Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eazy Picks Week 6

Went 10-4 last week, bringing my season total to 48-29. As I said, Ive decided I will no longer pick ATS, it is something that only matters to gamblers, and the teams on the field could care less about the spread, and it hurts my head trying to think about scenarios where teams will/wont cover spreads.

Week 6 Picks

Bengals (3-2) at Browns (0-5)
The Browns will get a boost with the return of CB Joe Haden, who will go to battle with WR AJ Green. This will be the second meeting of these two teams this year, with the Bengals winning a close one at home. Trent Richardson had his best game of the year against the Bengals, and this could be a good spot for the Browns to pick up their first win.
My Pick: Browns

Raiders (1-3) at Falcons (5-0)
The Raiders are coming off a bye week and will hopefully come out focused but this is a touch matchup for them. The Raider tend to play horribly when forced to travel to the east coast and play in the morning, as evidenced by the beat down the Dolphins put on them earlier this year. The Raiders defense has been a mess, and they are going to go against one of the NFL’s best offenses. Carson Palmer has done well at avoiding interceptions so far this year, but he may go back to his old ways against an Atlanta defense that has been intercepting a lot of passes.
My Pick: Falcons

Rams (3-2) at Dolphins (2-3)
The Rams are coming off a 2-game win streak, but they have struggled on the road this year. DE Cameron Wake is having a great year, and will be a big matchup problem for the Rams offensive line. The Rams fiesty corners should be able to slow down a passing attack that has been surprisingly effective. This looks to be a hard-fought defensive battle.
My Pick: Dolphins

Colts (2-2) at Jets (2-3)
This game is basically the injury bowl if you consider the number of key players each team will have watching from the sideline. Both teams played with a lot of heart last week, and it will come down to which team digs deeper this week. Andrew Luck is a great young QB and he will have the challenge of going up against a Rex Ryan defense this week.
My Pick: Colts

Lions (1-3) at Eagles (3-2)
The Lions are coming off a bye and need a win badly. It could be tough for them to get their offense back on track against the Eagles’ elite defense. Their best hope is that their defensive line can dominate the Eagles’ battered offensive line and get Vick to turn the ball over. If Vick gets time to throw, there should be mismatches in the secondary for him to exploit.
My Pick: Eagles

Chiefs (1-4) at Buccaneers (1-3)
Brady Quinn will get the start for the Chiefs as they travel to Tampa to face a well-rested Buccaneer team. The Bucs have been great against the run, which isn’t good for a Chief offense that is heavily reliant on HB Jamaal Charles. The Chief defense and the Buccaneer offense have to be two of the tougher units to figure out. They both have the ability to be excellent groups, but neither has been able to play with consistency.
My Pick: Buccaneers

Cowboys (2-2) at Ravens (4-1)
The Cowboys have had an extra week to rest and get ready to travel to Baltimore, where the Ravens have been unbeatable lately. Tony Romo will be looking to redeem himself after a horrible outing against the Bears, but it won’t be easy going against the Raven defense. The Cowboys interior line has not played well, and could have a hard time stopping Haloti Ngata from generating pressure up the middle. Joe Flacco has been on and off this year and will look to rebound from a poor outing against the Chiefs.
My Pick: Ravens

Giants (3-2) at 49ers (4-1)
The 49ers have surely had this game circled on their schedule after the way they lost to the Giants in the AFCCG. So far this year, the 49ers have looked much more dominant than the defending champs, who have a number of players nursing injuries. Eli Manning is going to have be at his best against a 49er defense that is absolutely suffocating against the run. Alex Smith is leading the league in passer rating and should be able to have success against a struggling Giant secondary.
My Pick: 49ers

Bills (2-3) at Cardinals (4-1)
The Bills are reeling off a pair of blowout losses and a variety of injuries and face the tough task of trying to get right on the road against a tough Cardinal team. The Cardinal offensive line has not played well and they are extremely thin at running back, which could result in a lot of pressure on Kevin Kolb. The Bills will need to get their run game going against a stout Cardinal front 7, and they will have to do it without LT Cordy Glenn.
My Pick: Cardinals

Patriots (3-2) at Seahawks (3-2)
The Patriots seem to be finally getting healthy and hitting their stride, but they will face a tough test this week. The Seahawks have the best press corners in the league and can disrupt the Patriots’ timing routes, and they should be able to win the battle in the trenches against the Patriots’ offensive line. If the Seahawks can get Marshawn Lynch going and turn this game into a slugfest, they may be able to take advantage of their home field advantage and score an upset.
My Pick: Seahawks

Vikings (4-1) at Redskins (2-3)
The Viking offense has been looking good, and there’s no reason Christian Ponder, Adrian Peterson and Percy Harvin shouldn’t continue to have success against an undermanned Redskin secondary. Robert Griffin is returning from a concussion and will need his offensive line to keep Jared Allen, Kevin Williams and Everson Griffin off of him.
My Pick: Vikings

Packers (2-3) at Texans (5-0)
The Packers badly need a win here, whereas the Texans find themselves way ahead in their division. This game gives the Texans a great chance to show just how good they are, but they will be playing on a short week and just lost LB Brian Cushing to an ACL tear. The Packer offensive line has not been playing well, and need to give Rodgers some time to work the ball down the field against the Texan secondary. The Packers need to get tough against the run, which isn’t an easy feat against the Texans’ power run game.
My Pick: Packers

Broncos (2-3) at Chargers (3-2)
It looks like the AFC West is going to come down to these two teams, so this is a game with serious playoff implications. Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers are two of the league’s best signal callers, and whoever plays better will likely lead his team to a win. Manning should be able to find mismatches in the passing game, while Rivers will need Ryan Mathews to supply the team with a run game to slow down the Broncos’ pass-rushers.
My Pick: Chargers
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes go 49ers and gut check rematch time boys!! Kill them Giants .
Old 10-13-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should definitely go ATS for any form of challenge.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel it but I just honestly hate thinking about spreads. Im trying to think about what is going on with each team and how they will approac, and I can garuntee you there isnt a single locker room where the players are talking about covering a spread. Ws and Ls thats all that matters to them, so thats all Im gonna bother to speculate on.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote