Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
After seeing him play in the under armour game, and watching some old highlights he is a perfect fit for Rodriguez system, he is freakishly athletic and I cant wait to see how he will be used...

If i were Pryor I would be looking at guys like him going to Michigan and that would make my decision a little easier...That shuttle time is incredibly fast, and he looks it on the field, he has some amazing acceleration and quickness
You say that, sadly the Buckeyes decided this was a great year for probably their greatest recruiting class ever. 3 of the top 7 OL among other weapons. Hope Pryor goes to Michigan though. Imagine him, McGuffie and Carlos Brown on a triple option?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If i were Pryor I would be looking at guys like him going to Michigan and that would make my decision a little easier...That shuttle time is incredibly fast, and he looks it on the field, he has some amazing acceleration and quickness
Sure he's very talented, but some question how he will do in the Big Ten, and while it's all great and all to see McGuffie going to UM where he fits perfect into RR's offense, RR still doesn't have any other pieces in place on offense at WR or O-Line to run his spread like he had at WVU where the machine was rolling at full steam - so Pryor could go to Michigan where the cupboard is bare except for a couple young RBs....or he could go to Ohio State and run behind Mike Adams, Mike Brewster, JB Shugarts, maybe Josh Jenkins, Bryant Browning, Connor Smith, and Jimmy Cordle and use DeVier Posey, Jake Stoneburner, Lamaar Thomas, Taurian Washington, Dane Sanzenbacher, Ray Small, Brian Hartline, Jake Ballard, Brandon Saine, and Boom Herron at his disposal. Would Vince Young have been so amazing at Texas if he didn't have the best O-Line in the nation in 2005 along with a great RB unit and a loaded WR corps? I don't think he would've been nearly as productive, though still good if he had just mediocre talent around him.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Imagine him, McGuffie and Carlos Brown on a triple option?
That is pretty beastly right off the bat, I can only imagine...Either way I cant wait to see how McGuffie looks out there, is he going to play immediately next year or just sparingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Sure he's very talented, but some question how he will do in the Big Ten, and while it's all great and all to see McGuffie going to UM where he fits perfect into RR's offense, RR still doesn't have any other pieces in place on offense at WR or O-Line to run his spread like he had at WVU where the machine was rolling at full steam - so Pryor could go to Michigan where the cupboard is bare except for a couple young RBs....or he could go to Ohio State and run behind Mike Adams, Mike Brewster, JB Shugarts, maybe Josh Jenkins, Bryant Browning, Connor Smith, and Jimmy Cordle and use DeVier Posey, Jake Stoneburner, Lamaar Thomas, Taurian Washington, Dane Sanzenbacher, Ray Small, Brian Hartline, Jake Ballard, Brandon Saine, and Boom Herron at his disposal. Would Vince Young have been so amazing at Texas if he didn't have the best O-Line in the nation in 2005 along with a great RB unit and a loaded WR corps? I don't think he would've been nearly as productive, though still good if he had just mediocre talent around him.

Yea but asking if VY would have been as great had he not been at Texas is pretty much like saying imagine him at OU, thats the difference between OU and UT, same with OSU and UM, yes one school has more talent then the other at certain stages but both are great programs and I have no doubt RR will continue to bring in players, it might not look as good as UM right now but i wouldnt go as far to say the cupboard is fair...Juice Williams doesnt have that many options at his disposal but he makes it work out fine, because he makes the players around him better...same goes for Pryor, I feel like wherever he goes he is going to make his surrounding cast better, and even if OSU did bring in a stronger class I think he would mask it, by the time his junior year rolled around im pretty sure UM would have talent around him to make that a dangerous offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Seriously? Bare? This is Michigan we are talking about, not Cincinatti. We have brought in 14 4 stars in this class with more on the way and it's not as if Michigan has been roping sleeper bums with no hype around them the last few years, UM brings in top talent at every position year in and year out.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Seriously? Bare? This is Michigan we are talking about, not Cincinatti. We have brought in 14 4 stars in this class with more on the way and it's not as if Michigan has been roping sleeper bums with no hype around them the last few years, UM brings in top talent at every position year in and year out.
that was exactly my point, just because people dont know who guys are doesnt mean the next batch wont be just as talented, all of the top tier programs reload very well without much of a problem, only thing they wont have is experience, talent is another story

Quote:
Old 01-19-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
What are you talking about? We went 9-4, so we clearly suck and always will. ;)
Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan still has plenty of talent returning on offense, and the majority of our defense. Our 23rd ranked scoring defense and 7th ranked pass defense returns all but 3 starters. Jonas Mouton is very likely going to be an upgrade over Chris Graham anyways. As far as offense goes, we're stacked at RB. While none of our guys are as good as Mike Hart, we'll have four quality backs. Carlos Brown played real well in limited playing time, Kevin Grady comes back from injury, and there are high expectations for McGuffie. Brandon Minor, who could probably start for a third of teams in D1-A next season, is going to be the third or fourth option. I'm not even going to bring up Avery Horn or Mike Cox. I'm really not concerned with our WR's at all. Manningham and Arrington were great, but Greg Mathews has showed a lot of promise and we have a ton of recruits from the past two classes. The OL is a bit of a concern, but I'd like to think we've recruited well enough for it to at least be solid.

All this talk about going 3-8 or 4-7 is completely ridiculous. I think 6-6 is an absolute worst case scenario. With 7-5 or 8-4 much more likely. We're not going to compete for a National Championship this year, but the cupboard is far from bare.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not even close to being overated.

My concern is can he hold up at RB in the Big ten and stay healthy.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said this about 2 years ago when we first started to learn about McGuffie but.......

I have never seen a highschool oline work so well in tandem and get to the 2nd level as consistently as McGuffie's.... maybe one of the most athletic olines i've ever seen in highschool

THis is the only thing that worries me about him, if you don't believe me go and watch some of these tapes and just focus on the oline
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god . . . this dude better not change to Cal at the last second . . .
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Oh my god . . . this dude better not change to Cal at the last second . . .
If he's scared of competition (Robinson, Shaw) then don't ******* come. I think McGuffie is awesome but competition weeds out the weak.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
If he's scared of competition (Robinson, Shaw) then don't ******* come. I think McGuffie is awesome but competition weeds out the weak.
He's probably not man enough to handle the Midwest weather . . . sunshine in California is for weaklings, not true football warriors.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this kid has been hyped since he was a highschool sophomore, no way he's gonna live up to the hype...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am not concerned about McGuffie leaving and neither is Dan O'Neill.

www.mgoblog.com
Old 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Cal has just as much competition for the job as Michigan does, I dont even understand the last minute change...Covaughn DeBoskie is going to be solid for Cal

Quote:
Old 02-06-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Hyped only to be downgraded and disrespected by services like Rivals who rank him behind backs that are inferior in every tangible way.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things are definitely looking better now than they were a few hours ago...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Things are definitely looking better now than they were a few hours ago...
Anxiety i'm sure. This is a life changing decision he's making. I hope he goes to UM I want to see him in the offense.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Yea P-L i heard he was ticked baout signing Robinson and Shaw but is still committed

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Yea P-L i heard he was ticked baout signing Robinson and Shaw but is still committed
pretty much since TRob and Shaw are both highly thought of RBs, but Jackson and RichRod have been assuring McGuffie that they are not being recruited as RBs (which is true). TRob even said when he committed that he was being recruited to play slot WR, and Shaw was offered as WR but could move to CB.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGuffie has signed his LOI
Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
McGuffie has signed his LOI

Link? Or is this a joke? WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

http://michigan.scout.com/2/727202.html
Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
Well that's good to hear.

What a funny picture . . . guy is goofy.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Damn dudes ripped eh?
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote