been shell shocked, like Carr was. Over the last 2 seasons, he has gotten hit in the backfield and has run into a brick wall enough times that maybe it has affected his psyche. In '08-'09, the OL would demolish defenses and clear the way for CJ. That line had 3 guys who were Pro Bowlers/All Pros in Roos, Stewart, and Mawae. Now, and especially this season, we have 2 guys who shouldn't even be starting, and the only thing the front office did to resolve the situation was sign a geriatric Steve Hutchinson.

To me, CJ's struggles are the cause of the perfect mix of negative variables. The Tennessee OL is consistently rated the worst in run-blocking from game-to-game. He gets no holes and is often hit before he makes the LOS, and this has led to him tip-toeing to the line in anticipation of the line failing to make room. This has been compounded by his knack for sacrificing what the defense gives him in exchange for a chance to hit a homer. He's not a YAC, power RB, so no space is a recipe for failure. Quinn Johnson, his FB, is terrible, and CJ is more effective when he has a lead blocker. The defense, while young and full of potential, isn't that stout, so many times the Titans are playing from behind, which means fewer carries for CJ and fewer yards (CJ's carry total has declined by 50+ each season after his 2,000 yard year). The playcalling and formations are incredibly predictable, and whenever the FB is in the game, the play will be a run to whichever side the FB is on. OL Coach Bruce Matthews is a rookie, so the guy coaching up the horrendous OL has no coaching experience. Locker is a first year starter, so defenses will stack the box and make Locker win it through the air. Since DL's can win single-handed on the interior of the OL, it allows LB's to set the edge and get outside to contain CJ. There's no threat of the OL clearing a path for CJ up the middle, so while in the past CJ could make cheating defensive players pay by splitting the gut while the LB's are outside or by getting to the edge and shooting down the sidelines while LB's creep inside, that's no longer the case. It's the edge or bust for a big play, and that gives the defense the advantage. It's doomsday for a home run back like CJ.

Don't get me wrong. I've stopped defending CJ a long time ago. You have to actually try to fail in order to put up these numbers, and I don't care how bad the situation is. 1.4 YPC is unacceptable, so there's plenty of blame to place on his shoulders. But it's easy for me to see why the whole thing has gone to ****, and unfortunately for CJ, what makes him so special is what's making him so terrible right now.
Just google him, TH.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah i can appreciate this take, I think its a little more real than the first guys spitting hatred at CJ. Hes dancing too much, trying to get back to being CJ2K, but it just aint gonna happen right now. He needs to take what the D gives him, even if its a no-gain. Stop trying to run away from everyone, making drive killing runs for losses. I would seriously be curious to see how many runs he has for losses this year, and how many of those losses are for more than just a yard or two. Cuz it seems like when I check in on Titans games, hes getting stuck 5-10 yards behind the line way too much.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My favorite part was when he said he tried to keep a benefit of the doubt mindset, and then said the googling remark and how he never really cared for him to begin with.
I did go into the game giving him the benefit of the doubt. I was willing to agree with his statement regarding his offensive line, which he should not have made public. Everyone who pays any attention to the Titans can tell that their offensive line isn't what it used to be. Not even close. If he has a problem with one or all of them, it's something that he should take up with them. Behind closed doors. Steve Smith for instance. Going public about Cam Newton. It was great that he put Cam's ass in check, but you don't go running to the media and say, "Guess what I did? I lit into Cam Newton. I told him to grow up, because I'm a leader." No, that's kinda disrespectful and untrustworthy. There's no need to fuel the fire. It's not going to help anything. Chris Johnson blaming his offensive linemen in the media? What good is that going to do? Other than make you look like an idiot and draw more attention to your own play, and how bad that is. If Chris Johnson wants to talk to the media about bad football players, then he should talk about himself.

The googling remark is the truth. He looks like an idiot. A lazy bastard who, probably, smokes copious amounts of weed. And when he talks... it's ebonics to a level that even people who speak ebonics don't udnerstand. I mean, how hard is it to open your mouth and pronunciate? Take the gold **** out of your face and talk like a normal person. So there's that. Bascially, what I'm saying is, you don't look at Chris Johnson and see a professional, or someone who really takes any kind of pride in himself.

Bringing up the fact that 'I never really cared for him to begin with' is misleading, and it was taken out of context. That has nothing to do with me not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I never cared for him to begin with due to the above paragraph. I said I always respected his talents and ability. I called him, at one time, an elite player. I gave him compliments even though I've always thought negatively about what kind of person he is (or what he allows me to see). But I did mention his past performances when he at least cared enough to play well so he could get paid. I know he's selfish and I get all that, but, early in his career, at least he cared about something. Ya know? Him caring about getting paid was actually good for the team. Now he's got the money and there's no more motivation. I bet he invests his money when his career is done. He looks like an investor. Google it. You'll see an investor staring you right in the face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-29-2012 at 06:15 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Oh, what a great picture... Weird little hand signs... nice hair... well groomed... very aloof... relaxing... wearing a t-shirt with a little kid holding a gun... probably just had 3rd graders read a book to him... I mean, that just looks like a well kept human being right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:20 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 09-29-2012 at 06:23 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Classic example of the old take away "insert X statistic". But ya, he sucks.
In this case his longest carry is probably an outlier.

I own CJ in a league and it's awful. I thought I was picking up a potential comeback player candidate. I despise him at this point. As soon as I bench him he'll go off though.

That 2k season may have really worn him out. I don't know how durable the Titans could have expected him to be.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** a bunch of overpaid NFL players and their celebrity refs.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not about to disagree with anything said here i just think they need to get more creative with him. Marshall Faulk seemed to get his career rebooted when they started getting him involved in the passing game and why not try it with Johnson.

On the subject of him losing his desire to perform and be great again he wouldnt be the first one to do that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quinn Johnson, his FB, is terrible, and CJ is more effective when he has a lead blocker.
This is true. Quinn Johnson really is pretty worthless as a football player.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm not about to disagree with anything said here i just think they need to get more creative with him. Marshall Faulk seemed to get his career rebooted when they started getting him involved in the passing game and why not try it with Johnson.

On the subject of him losing his desire to perform and be great again he wouldnt be the first one to do that.

This is BAD though... every running back we've ever jumped on for decreased production wasn't close to this bad.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
This is BAD though... every running back we've ever jumped on for decreased production wasn't close to this bad.
I'll admit it doesn't look good. You can only blame the blocking up front so much and then you have to go out and make something happen. Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders had weak offensive lines but they were able to use the other team's aggresiveness to their advantage.

On another topic it looks like Kenny Britt leaves a lot to be desired in the warrior category.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While it's a dick move on his part to turn into a lazy guy, I think it's hilarious when an NFL player trolls like that. These players make pennies compared to ownership, and ownership (and lets face it - fans) could not possibly care less what's going on with the vast majority of these guys.

Sure, it would be better if he left everything on the field every week, but perhaps he prefers to be able to walk properly when he's 50.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
While it's a dick move on his part to turn into a lazy guy, I think it's hilarious when an NFL player trolls like that. These players make pennies compared to ownership, and ownership (and lets face it - fans) could not possibly care less what's going on with the vast majority of these guys.

Sure, it would be better if he left everything on the field every week, but perhaps he prefers to be able to walk properly when he's 50.
My only response to guys that don't want to give it 100% all the time is they're hiring at Costco.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
My only response to guys that don't want to give it 100% all the time is they're hiring at Costco.
Yes, but Johnson can afford to troll that job now too. It's scummy but the way I view this league....eh.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the last ~hour of the Lions-Titans game, plus highlights, and during the game, I said aloud to no one, "this is the worst game I've ever seen" and "Chris Johnson is the worst starting RB in football." I then turned off football for the rest of the day, which I can't remember ever doing on a Sunday.

So yes, I agree with the OP.