Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida

he has really come on for Florida this season and is a big part of why the Gators are undefeated. he pretty much carried the offense to a victory against LSU this past weekend. he's quick, deceptively powerful, and I don't see any wasted movement in his runs. can't find too much video on him, but this one is pretty decent

what do you guys think? any nfl potential? probably a second or third day guy, but he'll come out with hardly any wear on him with this being his first year as a starter.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely has NFL potential. I have him as a 3rd/4th round guy, but he looks like he can be a starting RB in the NFL, to me. Has shown very good patience, then a good burst thru the hole. Very tough runner between the tackles. 3-down potential with his ability to pickup the blitz. I also think he can be a decent receiver out of the backfield too. A lot depends on how he runs at the combine. I don't see the huge breakaway speed from him, but if he runs a sub 4.5, he could go as early as 2nd round. Will play some of the toughest defenses this season, so that can only help if he plays like he did vs. LSU.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Gillislee and not just because he's one of the only things going for my SEC fantasy team. He's flashed his ability for the last couple years but for some reason he never really got as many opportunities as he probably should have. Doesn't have one particularly strong area but he's got a good mix of strength and elusiveness and he's really been running hard this year. I think he compares quite favorably to Steven Ridley - the slimmed down Patriots version more so than the big former fullback at LSU. I agree with rawdags assessment that he should land somewhere in that round 2-4 range.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I really like Gillislee and not just because he's one of the only things going for my SEC fantasy team. He's flashed his ability for the last couple years but for some reason he never really got as many opportunities as he probably should have. Doesn't have one particularly strong area but he's got a good mix of strength and elusiveness and he's really been running hard this year. I think he compares quite favorably to Steven Ridley - the slimmed down Patriots version more so than the big former fullback at LSU. I agree with rawdags assessment that he should land somewhere in that round 2-4 range.
I was thinking Ridley also. But I hate doing comparisons for the most part, especially with RBs where it seems like anyone can be successful if given a chance. But yeah, like Ridley, I think Gillislee will wind up being a better pro back than he was in college. Doesn't do anything special, but doesn't do anything poorly either. I think he could be a solid #2 back for someone or be a part of a 3-4 man attack like Ridley is/was with the Pats, and like Ridley I think Gillislee has the ability to become "the man" if given a chance.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

He reminds me of Clinton Portis.

Great game last night and continues to make himself a lot of money
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote