Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
David Carr is also a free agent, he went #1. Bring him in!
ALL THE #1 OVERALL DRAFT PICKS!

except I want Carr to stay a Giant, so hands off KC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All rumors point to the Chiefs not being done addressing corner in FA. Some names thrown out there: DRC, Sean Smith, Nnamdi if (when) he's released.

I kind of want Cary Williams, but we'll see. Corner is a huge need still as I see Dunta playing FS.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Smith is only 28 though. Younger than Brandon Weeden. If he keeps it together the way he did the past couple of seasons, he could be the starter for another 10 years. Remember he had the natural talent to be the first overall pick of the draft. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers.
I'll take the under on that bet.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@JasonLaCanfora Chiefs agree to terms with QB Chase Daniel. Likely to be worth over $3m per year

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
@JasonLaCanfora Chiefs agree to terms with QB Chase Daniel. Likely to be worth over $3m per year
Yep. I guess you can officially eliminate the chances of the Chiefs taking a QB at ANY point in this draft.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Yep. I guess you can officially eliminate the chances of the Chiefs taking a QB at ANY point in this draft.
Good for them. Would've been a mistake.

Oh wait... did that say Chase Daniel for $3M per????
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, they're being pretty irresponsible with the cap.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really dislike the Chase Daniel signing. We could have drafted a rookie in the 3rd to be a QB of the future type and he would have cost a lot less. And that guy has proven about as much in the NFL as Chase Daniel has.

The rest of the moves have been ok.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really dislike the Chase Daniel signing. We could have drafted a rookie in the 3rd to be a QB of the future type and he would have cost a lot less. And that guy has proven about as much in the NFL as Chase Daniel has.

The rest of the moves have been ok.
But rookies haven't had a few years of Drew Brees' good QB germs getting all over them. Chase Daniel is probably fully infected by awesomeness by now.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
But rookies haven't had a few years of Drew Brees' good QB germs getting all over them. Chase Daniel is probably fully infected by awesomeness by now.
I asked what makes Chase Daniel a good backup QB. Someone said he spent a lot of time with Drew Brees. I said Matt Cassel spent a lot of time with Tom Brady.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from giving him $3m/y when they could just wait for Kafka to get cut for the minimum, I think it's fine. They weren't going to draft a QB in the first 4-5 rounds anyway and needed something more useful experience than Stanzi behind Smith because we all know Smith's backup is going to end up starting 3-5 games each year.

They've really just been spending money like crazy, though.

Last edited by nepg : 03-13-2013 at 11:41 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'd be surprised if Stanzi is even on the roster next year. He's flat out awful.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I'd be surprised if Stanzi is even on the roster next year. He's flat out awful.
We'll see if Reid wants to do something with him.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All rumors point to the Chiefs not being done addressing corner in FA. Some names thrown out there: DRC, Sean Smith, Nnamdi if (when) he's released.

I kind of want Cary Williams, but we'll see. Corner is a huge need still as I see Dunta playing FS.
I agree. Cary Williams or Aqib Talib would be preferable.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I asked what makes Chase Daniel a good backup QB. Someone said he spent a lot of time with Drew Brees. I said Matt Cassel spent a lot of time with Tom Brady.
Graham Harrell has spent a lot of time with Aaron Rodgers. As long as you're collecting crappy backup QBs, you guys should take him, too. Please?
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd love Cassel as my backup
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Graham Harrell has spent a lot of time with Aaron Rodgers. As long as you're collecting crappy backup QBs, you guys should take him, too. Please?
You laugh, but considering the history of the Chiefs' organization, that idea probably crossed someone's mind at Arrowhead.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Smith signing with the Chiefs pretty much eliminates Dee Milliner as an option for #1.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chiefs have pretty much eliminated all needs except offensive tackle.

Chiefs will trade down and grab a tackle. Someone will be willing to trade up to bypass Jax to get Geno.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that'd be the best case scenario for KC. A team like Buffalo falls in love with Geno, trade up. KC grabs Jockel/Fisher/Johnson. Jags don't get Geno, but grab a pass rusher like Dion. Then, with a full season of Gabbert, they get Teddy Bridgewater next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
David Carr is also a free agent, he went #1. Bring him in!
Plus Carr was married when he got draft. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FRANCHISED!!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
chiefs have pretty much eliminated all needs except offensive tackle.

Chiefs will trade down and grab a tackle. Someone will be willing to trade up to bypass Jax to get Geno.
Wait wait wait, not the guy the experts said rates as a second rounder!! At some point, you all should really listen to me.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

With regards to Geno Smith after his pro-day:

"Former quarterback Ron Jaworski said on set that "anyone who watched this workout today understands this guy is a top-10 pick."

I'll just never understand why he can be an option and a consideration for several teams in the top 10, and called a top 10 pick but many say should have never been a consideration for the Chiefs at #1. I know it's water under the bridge now after the Chiefs' recent moves. But I just remember all the talk of "Geno isn't worth a #1 pick", "Geno is a late 1st talent", etc...

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. Andy Reid and John Dorsey better hope, HOPE, Geno Smith doesn't get drafted by Jacksonville, Oakland, Philly, Arizona or Buffalo and go on to have success. Go a step further, they better hope that NONE of the QBs in this draft class go on to success because their recent moves indicate that they aren't interested in any of the QBs in this class. And they better HOPE that Alex Smith is better than what he showed in SF.

</dead horse beating>
Old 03-14-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Andy Reid isn't looking long term though. He is in his 60s. K.C. has a pretty talented roster for a team that went 2-14. If the ownership wanted a long term rebuild they wouldn't have hired Reid in the first place. So it makes perfect sense for him to go out and get the best quarterback available for next season and the one after that. I don't think he wants to look beyond that point.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Bird
Rookie

Bird hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

and don't forget Curtis Painter and how great he was after learning from Peyton...
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote