Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
My grandfather was a Lions fan and he spent the last decade of his life saying: "They've lost for 40/50 years. They've changed coaches, general managers, quarterbacks...it has to be ownership."
Yeah, I haven't even wanted to admit it to myself but Clark Hunt is his father's son. Mediocrity sells, mediocrity fills the stadium. Lamar always said that filling the stadium was more important than winning because if you didn't fill the stadium, you wouldn't have the money to operate the team. As much as he says he wants to win, it looks like Clark is following in his father's footsteps.

I've been a Chiefs fan for 50 years and I have never been as angry and depressed as I am today.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
all the miracle working Andy was gonna do with Geno, he can do instead with Alex. You can't say he's the same as Cassell because Andy Reid rejected Cassel and wants to work with Alex Smith. As we've talked about in this thread, Andy is a miracle worker with QBs, why can't he work a miracle with Alex Smith?

the whole point of hiring Andy is he's a QB guru. If that guy wants to pass on Geno and take Alex Smith instead, you should trust him, right?
Is he? How much great success has Andy Reid had without Donovan McNabb? I think some of the "Andy Reid is the QB Whisperer" is at least partly myth. Time will tell.

The organization after all the vitriol surrounding Cassel and Pioli couldn't move forward with Cassel under any circumstances.

And please, let's get off of Geno already. It's not just Geno. It's how this organization goes about doing business at that position.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
And please, let's get off of Geno already. It's not just Geno. It's how this organization goes about doing business at that position.
I can't speak about the decades of being a Chiefs fan. Im a Jets fan who's team is about to trade the team's best player away for magic beans. And let me tell you, Alex Smith isn't exciting but Geno Smith could be Mark Sanchez. And you'd rather have boring and safe than outright disaster. Picking a QB really high and pretending he's a franchise QB when he's not is not a road you want to go down.

if it makes you feel better there are threads on the Jets board wondering why they couldn't make the trade for Alex Smith. This is a player that apparently was in some demand, believe it or not.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
John Preston
Rookie

John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.John Preston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't speak about the decades of being a Chiefs fan. Im a Jets fan who's team is about to trade the team's best player away for magic beans. And let me tell you, Alex Smith isn't exciting but Geno Smith could be Mark Sanchez. And you'd rather have boring and safe than outright disaster. Picking a QB really high and pretending he's a franchise QB when he's not is not a road you want to go down.

if it makes you feel better there are threads on the Jets board wondering why they couldn't make the trade for Alex Smith. This is a player that apparently was in some demand, believe it or not.
We just went boring and safe and went 2-14 because of it. Now we doubled down on that same strategy.

I was always under the impression that the purpose of playing professional sports was to win, not get a participation ribbon.

QBs like Alex Smith don't win Super Bowls in the modern NFL. This isn't 1985. You can't win with a game manager, and even in the rare cases where it did happen, those teams were never dynasties--the teams with elite QBs were.

If the QB busts you're in the same position you were before anyway. If he makes it you're looking at a run of success like the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, and Eagles had the previous decade and the 49ers, Seahawks, Colts, and Redskins will likely have this decade.

The Chargers made a supposedly franchise-crushing decision by picking Leaf. They threw him in the gutter and got Brees. Brees wasn't developing, so they got Rivers. Meanwhile, they've won more playoff games than the Chiefs have since the Nixon administration. So what exactly is the downside here?
John Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A player isn't in demand to a team because fans of that team wanted the player.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all the miracle working Andy was gonna do with Geno, he can do instead with Alex. You can't say he's the same as Cassell because Andy Reid rejected Cassel and wants to work with Alex Smith. As we've talked about in this thread, Andy is a miracle worker with QBs, why can't he work a miracle with Alex Smith?

the whole point of hiring Andy is he's a QB guru. If that guy wants to pass on Geno and take Alex Smith instead, you should trust him, right?
If you're going to work a miracle, wouldn't you want to work a miracle on someone with more upside? Not only that, someone who will be around for a decade before his ability starts to erode, instead of a few years max?

Quote:
And you'd rather have boring and safe than outright disaster.
This is what was said when the Chiefs acquired every back up since ever. Can't hear what you're saying over all these Super Bowl tro.....oh right.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Preston View Post
QBs like Alex Smith don't win Super Bowls in the modern NFL. This isn't 1985.
Pretty true, but check this out: You know what's funny?
Turn back the clock one year or two, and what do you think of Joe Flacco?

That's right.

Most of y'all labeled him the same thing as what many y'all are pinning on Alex Smith right now.

Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now in all seriousness

1. This is GREAT for Alex Smith and the 49ers organization. For all the potential suitors for Smith the Chiefs are in by far the bet situation on top of that Andy Reid has turned **** into gold on many an occasion we'll see what he can do with straw. The 49ers get a high 2nd which will likely become a 2014 first round pick. and an additional 2nd rounder because lets face it baring injury I can't see anyone but Alex Smith starting for the Chiefs.

2. Shocking deal by the Chiefs I think they overpaid by a considerable degree. I see no chance for Geno Smith to go 1/1 now if Nassib is there in the 3rd they could still draft a QB but I highly doubt he makes it past Buffalo in round 2. Bray doesn't fit the scheme.

3. Makes me wonder where Geno Smith falls to. He doesn't fit what the Jags want. Raiders? Maybe. Philly has its QB already as does Detroit. Can Geno Smith fall past Cleveland? If Eric Fisher is available at 7 do the Cards go Geno or Fischer? I can see the Bills or Jets making the move but also could see him not making the move as well. At that point there isn't anyone unless someone moves up into the first. Imagine Geno Smith to San Fran?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post

1. This is GREAT for Alex Smith and the 49ers organization. For all the potential suitors for Smith the Chiefs are in by far the bet situation on top of that Andy Reid has turned **** into gold on many an occasion we'll see what he can do with straw. The 49ers get a high 2nd which will likely become a 2014 first round pick. and an additional 2nd rounder because lets face it baring injury I can't see anyone but Alex Smith starting for the Chiefs.

2. Shocking deal by the Chiefs I think they overpaid by a considerable degree. I see no chance for Geno Smith to go 1/1 now if Nassib is there in the 3rd they could still draft a QB but I highly doubt he makes it past Buffalo in round 2. Bray doesn't fit the scheme.

3. Makes me wonder where Geno Smith falls to. He doesn't fit what the Jags want. Raiders? Maybe. Philly has its QB already as does Detroit. Can Geno Smith fall past Cleveland? If Eric Fisher is available at 7 do the Cards go Geno or Fischer? I can see the Bills or Jets making the move but also could see him not making the move as well. At that point there isn't anyone unless someone moves up into the first. Imagine Geno Smith to San Fran?
Go on. (10 char)

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Raiders to draft him and then he goes on to dominate the Chiefs for the next 10 years.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I want the Raiders to draft him and then he goes on to dominate the Chiefs for the next 10 years.
I want you to fall off a cliff.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If this puts the Chiefs in enough misery that it forces Clark Hunt to sell the franchise, sure.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
If you're going to work a miracle, wouldn't you want to work a miracle on someone with more upside? Not only that, someone who will be around for a decade before his ability starts to erode, instead of a few years max?
Jeff Garcia didn't have any upside when Andy took him to the playoffs. I see alot of mixed messages here. you guys claim to want to win playoff games and Alex Smith can do that. You also presumably want to win a Super Bowl, there's no proof that Geno or Alex can do that.

Mark Sanchez has won 4 road playoff games and now he sucks so bad we are trading away Revis. A bad QB in the top 5 can literally ruin your franchise. More than it's already ruined. Alex Smith won't ruin your franchise. Geno Smith could.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
If this puts the Chiefs in enough misery that it forces Clark Hunt to sell the franchise, sure.
Be careful what you wish for, Clark could sell the team to someone who wants to move it. Remember the Kings?

For the record, I'm not as upset about getting Alex Smith (OK, Matt Cassel version 2 doesn't thrill me) as I am about how much they paid (reportedly). Talk about screwing up your own draft. The Niners management must be getting a good laugh over this. I miss Scott Pioli.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
3. Makes me wonder where Geno Smith falls to.
if he doesn't go Buffalo at 8, he slides. Pretty far. Maybe out of rd 1 completely.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like that part

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you do realize the jets drafting Sanchez isn't what put you in this hellhole, right? It was the abortion of an extension you gave him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I want you to fall off a cliff.
Nothing against the Chiefs, but they deserve to pay the consequences for being so stupid.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
One of the weirdest things I keep seeing is how people think this is a safer move for Reid.

The thinking is that if he drafts a QB first overall that busts, he'll be out of a job. But what happens when you trade #34/future 3rd (or 2nd) and HE busts? Is his job not on the line when (not if) that happens?

Both of these decisions were risks. One has much higher upside, and that's the one he chose to ignore.

That is the reason he won't last in KC.
Trading for Alex is much riskier for Andy & Dorsey than just taking Geno #1. They wouldn't get fired if Geno fails, but they'll be quartered and their heads will be on spikes outside of Arrowhead of Geno is good and/or Alex bombs. Even if Alex is good, if Geno is good and they passed on him, their jobs will be in jeopardy.

They had a free pass to take Geno and they chose to risk their jobs on Alex Smith instead. Bad play any way you slice it.

And now Geno will be on his way to Jacksonville, Oakland, Arizona, Cleveland, or Buffalo.

KC doesn't need to "build a roster". They have a solid roster that just needs to re-sign a few guys and restructure one or two others. They have areas that can be improved, but they can be good enough to win their division and who knows (depending on development) with what they've got as long as the QB play is good.

Last edited by nepg : 02-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Go on. (10 char)
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Jags looking for that dual threat QB the runner and the thrower? Geno isn't a runner. He is capable of being one but just isn't all that winning.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Jags looking for that dual threat QB the runner and the thrower? Geno isn't a runner. He is capable of being one but just isn't all that winning.
i think the Jags are just looking for, you know, a GOOD QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you do realize the jets drafting Sanchez isn't what put you in this hellhole, right? It was the abortion of an extension you gave him
Pretty much this. Drafting a QB and having him not pan out hurts, but it's not too bad if you realize that you have to cut bait - especially with the rookie wage scale. Sanchez was obviously not good leading up to the extension too.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Do you have a source for the 2014 second rounder because all I'm hearing is a mid round pick.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm just basing that off from what I think I remember hearing the Jags new HC say.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I don't want to get too deep in the weeds but the extension money was basically coming to him anyway. It wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't suck. The problem was believing he was a franchise QB when he never was. Not as a rookie, not in year 3. drafting Geno Smith at 1/1 means believing he's a franchise QB, day 1. Mark Sanchez got a dozen coaches fired, the GM fired, and now the team is gonna trade Revis. Cause they aren't a contender. Because Mark sucks. It's a bad place to be. At least with Alex Smith you know what you have and won't be trading away Eric Berry for picks because it's time to tear it all down.

Here's another question if the last 10 KC drafted QBs have sucked, why so excited to draft #11? Shouldn't you want to avoid drafting QB's?