Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
With Michael Vick re-upping in Philadelphia, might we see a deal involving Nick Foles to Kansas City? I'm thinking it wouldn't cost KC more than a conditional 4th round pick or so, his skill set/strengths are similar to Geno Smith, has the year of experience in Reid's system, and carries a much lower price tag than anyone they take at #1. From there Kansas City could take the best player available (probably Star) and target a corner or receiver in round two.
Makes sense then Philly drafts E.J. Manuel in Round 3 to replace Vick.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With Michael Vick re-upping in Philadelphia, might we see a deal involving Nick Foles to Kansas City? I'm thinking it wouldn't cost KC more than a conditional 4th round pick or so, his skill set/strengths are similar to Geno Smith, has the year of experience in Reid's system, and carries a much lower price tag than anyone they take at #1. From there Kansas City could take the best player available (probably Star) and target a corner or receiver in round two.
Viddy is gonna kiel yoo.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh god yes please, that's exactly what I want, Nick Foles to be our QB of the future instead of Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh god yes please, that's exactly what I want, Nick Foles to be our QB of the future instead of Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson.
How is Geno leaps and bounds better than Foles?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that a serious question?

Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that a serious question?
Yes...evaluating Geno as a prospect this year I see many similarities to Foles from last year

Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really hope this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chip Kelly said that Vick and Foles are going to compete for the starting job anyways.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe this thread is still going. They're taking a QB, people. A QB. Consider it a done deal.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Chip Kelly said that Vick and Foles are going to compete for the starting job anyways.
That could simply be coach-speak...Chip Kelly will be better off drafting a mobile, live arm QB like Manuel or Scott than having Foles sit behind Vick in an offensive style not suited for him

Old 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I can't believe this thread is still going. They're taking a QB, people. A QB. Consider it a done deal.
People won't listen and they don't know the Chiefs roster as well as they think. Plus it doesn't help that people are starting random rumors all over the place about our impending free agents either.

Oh well.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only excuse is if people think Albert's gonna leave, or if he does. then it's geno v joeckl.

but i'm trust viddy in that Albert will stay (or get franchised, still staying) and Geno'll be the pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People won't listen and they don't know the Chiefs roster as well as they think. Plus it doesn't help that people are starting random rumors all over the place about our impending free agents either.

Oh well.
I read that Albert and Bowe are probably going to sign in Chicago for a combined cap number of 10M per year because they really want to play for our new Canadian overlord.*

*Yeah, really did read that one.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Vidae, I know you're set on Geno being the first overall pick but could you answer this question for me.

Geno has better athleticism and was able to escape for first downs from time-to-time, but in terms of operating from the pocket, because Geno certainly isn't a Kaepernick or Russell Wilson in terms of mobility, how is Geno different than Foles?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your hate for Trestman is unjustified Monomach.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Vidae, I know you're set on Geno being the first overall pick but could you answer this question for me.

Geno has better athleticism and was able to escape for first downs from time-to-time, but in terms of operating from the pocket, because Geno certainly isn't a Kaepernick or Russell Wilson in terms of mobility, how is Geno different than Foles?
Granted I'm no pro scout or anything, but to me, Geno does everything Foles does, but on another level. I can't honestly see one facet of Foles' game that is better than Geno, and Geno hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I'm obviously higher on Geno than most (Geno is 1a and Tyler Wilson is 1b to me) but I can't see the major criticisms that some people do in Genos game. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but when I watch Geno I see a guy who has the ability to go through his progressions well, solid feet in the pocket, and is a great decision maker. It doesn't hurt that people rave about his work ethic or study habits either.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Granted I'm no pro scout or anything, but to me, Geno does everything Foles does, but on another level. I can't honestly see one facet of Foles' game that is better than Geno, and Geno hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I'm obviously higher on Geno than most (Geno is 1a and Tyler Wilson is 1b to me) but I can't see the major criticisms that some people do in Genos game. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but when I watch Geno I see a guy who has the ability to go through his progressions well, solid feet in the pocket, and is a great decision maker. It doesn't hurt that people rave about his work ethic or study habits either.
If you were arguing for Tyler Wilson to be the #1 guy then you'd receive zero criticism from me. When I watched Geno, and this is part of the beauty of scouting and the NFL Draft, I see something very different in his game. I don't see Geno as a player who goes through progressions well, his feet need quite a bit of work, especially in the face of pressure, and I question his ability to make the NFL style throws of going to the boundaries or fitting a ball threw a zone coverage and into a window.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you were arguing for Tyler Wilson to be the #1 guy then you'd receive zero criticism from me. When I watched Geno, and this is part of the beauty of scouting and the NFL Draft, I see something very different in his game. I don't see Geno as a player who goes through progressions well, his feet need quite a bit of work, especially in the face of pressure, and I question his ability to make the NFL style throws of going to the boundaries or fitting a ball threw a zone coverage and into a window.
the fact that a legit case can be made for Tyler vs Geno pretty much means no QB is worth 1 overall. And I like these players.

Geno fan boys need to climb out of the rabbit hole. there's no shame in liking this player. But what about value? You can get him at the bottom of rd 1/ top of rd 2. Andy can pass at 1 and watch the slide happen. It's gonna be like Brady Quinn. Geno should go where Tyler wilson will go. Even tho there's alot of potential in this class, there's no sure-fire franchise QB in 2013.

Just cause geno smith plays QB doesn't erase everyone's memory on how his season ended. His pocket presence in the Syracuse game was Sanchez-like.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 02-11-2013 at 03:32 PM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap...sted-by-demand

One AFC team's GM and Scouting director had a few interesting things to say:

1. Geno Smith is the only QB they consider a first rounder (but barely).
2. They think all of the QBs in this class will have to go through a maturation process before they are ready to play.
3. (Probably the most funny one) Matt Barkley compares to Kellen Moore physically.
4. Tyler Wilson is the "big sleeper" of the group.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
the fact that a legit case can be made for Tyler vs Geno pretty much means no QB is worth 1 overall. And I like these players.
No it doesn't. The same could have been said in 1998 or 2012. Maybe both guys work out (Luck vs RG3) or maybe one works out (Manning vs Leaf) or maybe none of them do. But having 2 guys debated does not mean that no one is worthy of being #1.

The individual grades of those players are what tell you they are not worth being picked #1.

Personally, I don't think the Chiefs want to trade back into round 1 around pick 20 (and ultimately probably give up a top 5 pick next year) to get a guy they could just grab at #1 this year. It might be a huge reach, but it will be the cheapest way to make that reach.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say it right now, if Geno Smith is selected by the Chiefs and starts from day 1, he will be the runaway OROTY. It won't be close.

Geno Smith and Nick Foles simply don't play the QB position the say way. Foles actually did stare down his WRs, held on to the ball too long and was not what anyone would call a great decision maker with the football.

I liked Foles as a prospect in 2012, but he wasn't a top 10 type of talent.

People should just come out and put on the table and stop trying to fill in the picture with asinine arguments and bogus comparisons; if you just flat out on a gut level don't like a prospect, say so.
Stop trying to prove something that isn't supported by a prospect's actual play.

Many times evaluations come down to gut and the eye test anyway, which in more than a few cases is the correct read.

There were people on this board for instance who just didn't like Vernon Gholston as a pro prospect, despite his freakish measurables and flashes of dominance at Ohio State. They didn't try to repeatedly prove why they didn't like Gholston because it wasn't easy to quantify.

I'm open and willing to listen to arguments against Smith being considered a top QB prospect, but don't insult people's intelligence by suggesting he and Nick Foles are similar level prospects.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Personally, I don't think the Chiefs want to trade back into round 1 around pick 20 (and ultimately probably give up a top 5 pick next year) to get a guy they could just grab at #1 this year. It might be a huge reach, but it will be the cheapest way to make that reach.
If the Chiefs believe in Geno they don't believe they are top 5 again in 2014. Luck and RG3 took their teams to the playoffs as rookies. that's what a franchise QB is expected to do. If Geno gets picked (anywhere) and the chiefs are just as bad, that's a fire able decision by Andy.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Chiefs believe in Geno they don't believe they are top 5 again in 2014. Luck and RG3 took their teams to the playoffs as rookies. that's what a franchise QB is expected to do. If Geno gets picked (anywhere) and the chiefs are just as bad, that's a fire able decision by Andy.
I think the standard for Geno Smith will be can he be as effective as Sam Bradford was as a rookie, not can he lead his team to the playoffs as a rookie like RG3/Luck/Russell Wilson did.
What the latter three did is totally unprecedented and not really fair to expect from a rookie QB.

You're putting way too many expectations on a rookie QB IMO.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe they won't be top 5 next year, but we've been really lucky with the last few QBs. Many of them come in and have really bad years in year 1.

Lots of teams that pick in the top 5 (including the ones that draft QBs) tend to end up in the top 10 the preceding year.