Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like just a minor MCL tear for Ngata, and he'll be fine.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to sound like a bragging douche Browns fan, but Weeden has looked pretty good this year with a lot of people getting subbed in and out at receiver. A lot of his interceptions haven't been real bad throws or "WHAT THE ****" passes. His first game was pretty bad, but the 2 ints against the Bills were late trying to mount a come back, and besides that he has been solid.

If Gordon continues to improve and Massaquoi ever comes back healthy it will be very nice.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Gordon's too young, Weeden's too old, forget judging what you see it doesn't matter because his arm is going to fall off soon and his lack of receivers is just an excuse.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's been a Brady-Richard Sherman trash-talking thing going on lately and Sherman may have crossed the line of disrespect, but I love this quote:

Quote:
People don't understand. We've got great players out here. We've got great players in the Pacific Northwest. The Seattle Seahawks have a lot of talent. People, they don't look at the film. They don't analyze anything. That's why these analysts and commentators need to shut their mouth."
People really don't realize how good the defense is at every single spot. Trufant couldn't keep up with Welker yesterday, the pass rush played poorly, they dropped picks, and they still beat the Pats.

Wagner is starting to come into his own (14 tackles yesterday including the game-sealer). K.J. Wright is completely unknown and growing into one of the best all-purpose 4-3 OLBs in the NFL.

Browner is playing much better than last year and making huge splash plays. He's one of the best tackling CBs in the NFL.

And Sherman/Thomas/Chancellor are all top-20, maybe top-15 or 10 DBs in the league.

Irvin's been awesome and Clemons is as complete a 4-3 end as there is in the league.

I'm sure someone is going to say, hold on, they gave up 390 yds passing. That's true but it was on 58 attempts! Just a 6.8 ypa and 2 tds to 2 picks.

And no one is going to run on them all year.

Think about this: They've beaten the best two QBs in the league already and absolutely stifled a dual threat in Newton... what offense CAN'T they shut down? They don't play New Orleans or Atlanta.

Against teams like the Bears, Jets, and Vikings - I can't see any of those teams putting up more than 17 points...

Last edited by gpngc : 10-15-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
There's been a Brady-Richard Sherman trash-talking thing going on lately and Sherman may have crossed the line of disrespect, but I love this quote:

People really don't realize how good the defense is at every single spot. Trufant couldn't keep up with Welker yesterday, the pass rush played poorly, they dropped picks, and they still beat the Pats.

Wagner is starting to come into his own (14 tackles yesterday including the game-sealer). K.J. Wright is completely unknown and growing into one of the best all-purpose 4-3 OLBs in the NFL.

Browner is playing much better than last year and making huge splash plays. He's one of the best tackling CBs in the NFL.

And Sherman/Thomas/Chancellor are all top-20, maybe top-15 or 10 DBs in the league.

Irvin's been awesome and Clemons is as complete a 4-3 end as there is in the league.

I'm sure someone is going to say, hold on, they gave up 390 yds passing. That's true but it was on 58 attempts! Just a 6.8 ypa and 2 tds to 2 picks.

And no one is going to run on them all year.

Think about this: They've beaten the best two QBs in the league already and absolutely stifled a dual threat in Newton... what offense CAN'T they shut down? They don't play New Orleans or Atlanta.

Against teams like the Bears, Jets, and Vikings - I can't see any of those teams putting up more than 17 points...
Yet St. Louis put up 19...
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very scared about what Clemons is going to do on Thursday with Staley likely out
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

At home when their kicker hit a 60-yarder, a 58-yarder was hit because the Seahawks stupidly tried an onside kick.

And the TD was on a fake FG with Amendola hiding on the sideline...

And the Seahawks offense did nothing to help with ball control, TOP, or force STL to try anything on offense. And Wilson threw three picks, two of which set up STL FGs.

But I understand you didn't watch that game.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing what being .500 brings out in some people.

Ok, I guess they're slightly over .500, whatever. Point remains valid.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

What point, specifically?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Yep. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am very scared about what Clemons is going to do on Thursday with Staley likely out
Not knowing what their line is going to look like if he is out you'd have to think they'll miss him.

It'll be intereting to see how Harbaugh's defense will lineup against Russell Wilson. At Stanford he always chose to go after the Jake Locker's of the world here in the Pac-10. My guess is he'll use Willis to play run first then spy the QB.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yep. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
Why is it amazing that big wins get fans excited about their teams?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle definitely has a good defense, but let me just remind Seahawks fans that our pass defense is dog **** and was especially dog **** Sunday. Take it for what it's worth because it is only going to get harder to throw the ball after playing us.

I'm not bashing either. Marshawn Lynch is your best player on offense and you found a way to win with him pretty much being a non factor. That is impressive no matter how you slice it. I guess what I'm saying is temper your expectations a bit because NFL defenses don't defend the pass like we did on Sunday.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also Bradys game has widely been considered a disappointment and he still threw for 395 yards. I would be singing the praises of your run defense after this game, not your secondary.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

The run defense goes without saying.

Brady had a 6.8 ypa and threw 2 TDs to 2 picks which are all more important stats than yards amassed (especially when the offense had no yardage running).
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

As for the Patriots secondary - that's fine, he still looked good.

Wilson looked awful in games 1-4 and now in games 5 and 6 he's made big strides.

I don't expect much out of the passing game but it's a pretty good sign when the kid improves and does enough to win in just his 6th game under center in a game, as you point out, where the Pats dared him to throw downfield.

It's not fair to anoint Wilson as some great player after that performance, but his accomplishment shouldn't be discredited either. To the point where someone compared his performance to Henne's in W1 last year - a game the Phins LOST by 14 points and was Henne's like 20th start of his career and an absolute shootout that he threw 50 times.

Belichick wanted to shut down the run and force Wilson to beat them.

And he did. That's impressive.

Last edited by gpngc : 10-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Wilson definitely deserves credit. He played well and our secondary sucked, both contributed significantly to Seattle winning. Wilson is not your prototypical QB by any means but you can't discount the fact that he is improving. I don't know what he will be 5 years down the road but he made plays when it counted and took advantage of our mistakes.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Thinking about going San Diego tonight. The whole world is on Denver. Thoughts?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDosPuntoCero View Post
Belated, but Eagles suck. Juan Castillo really sucks. Marty Mornhinweg sucks the most.

54 called passes for Mike Vick, 14 called runs for LeSean McCoy. Sense...this makes none.
Nnamdi shut down Calvin for 3+ quarters and then Castillo randomly took him off CJ late in the game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Might as well, Peyton shits the bed anytime he sees the powder blue.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The betting money has gone to Denver but not really sure why. San Diego to me looks like the better team and they're at home.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with Weeden is he needs everything to be going well to operate. A franchise QB needs to be able to make things happen when the team is ******** the bed around him, Weeden just shits himself alongside his team-mates. That's what kept him from being a high first round pick, even more than his age.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The betting money has gone to Denver but not really sure why. San Diego to me looks like the better team and they're at home.
My thinking is heavily tied to their respective records and Peyton getting more and more settled into that team. I'm thinking the Broncos rally for a big win to draw level for the division.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Nnamdi shut down Calvin for 3+ quarters and then Castillo randomly took him off CJ late in the game.
That's because the OL coach turned defensive coordinator is smarter than you and everyone else.
SniperDosPuntoCero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDosPuntoCero View Post
That's because the OL coach turned defensive coordinator is smarter than you and everyone else.
He knows what the other O-line is thinking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote