Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL Week 6 Discussion Thread.

Thursday
Pittsburgh @ Tennessee

Sunday

Oakland @ Atlanta
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
St Louis @ Miami
Indianapolis @ NY Jets
Detroit @ Philadelphia
Kansas City @ Tampa Bay
Dallas @ Baltimore
New England @ Seattle
Buffalo @ Arizona
NY Giants @ San Francisco
Minnesota @ Washington
Green Bay @ Houston

Monday

Denver @ San Diego

Bye
Carolina, Chicago, Jacksonville, New Orleans

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The two games I'm looking forward to are the 49ers/Giants obviously and the Texans/Packers. I really like powerhouse inter-conference matches.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:42 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope that Tannehill can get himself another win. Makes me happy to see him doing well.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty worried about the Pats game this week. The Seahawks defense is probably the best they have come up against thus far. Their two interior guys in Mebane and Bryant are horrendously underrated and they can rush the passer with just four guys. Their secondary is also very physical and the whole 12th man thing.

The good thing though is their LBs probably can't match up with the Pats short/intermediate passing game and I don't think their offense can score more than 14 points, unless they get a short field.

If the Patriots can avoid turnovers and/or special teams slip ups then they should win this game. However that is easier said than done in such a hostile environment against such a good defense.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:32 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pittsburgh @ Titans
Detroit @ Philadelphia
NY Giants @ San Francisco
Packer @ Texans
Denver @ San Diego

I'm extremely scared for the Texans. The prospect of us going 2-4 is very possible and it doesn't sound very nice.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the Steelers are going to win and win big.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm pretty sure the Steelers are going to win and win big.
Titans aren't playing well but whenever you two play it seems to be an entertaining game.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Titans aren't playing well but whenever you two play it seems to be an entertaining game.
Steelers have won past three meetings. Last year was a blow out and the year before, the Steelers dominated on defense. This Titans team is BAD, but they do have playmakers to give the Steelers fits. I feel more confident in this game than I did against Oakland because there is a chance that all that youth and speed can beat the Steelers on Sunday.

I see 5+ sacks for the defense this week.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans aren't the same but I think of this is kind of a rivalry nobody talks about. There was that great playoff game I think in McNairs co-MVP year, the playoff game Haynesworth's last year, and the season opener the following year when Polamalu had that great pick to seal it. All great games. Might have been a blow out last time but I love watching these two play.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite two teams are on a bye week so this will be a pretty boring week. But I do like the strong possibility of a 2-0-0-1-3 team in Green Bay.

Also, I really dig the "Under the Hood" thing they do at stadiums during reviews. You can see what the ref is looking at, his rewinds, pauses, slow motion. It makes the refs more accountable because all of the fans know exactly what he is looking at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

* Seattle's Russell Wilson is the only starting QB not to have 20 completions in a game this season.

Interesting stat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm pretty worried about the Pats game this week. The Seahawks defense is probably the best they have come up against thus far. Their two interior guys in Mebane and Bryant are horrendously underrated and they can rush the passer with just four guys. Their secondary is also very physical and the whole 12th man thing.

The good thing though is their LBs probably can't match up with the Pats short/intermediate passing game and I don't think their offense can score more than 14 points, unless they get a short field.

If the Patriots can avoid turnovers and/or special teams slip ups then they should win this game. However that is easier said than done in such a hostile environment against such a good defense.
Trufant vs Welker is the matchup you should target. Our Nickel corner hasn't been great this year and Amendola killed us. The LBs are pretty decent in coverage since we play a ton of zone. Have been looking forward to the matchup all year. They might matchup Browner against Gronk which might be the most physical corner versus the most physical TE.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Titans aren't the same but I think of this is kind of a rivalry nobody talks about. There was that great playoff game I think in McNairs co-MVP year, the playoff game Haynesworth's last year, and the season opener the following year when Polamalu had that great pick to seal it. All great games. Might have been a blow out last time but I love watching these two play.
Yes, the Steelers and Titans/Oilers used to have great games in the past. I miss that rivalry and the one with the Raiders.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

I just don't think that the Steelers defense is that good anymore. They rely too much on old vets that are gimpy and slow.

Their schedule is weak so they'll probably coast to at least a wild-card, but finishing outside of the top-10 in defense is almost a given at this point, imho. And without a top-10 defense I don't see them winning more than a single playoff game at most, and probably not even that.
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami looking to have a winning streak! Damn those 4th quarter/OT collapses, could have a real one going.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder how many points the Chiefs are going to lose to the Bucs by. I'm gunna say 10.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Wonder how many points the Chiefs are going to lose to the Bucs by. I'm gunna say 10.
Oh come one Vidae, isn't Brady Quinn starting? If that isn't the recipe for a win, I don't know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, Oakland is going to get abused in every way shape and form.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
Packers worked out 8 offensive players on Tues, including QBs Seneca Wallace and Brian Hoyer

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-09-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A player who won't, under preferable circumstances, see any action has you pretty excited, eh SP?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

You obviously haven't seen Graham Harrell.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Packers take this one from Houston. They havent played anyone worthwhile yet, and there are a lot of holes that people are overlooking simply because they're 5-0. And now with Cushing out, thats brutal. He was an every down LB who was very good in coverage as well, which will obviously hinder them against Green Bay.

Only hope is that they can get to Rodgers as much as other teams have.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno whether it's just cause I'm really banking on Atlanta eventually losing, but somehow I just can't get a feel for this Oakland game. Atlanta's been really good and Oakland has not, but Oakland has some playmakers that a flat atlanta team could let burn them.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I dunno whether it's just cause I'm really banking on Atlanta eventually losing, but somehow I just can't get a feel for this Oakland game. Atlanta's been really good and Oakland has not, but Oakland has some playmakers that a flat atlanta team could let burn them.
If it were in Oakland, you might be right. I don't see the Raiders crossing the country and beating a superior team in an early day game.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

So is it safe to say that this week's 49ers-Giants showdown will be a strong test for both teams and have the potential to be a big "statement" game for either one?

I feel as if the 49ers just crush the Giants like they crushed the Bills and the Jets, then San Fran will have to be considered the best team in the NFC by far.
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote